• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Warriors

lethalweapon3

Why does Curry get the same calls he did and Trae doesn’t? We are getting hosed by the refs.

Gallo has gotten it the worst. The guy can’t buy a call. 

Seriously, this is getting ridiculous. Is there a player rep that can stand up for the Hawks NON CALLS!!

Like, how long is this gonna go on?

• Like 3

1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

I understand Steph was in his bag but still. Foul his ass

He’s not lasting 82 games. He’s fragile. One of these nights his shoulder is gonna come out of its socket watch. He bent tonight but didn’t break. 

• Like 1

Just now, Spud2nique said:

Why does Curry get the same calls he did and Trae doesn’t? We are getting hosed by the refs.

Seriously, this is getting ridiculous. Is there a player rep that can stand up for the Hawks NON CALLS!!

It's been rough. I would say Atlanta got screwed out of two games this year due to refs. PHX and CLE game.

• Sad 1

Torn meniscus for Collin Sexton...Wow...

2 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

The refs like Steph...The league needs the Warriors to be good..They dont care about the Hawks...smh

Edited by terrell
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

• Premium Member
Just now, NBASupes said:

I part of me feels like the bench should be much better than this. Too talented. Cam's inconsistency is a problem but you got Kevin, Gallo, Wright, and Dieng. That's a quality ass bench 

I'll give Delon some leeway since he was just brought back in the rotation. I agree with everything else.

I think the bench unit would play better with OO. He's just so quick and active. He and Cam would be a great bench duo defensively.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, aali34 said:

I'll give Delon some leeway since he was just brought back in the rotation. I agree with everything else.

I think the bench unit would play better with OO. He's just so quick and active. He and Cam would be a great bench duo defensively.

I would love to see Hunter and Reddish together. Especially since Bogi and Kevin fit better together. Bogi looks off Hunter too much

• Like 2

• Premium Member

Nate needs to stop the all bench lineups. I do that in 2k cuz its easier to switch out on timeouts but that's 2k. Our bench is killing us. We have the deepest team in the NBA and those guys are playing like clowns. There's no nice way to say it.  Gallo finally gets in the low post, gets a bucket, next time gets the ball goes in the low post draws a foul...and then never goes into the low post the rest of the game. Just mindless basketball out there.

It is time to hit the panic button at 4-7. Our schedule has been damn brutal and it isn't getting any easier. Especially with the refs out on a blood feud with the Hawks.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Sothron said:

Nate needs to stop the all bench lineups. I do that in 2k cuz its easier to switch out on timeouts but that's 2k. Our bench is killing us. We have the deepest team in the NBA and those guys are playing like clowns. There's no nice way to say it.  Gallo finally gets in the low post, gets a bucket, next time gets the ball goes in the low post draws a foul...and then never goes into the low post the rest of the game. Just mindless basketball out there.

It is time to hit the panic button at 4-7. Our schedule has been damn brutal and it isn't getting any easier. Especially with the refs out on a blood feud with the Hawks.

We don't play smart this year.

• Sad 1

46 minutes ago, Sothron said:

I think we can kill that "deepest team in the league" talk.  Not with the way some of these guys have been playing.

3 things Nate can do:

(1) Stop with the all bench player lineups

(2) Shake up the starting lineup by starting either Cam or Reddish in place of Bogi or Hunter

(3) Give Sharife a legit shot to be the full time backup PG

• Like 1

• Premium Member
11 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

I think we can kill that "deepest team in the league" talk.  Not with the way some of these guys have been playing.

3 things Nate can do:

(1) Stop with the all bench player lineups

(2) Shake up the starting lineup by starting either Cam or Reddish in place of Bogi or Hunter

(3) Give Sharife a legit shot to be the full time backup PG

I agree with (1). (2) is a push (I'm assuming you meant Cam and Huerter, both of whom have been even less consistent than Bogi or Dre, but I'd be up for "promoting" Huerter and rolling with the starting 5 that dominated for us March through June). (3) is a hell no...Deuce Coop looked downright awful in his first two G League games.

