• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Suns

lethalweapon3

1 minute ago, Peoriabird said:

So Collins didn't have 26 points? Or go 3-4 from the 3 point line.  Damn near unstoppable on the pick and roll tonight. We can't keep going to him because a poor 3 point shooter taking contested 3 point shot is a better option???

The same plays that you get in the first 3 quarters, are not the same ones you can get at the end of games.   That's why at the end of games, you need guys who can create and make shots. 

If we want to use JC as a closer type scorer, he'll have to show that he can make tough shots at the end of games, either in the post or in isolation.

Until then, Trae has to have the ball in his hands in order to create a shot for himself, or for people like Collins.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, JTB said:

Trae went hero ball and honestly so did Bogi. Cp3 got in hunter head with that terrible ass no call foul and he just went dumb at end after already not showing up on offense. 

2 or 3 more games like this and yeah maybe we can start discussing trades or at least lineup changes 

Im already ready for a trade...

• Haha 1

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

It matters in the here and now because we still have 72 games to play.

Look Bird.  These guys play dumb with the exception of Collins.  Nate's coaching has been dumb.  That's not a recipe for success no mater how good the team looks at times.

16 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

So Collins didn't have 26 points? Or go 3-4 from the 3 point line.  Damn near unstoppable on the pick and roll tonight. We can't keep going to him because a poor 3 point shooter taking contested step back 3 point shots is a better option???  Are you fing serious???

Been telling people Trae is who he is at this point....If we're gonna live and die with him, we're gonna die more often imo......

Edited by terrell
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

The same plays that you get in the first 3 quarters, are not the same ones you can get at the end of games.   That's why at the end of games, you need guys who can create and make shots. 

If we want to use JC as a closer type scorer, he'll have to show that he can make tough shots at the end of games, either in the post or in isolation.

Until then, Trae has to have the ball in his hands in order to create a shot for himself, or for people like Collins.

Even if you don't have a direct bucket with JC, he's been money off a reading from the PnR. That could have lead to an open Cam or Bogi 3 from the corner. Even if they miss, that's a high quality shot and those shots never lead to transition opportunities like stepback 27fts 3s.

• Like 4

Also, I don't like Capela not finishing games at the end.  This was a pet peeve of mine with LP at the beginning of last season, when we went on a similar losing streak after our hot start.

Bring Capela back in the game ( even if they try to hack-a-Capela ).  He's the defensive anchor, along with Collins.

Capela is also useful as the pick and roll threat, while Collins can be in the corner or in the long midrange to receive an outlet pass.

• Like 3

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, Peoriabird said:

Look Bird.  These guys play dumb with the exception of Collins.  Nate's coaching is dumb.  That's not a recipe for success no mater how good the team looks at times.

Like I said...it still matters right now since the season is long....what you would hope to see is improvement in those decision making areas as the season progresses.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

So you stick to shit that doesn't have a prayer at working.  Sounds like LP coaching to me.

2 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Look Bird.  These guys play dumb with the exception of Collins.  Nate's coaching has been dumb.  That's not a recipe for success no mater how good the team looks at times.

Ain’t gon lie…Nate need to get it together! I do agree with that part. Whatever he was doing last season they need to go back to that cause they aren’t performing right now.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, terrell said:

Been telling people Trae is who he is at this point....If we're gonna live and die with him, we're gonna die more often imo......

I hope you are wrong but the bigger issue is that some posters think that he is just fine the way he is!  SMH

• Sad 1

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

I don't think it's about having him as a closer but putting him in the PnR action where he has shown his efficiency in scoring and at least in the early part of the season has shown his ability to make an easy pass out of it. It at least forces the defense to have to move/rotate/guard in lieu of all eyes focused on just Trae.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Also, I don't like Capela not finishing games at the end.  This was a pet peeve of mine with LP at the beginning of last season, when we went on a similar losing streak after our hot start.

Bring Capela back in the game ( even if they try to hack-a-Capela ).  He's the defensive anchor, along with Collins.

Capela is also useful as the pick and roll threat, while Collins can be in the corner or in the long midrange to receive an outlet pass.

Agreed and thought about how LP pulled capela so often at the end of games. I’m not seeing enough pick and rolls with capela this season either but going back to your point I believe the small ball lineup the suns were throwing at us made Nate scared to play capela at crucial moments.

lets all be real and just say McMillan is disappointing with some stuff early on so far! Not playing capela at the end and playing Lou to run point in the 4th killed the offensive momentum in my opinion.

19 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

So Collins didn't have 26 points? Or go 3-4 from the 3 point line.  Damn near unstoppable on the pick and roll tonight. We can't keep going to him because a poor 3 point shooter taking contested step back 3 point shots is a better option???  Are you fing serious???

Trae trying to get on SportsCenter Highlights and trend on Twitter... EVERYTIME he does that crossover or stepback behind the 3 pt line, I know he's gonna shoot.. Regardless of the situation.. It looks good on the highlights......

And I dont know wth Bogi and Hunter were doing.....

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Clint was playing like shit at times tonight energy wise. It wasn't pretty. Him and Lou almost looked like they didnt want to play tonight 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1