• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Half-Baked-Hawks at Several-Sixers

lethalweapon3

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, aali34 said:

That is a fair opinion to have. Longterm I'd most likely agree with you.

You can still appreciate when he does well in situations while remaining critical.

I don't think this game was about him.  It was about the grit of the starters that won this game.  The were plenty of hero that I would put ahead of him in this game so i don't know why we are even talking about him.

3 minutes ago, marco102 said:

Nah I know what we have but his handle is shakey and Thybulle is the exact type of player I would dread cam dribbling against. I guess his handle has improved. 

Cam has good handle when he's moving. It's when he standstill where his handles are very loose. 

• Like 2

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

He didn't go 0-13 so yeah but people were dogging John last night for hitting 9 of 17 3 of 5 from 3 11 rebounds and 2 blocked shots.  Bogi hit 1 of 9 3's and we have to acknowledge the one 3 he hit and not the 9 misses.  I find that strange.

Context matters for the shots that were hit.

JC was dogged for not being the reliable go-to first option like he should have been. Most of his baskets came within the flow of the game as usual, but he didn't really assert his dominance one-on-one. Not to mention it was a losing effort.

Best believe if we lost, Bogi would be getting trashed for showing up too little too late(although this is his first game back from injury so maybe not).

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, marco102 said:

What about the two pointers he hit in the 4th? 

Also two wrongs don't make a right. So someone dogging John incorrectly gives you carte le blanche to constantly dog Bogi?

Didn't dog him...Didn't even bring him up post game...Y'all did

Just now, Peoriabird said:

Didn't dog him...Didn't even bring him up post game...Y'all did

You brought him up all game thread and the fact you refuse to say anything good about him is utterly baffling.

You claim you don't like him starting. That has nothing to do with Bogi that is the coaches decision so you should be directing your outrage at Nate 

• Like 1

• Premium Member

I don't think this game was about him.  It was about the grit off the starters that won this game.  The were plenty of hero that I would put ahead of him in this game so i don't know why we are even talking about him.

I agree, it was an overall team effort, but without his contribution in the fourth we would have lost. That's it.

People are just having fun because it seems like you would drink molten lava before complimenting Bogi.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, aali34 said:

Best believe if we lost, Bogi would be getting trashed for showing up too little too late(although this is his first game back from injury so maybe not).

This was my point in the other thread @AHF .  People change their analysis of what actually happened based the emotions of wins and losses while I don't

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, hawkman said:

His handle always looks better in games where he's involved in the offense. He's been splitting defenders out there the past two games. He's a rhythm player. Get him involved in the offense and his whole game comes alive. He's a go-to scorer relegated to a spot up shooter. Hopefully, that changes.

He's finding his niche in the offense. Similar to how Kev developed his little middy/push shot.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
Just now, Peoriabird said:

This was my point in the other thread @AHF .  People change their analysis of what actually happened based the emotions of wins and losses while I don't

I don't think the analysis has changed, just how people react to this single game. Delon played decent tonight, ain't nobody giving him a second chance.

1 minute ago, Peoriabird said:

Your refusal to acknowledge reality is not analysis.

Bogi played better in the 4th and contributed to the win in the 4th quarter. Prove me wrong.

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, marco102 said:

You brought him up all game thread and the fact you refuse to say anything good about him is utterly baffling.

You claim you don't like him starting. That has nothing to do with Bogi that is the coaches decision so you should be directing your outrage at Nate 

Are y'all related? Even Northcyde had to stop defending the guy because he was playing so poorly

• Premium Member

In the 2nd qtr, I thought we played like ass and was going to lose this game.   The turnovers... Delon with the turnovers but we fought through and fought and fought.  In the 4th, we played like the game mattered and we won. 

Are y'all related? Even Northcyde had to stop defending the guy because he was playing so poorly

Nope. @TheNorthCydeRises also acknowledged him making some big shots in the 4th.

Did Bogi do that?

You know the quicker you say yes the quicker this ends and you can go back to bashing Bogi stress free.