• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Warriors

lethalweapon3

Cam has seemed to drop back down to Earth quickly with an eFG below .500 and defensive rating at 112.  He’s still pretty green in terms of team play and he can’t pass activity off as productive play as he often tries.  Another one who rarely screens or cuts through yet has a 24.4 usage wtf.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 1

THUD!  That's the sound of the last season's playoff Hawk team as they fall down to open this season.  Yes.  They are terrible.  There is enough blame to go around.  Everyone gets their fair share.  Can't point to any one thing and say, "That's it!"

It's true.  We just met the hottest NBA team.  That doesn't cure the hurt of the loss.  After last season's run in the playoffs, all of us believed.  We feel let down.  Things were bad before last night.  Our opponent allowed us to get a nice lead (About 15 points) then proceeded to jerk the rug out from under us, laughing all the way.  Made these Hawks look like a G League team.

We're not really this bad.  We keep telling ourselves this.  We continue to lose, over and over.  We're not just bad.  We're headed to the NBA basement.  Not a great feeling for last season's 3rd place team.  

😪

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, benhillboy said:

The ball movement simply ain’t crisp. 

This is what separated the two teams to me last night. GSW knew what they were going to do almost every possession and were decisive and extremely quick with it. We need to get to that level.

• Like 2

• Premium Member

Cam has seemed to drop back down to Earth quickly with an eFG below .500 and defensive rating at 112.  He’s still pretty green in terms of team play and he can’t pass activity off as productive play as he often tries.  Another one who rarely screens or cuts through yet has a 24.4 usage wtf.

Gallo coming back into the rotation has thrown him off. Gallo is clearly the first option off the bench and Cam is not being aggressive looking for his shot. 

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Gray Mule said:

THUD!  That's the sound of the last season's playoff Hawk team as they fall down to open this season.  Yes.  They are terrible.  There is enough blame to go around.  Everyone gets their fair share.  Can't point to any one thing and say, "That's it!"

It's true.  We just met the hottest NBA team.  That doesn't cure the hurt of the loss.  After last season's run in the playoffs, all of us believed.  We feel let down.  Things were bad before last night.  Our opponent allowed us to get a nice lead (About 15 points) then proceeded to jerk the rug out from under us, laughing all the way.  Made these Hawks look like a G League team.

We're not really this bad.  We keep telling ourselves this.  We continue to lose, over and over.  We're not just bad.  We're headed to the NBA basement.  Not a great feeling for last season's 3rd place team.  

😪

All other teams are playing like their hair is on fire defensively while we trot around thinking they will let up. They aren't. Every team thinks they can do what the Hawks did last season and they are playing like it.  There should be no excuse as to why all of our guys aren’t playing with a more urgent pace on both sides of the court. 

• Like 2

He cuts but he hasn't learned the art of useful cutting and half of the time, we miss him or guys are inaccurate with the pass like Kev and it just causes a turnover. 

Cam is a player with extraordinary talent but he has more flaws than Josh Smith even if Josh has more severe flaws, Cam has more flaws in general. The most flawed NBA player I've ever seen. When you can minimize his flaws and maximize his strengths, he's a legit HOF talent. When his flaws are maximized and his strengths are minimized, he looks like he should be the wing for the College Park Skyhawks. There is a reason Nate tried out TLC last night instead of Cam. 

Smoove got to the point where he had the ability to maximize his strengths but his severe flaws were still there. With Cam, you wonder if he can get to the point where he can consistently minimize his flaws and maximize his strengths to where he can have a HOF career. Otherwise, Cam will likely lounge in the inconsistent, non impact 3&D+ range which is a lonely place that I don't think I've seen anyone in the NBA land in. Myles Turner was close to that a couple years back but he found away to minimize his flaws. 

Turner, Lonzo Ball, and Reddish are freakish talents with a lot of flaws. Turner has less flaws than the other two but less strengths. Ball is the most consistent but probably less likely to overcome his flaws. Cam is the one that has to figure it out because the other two are very productive even if they are flawed freakish talented. Cam is not consistently productive. A part of this is on the Hawks, we haven't done our best work with Cam but Cam would have this issue anywhere. Those other two have tremendous drive and work ethic. I know Cam is getting there but still not quite there. He just gotta put in work. Unlike the other two, Cam is what I call an AAU BrAtZ. It takes time for these types to adjust to professional and college Basketball. More than usual. Almost all general do adjust but being healthy is another thing Cam has to work on. So far he's missed no games nor has been on the injury report, that's an improvement. 

Edited by NBASupes
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, aali34 said:

Gotta fix those 3rd quarters. Our first halves are always competitive and then we break down.