Edited by niremetal

Not worried. Bucks are 4-6 and they are the NBA champs of last year. I’m not saying we are them just saying it’s all still just begun. 10 more games in November would give us 21 total and by then a good assessment of what we have or may need to alter.

We showed signs against the Suns and tonight against the Warriors in the first half. We are just a couple loose ends away from going on a winning streak. Again, this early season schedule will only make us tougher for the rest of the year. 

Adams Silver is throwing everything he can at us, a tough schedule, the refs, let’s see how we adjust and thrive.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

The HAWKS are what their record and play says they are until they prove different.  What has the second team done to be called good. Until it is proven on the court it's nothing but speculation. The HAWKS are a good team but they caught lightning in a bottle last year when everything went their way. You don't win games on paper.  You have to prove it on the court and they aren't doing that. It's early and I expect them to get better but remember we have one guy that has made an Allstar game or is on an allstar or superstar level.  There is a reason  they say teams need three stars to win. Right now we don't have it.Collins is  a pretty good player but not dominate with the rest  of the team being average to good.  We're making our ballplayers out to be better than they are. They haven't proven it yet. When they become consistent then we can label them as great or stars. Until then they are still a very young team trying to find out who they really are. Let's hope it's soon.

Glad I didn't get too excited about the playoff run last year. This team is a mess and Trae Young is a joke.

People should never compare Trae to Curry ever again. One can shoot and score without needing 8-10 free throws and the other can't because he struggles to shoot 42%.

Honestly, I think in some ways Trae has got worse over the years rather than better. He seemed to have more magic and flair then.

Now, you've a player with endless arrogance that is also complaining and expecting refs to bail him out.

Edited by Plainview1981
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

23 minutes ago, Plainview1981 said:

Glad I didn't get too excited about the playoff run last year. This team is a mess and Trae Young is a joke.

People should never compare Trae to Curry ever again. One can shoot and score without needing 8-10 free throws and the other can't because he struggles to shoot 42%.

Honestly, I think in some ways Trae has got worse over the years rather than better. He seemed to have more magic and flair then.

Now, you've a player with endless arrogance that is also complaining and expecting refs to bail him out.

And probably also one of the worst defenders in NBA history 

Edited by Plainview1981
  • Like 1

Steph’s 50 was aight.  His grail is actually when he’s grabbing 7 boards, 3 steals, and a block tho.  He could’ve dropped only 24 and they still would’ve won manufacturing the other 26 based on his gravity.  Sh*t been the same since the first time I seen him play.  People think his shooting is so otherworldly but his IQ and moxie damn near equal it.

I really like Payton Jr.  +22 while fouling out with 2 points.  He just gets game flow, momentum, and ball denial, not surprising seeing who his pops is.

The Hawks have numerous problems but we gotta realize the refs ain’t one when the Hawks take more FTs than their opponents.  I’m usually the first to rag on Trae’s D but that ain’t even much of an issue.  He runs and hides from the point of attack and opponents rarely take advantage of him in mismatches and off ball.  Offensive rebounding scenarios they take advantage for certain.

The ball movement simply ain’t crisp.  We’re a low turnover team and still can’t reap any rewards from it because our opponents turnover even less and assist more.  It’s hard to install adequate screening and cutting in your offense when your main guy just ain’t about that but Nate and Schlenk have to make it work regardless.  I put that onus mostly on Bogi and Kevin as our best combinations of shooting, size, grit, movement, and passing.  Capela and Hunters total lack of passing hurts like a mug.

Hunter is really taking a hit having to guard so many different players. Even with great three point shooting his offensive rating is a poor 98 due to never taking FTs and an inverted assist to turn ratio. But ain’t no way in hell his defensive rating should be anywhere near 115 even with the poor rebounding.

John is a team guy and that’s great.  Sometime he gotta light a fire under coach and teammates to get him the ball on the block though.  .218 win share per 48 with an 18% usage.  Trae .119 win share per 48, 31% usage.  Don’t quite add up.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 2