• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Warriors

lethalweapon3

• Premium Member
10 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Oh boy. I'm glad Morris is OK but I can't say he didn't deserve what he got.

That was amazing!  I'm a hockey player so I look at like Morris got exactly what he deserved and maybe now he'll think twice before acting like a POS on the court.   I cheered out loud when Jokic cracked him.  Dumbass should know that if you're gonna act like that don't turn your back on your opponent.  He felt too comfortable being a goon out there, glad he paid the price for it.  Now someone get his brother next!

7 hours ago, FL_BRYANT said:

The HAWKS are what their record and play says they are until they prove different.  What has the second team done to be called good. Until it is proven on the court it's nothing but speculation. The HAWKS are a good team but they caught lightning in a bottle last year when everything went their way. You don't win games on paper.  You have to prove it on the court and they aren't doing that. It's early and I expect them to get better but remember we have one guy that has made an Allstar game or is on an allstar or superstar level.  There is a reason  they say teams need three stars to win. Right now we don't have it. Collins is  a pretty good player but not dominate with the rest  of the team being average to good.  We're making our ballplayers out to be better than they are. They haven't proven it yet. When they become consistent then we can label them as great or stars. Until then they are still a very young team trying to find out who they really are. Let's hope it's soon.

1. Clint Capela cannot buy a bucket, nor is he playing any defense. Additionally, he gets the ball at the free throw line and refuses to drive down the wide open lane and dunk. At this point he is useless.
2. Trae plays Hero Ball, and refuses to get JC the ball in the 2nd half last night and Hunter when he was hot previous 2 games..
3. Hunter is gonna wear down trying to guard every fkn body, and that's probably why he couldn't hit the broad side of a barn last night..
4. Cam is hit or miss, and he takes bad shots at the wrong time. If there's ever a good time to take bad shots.
5. Gallo sucks -  can't shoot, can't play defense, can't rebound, but he can complain and cry (see Trae)
6. At this point Dieng is better than no offense Clint. And Dieng isnt that good either.. Get well soon Onyeka..
7. Bogi, is ok, but his decision making is all of a sudden suspect.
8. Wright needs more playing time. 
9. Solo.....Just split Gallo's min with he and Jalen Johnson. Solo will at least calm us down out there and play hard.. Jalen cant be any worse than Gallo..
10. Sharife should get all of Sweet Lou's time if he gets any.. ALL of it...
11. I may go to College Park Friday to watch the Young Hawks....
12. Nate sucks right now ; his in game decision making is horrible..... Dan Quinn like....

On to Utah.............................
  • Like 3

• Moderators

Only things i disagree with is that like it or not we need Gallo hitting shots.    We don't have any other options.   The good news is that he will start hitting them.   Guys don't just stop making shots permanently that they've been making for 10+ years.   

Wright / Lou - neither are really doing that well.  

While i want to see Jalen and Sharife it would be very surprising to me if they could come in and have a positive effect right now.   It's just really soon.  

Nate does some things i don't like but folks were saying Wright sucks then they benched him and they said he should be playing.   Cam wasn't getting enough time early and now he looks like a rookie again.  At some point guys have to step up.   

• Like 2

1 hour ago, terrell said:

Poole, Herro, Keldon Johnson,, etc............Reddish is getting left behind in development by guys picked after him.

In all fairness, Cam missed most games his 2nd year and all of them either got extended mins. I don't know if you can measure his development with there's due to the injury element 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Im going through all the phases right now, Trying to stay positive.

One thing that really irks me that we can't control, is our immaturity. Specifically Cam and then sometimes Trae and others.

Cam scares the crap out of me whenever he puts the ball on the floor, I don't know if it's going to be an awkward shot attempt, a loose handle that causes him turnover the ball, an offensive foul, an off balanced step back, a failed highlight dunk that rims into the 2nd level, OR a spectacular play that only he can make.

His play is really unnerving, even when he is "playing well". It's just erratic and it kind of sets the tone that we are not comfortable or sure of ourselves out there. I'm pointing him out because he clearly is the one with the least playing time and is still developing as a young player.

I'm not going to blame him for our struggles but it is telling that his BEST games came when we were playing well as a team, and his off games tend to result in some eyesore loses.

• Like 3

• Premium Member
35 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

He's more than a superstar, he's a top 15 HOFer. He's a potential GOAT candidate 

He should be in the GOAT conversation right now but people are too entrenched in MJ v Lebron and their stats that are largely dictated by a much higher usage rate than Steph.  Curry's impact on the court is more significant than anyone i've ever seen.  Look how helpless we looked last night when he got hot.  The entire team was in disarray trying to pick him up, double him, etc.  You give the guy a 2/10th of a second window and he's splashing a 3 in your face.  His efficiency is better than anyone, all-time, and he doesn't rely on free throws for his points.  His 2016 season was the most special season i've ever seen.  50/45/90 while shooting 11 3s a game is unfathomable... when he gets hot like last night there's little we can do to win the game -- sometimes you just have to appreciate what you're seeing while he's still in the league

• Like 2

I'm not hearing a GOAT conversation for Curry.  Great player.  HOFer.  All-timer.  All that.  Not close to GOAT.

