• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Magic at Hawks

lethalweapon3

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, shakes said:

What’s the Chicago connection?    Why are we watching the same exact basketball games lol?     I’m a Chicagoan, was a Bulls fan, became a Hawks fan and this year the Bulls have piqued my interest again.      Was a diehards Blackhawks fan, but quit on them cold turkey when they traded Panarin.  

Mrs. Sothron is from a town outside Chicago and is a lifelong Chicago sports nut like the rest of her family. I root for Chicago teams unless they play Atlanta teams and vice versa for her. I have always loved the Blackhawks though going back to the 80's. They finally fired that bum coach and are 3-0 under the new coach so there's hope again.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

This is really pretty btw, as far as being balanced offensively. 

029CCAA5-A14B-4237-9A3E-384193C71398.jpeg

Yeah I know it was the Magic but still.  When the Hawks win the three point percentage, FT attempt, rebounding, and turnover battle they can’t lose.  Happened so many times in the playoffs.

• Like 4

• Premium Member
15 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

With the way the refs are calling these games, the bigs are getting more foul calls when they get bumped than the small guards are.

They did give Trae a few calls in the 4th but it probably killed them to do so.

I see a pained look on the refs face everytime Trae is hit with an obvious foul and they have to call it. 

• Haha 4

• Moderators
17 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Man no love Lou or Gallo here after 2 weeks of folks saying they are washed?   And Nate has made good adjustments having Lou in as a 2 guard a lot.  

Man that Mo Bamba bowl over of Trae in the backcourt was ridiculous.   It's so obvious what and who they were 'educated' on in the offseason by the league. 

We need both to keep moving towards their career norms for sure.  Makes a big difference when they are productive in their minutes because both are pure scorers and if they don't give you that it gets very ugly, very quickly.  Lou is closer to what we can expect from him (some good games, some bad games) but Gallo still has a way to go (which isn't a bad thing as it means he can do more).  Gallo's 10 points each of the last two games are still materially below his 13.3 ppg last season and he is currently on pace for career lows in (per minute) assists, steals and blocks so there is definitely upside if he regresses to the mean.

• Like 4

• Premium Member
12 hours ago, Sothron said:

LJ jersey so far: 

All Braves postseason wins, perfect record.

5-0 in Hawks games.

2-0 in Bulls Games.

I tried to sneak it off just now but Mrs. Sothron reminded me the Bulls and Lakers starts in 30 minutes, why bother to take it off just to put it back on...

LJ jersey now 3-0 in Bulls games. 

• Moderators
4 minutes ago, Sothron said:

LJ jersey now 3-0 in Bulls games. 

I'll fully admit that I did not expect Caruso and Ball to so significantly improve that team's defense.  They are turning out to be much better than I expected even though I still remain a bit skeptical of their upside and the potential that they are a bit over their heads early in the year.

• Like 4

41 minutes ago, AHF said:

I'll fully admit that I did not expect Caruso and Ball to so significantly improve that team's defense.  They are turning out to be much better than I expected even though I still remain a bit skeptical of their upside and the potential that they are a bit over their heads early in the year.

I believe the Bulls were the 11th ranked defense last year.  It's not really surprising.  It's just no one noticed they were good last year. 

• Like 2

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

So when the Hawks and Bulls are in the ECF - how exactly does this work 🤔 

This discussion has been had a lot recently.

It's not an issue for me, I am fully committed to my Hawks fandom.  It was easier for me since I already disavowed the Bulls during the Derek Rose injury fiasco and the terrible reign of Pax and Gar Forman.    When I became a Hawks fan I was already without a team for a number of years.

Now that the Bulls are good I'm slowly embracing them again.  helps that they have my favorite player in the league not named Trae Young in Lonzo.   Lonzo is actually the reason I started following the NBA again after basically taking the previous 15 years off (aside from a couple early Derek Rose years in Chicago).

So if Hawks and Bulls meet I will definitely  be rooting for the Hawks.  Besides I am 52 years old, I already lived through 6 Bulls titles during my sports fan prime.  Time for ATL to feel that love.

• Like 3