• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Wizards at Hawks

lethalweapon3

• Premium Member
9 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

The game was not in jeopardy.  And teams shoot 3s with a 10 point lead all the time.   The issue with those 3s is that they came early in the shot clock, especially Cam's.

But he was wide open.  And he's shooting 44% from 3 so far this season.

The lead went down to 6 with 2 minutes to go what are you talking about??

7 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

He doesn't get those attempts because his teammates look to score when they get the ball.  They don't look to pass it out to Trae for an open 3.

That's why it was so shocking to see Bogi, of all people, pass it back out to Trae for that 3.

We not gonna do that. Everybody plays a part. Trae not putting himself in scoring position when he doesn’t have the ball is another thing. He’ll just stand way out past the hash mark outside of the play when he doesn’t have the ball

• Like 2

• Premium Member
41 minutes ago, Cwell said:

Crazy thing about Trae’s offball game is he seems to be a great catch and shoot player, but he rarely gets those attempts. I think the only 3 he hit tonight was a catch and shoot

17 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

He doesn't get those attempts because his teammates look to score when they get the ball.  They don't look to pass it out to Trae for an open 3.

That's why it was so shocking to see Bogi, of all people, pass it back out to Trae for that 3.

It's both....Trae has to move without the ball and his teammates have to actually look for him.

• Like 4

• Premium Member
7 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

What are YOU talking about?  We had a 12 point lead for most of the 2nd minute.

image.png

Maybe there is something wrong with my Eyes but at no point under 2 minutes did we have a 12 point lead and that lead went down to 7 win over a minute to go in the game.  Reddish took a 3 point shot with 45 seconds to go in the game.

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

Definitely something wrong with your eyes lol the game was over and it was an open 3.  Not really a big deal.  Definitely not the 1 thing we should be focusing in on after a nice win where the Hawks looked much better and beat a solid Wizards team

image.png

I don't focus on wins and losses only how the team and each player is performing and some players have to get better.  I definitely was most impressed with John Collins.  He set the tone early and sparked the offense and defense.  I wasn't impressed with the effort from the bench.  Their defense was not good

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, Cwell said:

We not gonna do that. Everybody plays a part. Trae not putting himself in scoring position when he doesn’t have the ball is another thing. He’ll just stand way out past the hash mark outside of the play when he doesn’t have the ball

What specifically do you want Trae to do, when he doesn't have the ball?

29 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

I don't focus on wins and losses only how the team and each player is performing and some players have to get better.  I definitely was most impressed with John Collins.  He set the tone early and sparked the offense and defense.  I wasn't impressed with the effort from the bench.  Their defense was not good

So what's your overall grade for the team tonight?