• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Half-Baked-Hawks at Several-Sixers

lethalweapon3

1 minute ago, Diesel said:

I used to think that about cam, but I don't see superstar yet.   His problem is his mind.  I think he can be a really good player... like Mikal Bridges.. who sits on the brink of superstar but not quite there.   I say we bring him along.   Here's the thing.  I don't know if Cam will ever be better than Dre'.   But Cam is the flashyier of the two. 

If hunter can't stay healthy, the question answers itself.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, terrell said:

Ive been on Capelas case all year.. This is nothing new.. Not knee jerk at all.. All he can do is rebound...OO does everything else better.. But yeah, he needs more min for sure..

You would probably say the same thing about Dikembe too.   😑

The point is rebounding is a possession.   Possessions are more important in basketball than anything else.  Clint is more important to this team because he rebounds, plays defense, and is a good finisher in the pick and roll.   I have said and will say again, there will be a time when OO takes over for Clint and Clint comes off the bench, but that time is not now.

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, kg01 said:

If hunter can't stay healthy, the question answers itself.

I don't disagree. 

But he's not like AD... whereas he's not injured because he's out of shape.  His injuries are freak injuries that happened on the court.   So to say he's prone.. I wouldn't say that.  Just unfortunate.  AD is prone. 

• Like 1

Just now, marco102 said:

Mikal Bridges?  Are you thinking of Miles Brides?  Can has way more handle than Mikal.  Mikal can attack close outs, but can't really get his own shot.  Cam has shown in flashes that he can get his own shot and lately has been getting to the rim. Mikal can't do that.

Folks gotta be careful not to overrate the Suns' guys.  They're a machine right now but, other than Booker, I can't see any of their pieces being able to fend for himself.

• Like 3

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, Diesel said:

I used to think that about cam, but I don't see superstar yet.   His problem is his mind.  I think he can be a really good player... like Mikal Bridges.. who sits on the brink of superstar but not quite there.   I say we bring him along.   Here's the thing.  I don't know if Cam will ever be better than Dre'.   But Cam is the flashyier of the two. 

Not gonna lie, this season Cam hasn't looked out of it mentally. He's either been quiet, solid, or great, but he hasn't been bad.

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, marco102 said:

Mikal Bridges?  Are you thinking of Miles Brides?  Can has way more handle than Mikal.  Mikal can attack close outs, but can't really get his own shot.  Cam has shown in flashes that he can get his own shot and lately has been getting to the rim. Mikal can't do that.

The comparison was not in impersonation.  The comparison is that they are in the same place... Almost superstars. 

1 minute ago, marco102 said:

I'd like to add.  This team tonight played with that hunger and effort that has been missing all season.  They were short handed and hungry for a win.  They need to play like this all the time. 

Don't look now but the corpse of Kemba Walker has 44 points and has played over 40 minutes.

Haha, them 40 minutes may wipe him out for the Christmas game especially with rose out.  Typical Thibs.  Coaching like every game is game 7.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, marco102 said:

I'd like to add.  This team tonight played with that hunger and effort that has been missing all season.  They were short handed and hungry for a win.  They need to play like this all the time. 

Don't look now but the corpse of Kemba Walker has 44 points and has played over 40 minutes.

I'd like to think they didn't want Philly to win.   I agree, they should play that way every night.   I think on Christmas.. depending on who suits up, we will not lay down.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, Bonkers said:

U can't put Cam with 2 black holes like Lou and Gallo. He can't flourish like that

Bench Kev and start Cam when everyone is healthy

Idk, I like Cam and OO together. Bench Lou and let Cam run the second unit.

5 minutes ago, Diesel said:

You would probably say the same thing about Dikembe too.   😑

The point is rebounding is a possession.   Possessions are more important in basketball than anything else.  Clint is more important to this team because he rebounds, plays defense, and is a good finisher in the pick and roll.   I have said and will say again, there will be a time when OO takes over for Clint and Clint comes off the bench, but that time is not now.

Yeah I know it wont happen now...

Skylar Mays said he doesnt want to see the Gleague again... lol..

7 minutes ago, aali34 said:

Idk, I like Cam and OO together. Bench Lou and let Cam run the second unit.

Lou shouldnt see the floor. Ever...Unless its a blowout...

Edited by terrell
  • Like 3