• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Half-Baked-Hawks at Several-Sixers

lethalweapon3

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, terrell said:

Yeah I know it wont happen now...

I don't think OO is ready now either.   He looked good against Embiid but remember, he looked good against Embiid in the playoffs.   Embiid plays a style that is great for OO... Big Lumbering.. likes to shoot fade aways.  OO can kill that in the paint.   But there are other guys who will give OO problems and OO needs to play against these guys some before we throw him to the wolves.   I was impressed by OO in the playoffs and impressed tonight and realize that when we have our full rotation, we will be harder to beat than getting peanut butter out of rabbit fur.   But let's not rush OO to the start yet.  Play him when the matchups allow.  Give him more minutes on a matchup basis.  As Clint declines, OO will take over. 

14 minutes ago, gHost83 said:

Who knew Big O can throw a lob from the 3 point line. He was so impressive. He easily defends the pick and roll and is an amazing weakside shot blocker. Without a deep post, Embiid couldn't do anything with him. Not sure there is a big in the league that can move laterally like he can. Looks really confident and is comfortable in the offense, pointing where players should be. He is a gem and is just scratching the surface of his potential.

I would argue that he's reaching Bam Adebayo's level on defense, minus the fouling. Let's see him keep this up!

Edited by ATLHawks3
  • Like 1

• Premium Member

Here's the thing that should make a lot of us think...

The Hawks didn't practice before this game.   We basically had a whole new squad out there.. considering Bogi was on restriction and OO is just back...  And they played so well together in the 1st and 4th. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Skylar Mays...

I liked Skylar tonight.   I liked the way he ran the offense.  He was not like Trae but he was also not exactly by the book. He took opportunities and gambled some and caught people off guard.    He showed BB smarts because teams will prepare for our PNR game.  Skylar was astute enough to realize that and do somethings differently. 

He played like be plays at College Park. We need the rookies to realize, this is just like College Park 

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, kg01 said:

If hunter can't stay healthy, the question answers itself.

Cam can't really stay healthy either. That's why it's still a toss up between them. In 3 seasons including playoffs, 114 career games for Cam, 102 for Dre. Not enough difference to create space.

Let's hope Cam is able to play in 2 days.

• Premium Member
20 minutes ago, kg01 said:

No love for Bogd closing this one out?  @Peoriabird, your thoughts? 😎

This is what I was talking about last night with with John...Bogi hits 4 out of 17 shots and we are suppose to call him the closer but John scoring 28/11/ 2 blocks had no impact at all last night

2 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

This is what I was talking about last night with with John...Bogi hits 4 out of 17 shots and we are suppose to call him the closer but John scoring 28/11/ 2 blocks had no impact at all last night

When the Hawks needed a play, Bogd made it.  It's more than raw stats.

And who said Collins had no impact?  Don't change the discussion.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

He played like be plays at College Park. We need the rookies to realize, this is just like College Park 

Mays is a much more seasoned player though.. Hopefully Rife and JJ will get there..They barely played college games....

• Like 1

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, terrell said:

Mays is a much more seasoned player though.. Hopefully Rife and JJ will get there..They barely played college games....

This is the point I was making in the other thread when posters were calling him a garbage time player.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, Peoriabird said:

This is the point I was making in the other thread when posters were calling him a garbage time player.

I think what Mays lacks in Physical attributes, he makes up in smart play.  He's like Mark Jackson out there.   He does what is needed to get it done.  IF Rife can learn some of that, Rife will be dangerous. 

1 minute ago, Peoriabird said:

But we can agree that Bogi helped close out this game or can you not acknowledge that like the people who claim Mays is a garbage player?

• Like 1