Drop him in Cleveland or Charlotte or New Orleans with middling/poor teammates that don't compliment what he does well and watch how GOATy he'd be.

• Like 2

• Moderators
6 minutes ago, kg01 said:

I'm not hearing a GOAT conversation for Curry.  Great player.  HOFer.  All-timer.  All that.  Not close to GOAT.

Drop him in Cleveland or Charlotte or New Orleans with middling/poor teammates that don't compliment what he does well and watch how GOATy he'd be.

Well that would be true of any GOATs right?     But how much more middling can you get than what he has as GS right now?

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Well that would be true of any GOATs right?     But how much more middling can you get than what he has as GS right now?

Lies!  GOATs elevate.  GOATs are not situation-specific.

It's one of the reasons people hate that Lebron picks/chooses teammates/coaches/etc.  It puts a bit of doubt into his equation.  He could be great enough to win under less than ideal circumstances, but he chooses not to try.  Looks for the path of least resistance.

9 hours ago, niremetal said:

I agree with (1). (2) is a push (I'm assuming you meant Cam and Huerter, both of whom have been even less consistent than Bogi or Dre, but I'd be up for "promoting" Huerter and rolling with the starting 5 that dominated for us March through June). (3) is a hell no...Deuce Coop looked downright awful in his first two G League games.

That's because he's trying to be a lead scorer, which he is not.

You put better overall talent around Sharife and have him just run the offense, and I would bet that he looks a lot better simply concentrating running the team, than running the team and trying to score like Trae.

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Let me add....THIS SHOULD NOT BE SOME EQUAL OPPORTUNITY OFFENSE where EVERYONE gotta get shots. Operate out of the Trae/JC PnR, that should be the staple where everything flows off of that, players move - Trae and now JC will find them.

Yeah this should be the base and guys like Cam, Kev, and Dre can do that top of the key pnr if they are feeling it or if Trae is being denied the ball.

A big issue is that guys aren't moving. We're alright off of plays like those floppy sets that result in open looks, but those are sometimes too slow and don't have alot of backups opportunities when they fail. We have the talent to keep defenses on their heels like GSW did to us. Guys gotta drive, kick, cut, and flow off each other and make the right reads accordingly. Be in the right place at the right time. 

Trae did a good job of not standing at the top of the key waiting for the ball to come back to him, hopefully he saw how dangerous Curry showed he can be by consistently moving and as @TheNorthCydeRises points out, guys gotta look for him when they are attacking and focus on making a play and not just scoring. JC has been the best at that this season, which is funny considering he was one of the worst at it last season. One of the many good things about him is that he gives up the ball when he's not in scoring position, everyone else tries to make something happen out of nothing. We have size and shooters, move and read each-other!

I like the growth and increased focus though, looks like these growing pains might bear some good fruit if we can get on the same page.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

We are still struggling on both side of the ball when Trae sits - can't defend and can't find any offense.  Trae sat at 3:48 left in the 3rd with GSW up by 5 and the score 82-87.  We score 3 points to end the 3rd while GSW scored 15 to end the quarter at 85-102.  Giving up 41 points in a quarter is just unacceptable and Collins getting ZERO shot attempts in that 3rd quarter was criminal.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, kg01 said:

I disagree. Steph is one of the greatest players in the NBA history. The 2nd best ceiling raiser in NBA history outside of Michael Jordan. 

• Like 2

• Premium Member
7 minutes ago, aali34 said:

A big issue is that guys aren't moving. We're alright off of plays like those floppy sets that result in open looks, but those are sometimes too slow and don't have alot of backups opportunities when they fail. We have the talent to keep defenses on their heels like GSW did to us. Guys gotta drive, kick, cut, and flow off each other and make the right reads accordingly. Be in the right place at the right time.

This - we are not moving with purpose and urgency ...just floating.

• Like 2

• Premium Member

Very insightful indeed - the question is 'who is the outlet for Trae when this happens, someone capable of making the alternate reads for themselves or other players?'...at the start of the season, I said we needed one of our wings players to take that next step...so far, they have ALL been inconsistent.

• Like 2

• Moderators
2 hours ago, shakes said:

That was amazing!  I'm a hockey player so I look at like Morris got exactly what he deserved and maybe now he'll think twice before acting like a POS on the court.   I cheered out loud when Jokic cracked him.  Dumbass should know that if you're gonna act like that don't turn your back on your opponent.  He felt too comfortable being a goon out there, glad he paid the price for it.  Now someone get his brother next!

I'm not as jubilant about the whole thing but 100% agree with this.  If you are going to goon, you'd better watch your back because someone is going to get sick of it at some point and retaliate.  Liked watching Spoelstra pretend like Morris doesn't routinely deliver cheap shots and looking the play in isolation as if this was a tit-for-tat without Morris having laid a much longer road to this moment.

• Like 2