Nate got some tweaking to do. He played Delon tonight which shows that he doesn't act off of his pressers, we saw that in the Knicks series as well. 

Rayford's optimistic which is good. He's a solid gauge on understanding the team's dynamic.

Nate doing the same shit that caused LP to lose his job....BLOWING LEADS.....

• Like 1

• Moderators
9 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Oh boy. I'm glad Morris is OK but I can't say he didn't deserve what he got.

Yeah, I can't condone blindsiding a guy like that but at the same time there are only so many non-basketball plays someone can take before they are like "if you think you can ****ing shoulder charge and hack me all the time then fine I'm going to shoulder charge you right back."  Morris has been a dirty play artist for years.  Could have done the normal "swipe the arm for a foul" play and chose to smash himself into Jokic instead.  Morris was ejected for the play but I can pretty well guarantee if would have been just a normal foul if Jokic hadn't reacted like that.

8 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

So if you were the Hawks GM we would have Jordan Poole and Evan Mobley. Great that’s a 19-63 team. :party:

And Luka Doncic, Huerter, and Mitchell Robinson(That's who I had in my mock that year)..

And I didnt say Id pick Poole over Reddish or Hunter I just said he'd been ballin... .

Poole was almost a 2nd rdr. (We couldve moved up for him instead of Bruno is what I said, so yeah.. lol)

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, terrell said:

And Luka Doncic, Huerter, and Mitchell Robinson(That's who I had in my mock that year)..

And I didnt say Id pick Poole over Reddish or Hunter I just said he'd been ballin... .

Poole was almost a 2nd rdr. (We couldve moved up for him instead of Bruno is what I said, so yeah.. lol)

Poole was so awful his rookie year. Worse than Cam and to see his offensive growth in the last two years is impressive 

• Like 1

• Moderators

It's not Nate's fault.  Sure he has to figure out how to fix it but we've got a lot of players playing like they have no idea what they are doing.   Hunter and Cam look like they think if they hit some threes that's good enough offensive contribution.   Bogi and Heurter are trying and failing to drive and move the ball although they were ok last night.  too many turnovers.  

We need someone who can get us buckets when things get tough.  It can't be all on Trae.   When it is is when he's at his worst.  

Nate does need to get on these refs though.  And friggin challenge something!  Even if it's meaningless you have to start making a point.  

• Like 1

• Moderators
1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

Poole was so awful his rookie year. Worse than Cam and to see his offensive growth in the last two years is impressive 

Will be interesting to see what his role looks like when Klay is back.   Agree on his growth - kudos to the young man.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Yeah but I saw the raw talent at Michigan..

I don't believe Hunter and Bogi fit at all. Time to move Kevin to the 3 to start and stop with the full rotations. Kev plays 6 mins in the 1st, Hunter 6 mins. This team is too stack for full rotations. Stop with the first sub at a 4 min mark. 

2 minutes ago, terrell said:

Yeah but I saw the raw talent at Michigan..

That's why he got picked in the 1st but he was raw af when picked. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, niremetal said:

I agree with (1). (2) is a push (I'm assuming you meant Cam and Huerter, both of whom have been even less consistent than Bogi or Dre, but I'd be up for "promoting" Huerter and rolling with the starting 5 that dominated for us March through June). (3) is a hell no...Deuce Coop looked downright awful in his first two G League games.

Yeah Coop looked rusty...But I know he'll be better playing with better players...

7 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

Not worried. Bucks are 4-6 and they are the NBA champs of last year. I’m not saying we are them just saying it’s all still just begun. 10 more games in November would give us 21 total and by then a good assessment of what we have or may need to alter.

We showed signs against the Suns and tonight against the Warriors in the first half. We are just a couple loose ends away from going on a winning streak. Again, this early season schedule will only make us tougher for the rest of the year. 

Adams Silver is throwing everything he can at us, a tough schedule, the refs, let’s see how we adjust and thrive.

Bucks are missing 2 starters...

You got to give the Warriors credit. I've seen the Hawks play much better and thats encouraging. Kerr was smart he took Curry out mid third and brought him back in against our bench. When Curry is hot there is nothing that you can do...maybe double him and get the ball out his hands, but he is so great off ball.

The wins will start coming after this tough stretch. The schedule gets pretty  light. We maybe a .500 team about 30 games into the season.

Edit: The biggest issue with our defense is Capela isn't 100% yet. I hope he gets there fast, because we need him on the boards and blocking shots like last year.

Edited by marco102
  • Like 4

8 hours ago, bleachkit said:

You gotta hand it to Steph, he is amazing. The league has never seen a player quite like him. Top 20 player all time, and top 5 guard all time.

Now that's a Superstar......People need to stop throwing that word around so easily.. Giving it a bad name...

• Like 1