• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Half-Baked-Hawks at Several-Sixers

lethalweapon3

PG:  Missing Trae.  Wright had his best game as a Hawk.  Injured.  Mays comes in to finish the game and looked like he should be our #2 PG for the remainder of the season.

0017.  Onyeka started at center and looked like he belonged.  We thought he would foul out.  Suprise!  He didn't even come close.  Dieng was his back up and played well.

Cam Reddish remained hot and provided solid offense.  Collins did Collins stuff all night.

Bogi started out ice cold but became red hot late in the 4th quarter when it really mattered.

Them uniforms finally won!  Had to do it on the road but they won!

NY PG Rose just had surgery and will miss at least 8 weeks.  Going to MSG for Christmas and hoping to come out of there with another road win!

GO ATL HAWKS!

:hi:

• Like 3

10 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Well, Well, Well....I missed the game and wasn't able to boxscore watch....and the Hawks win THIS game....:er:.

Woooohoooooo!!! A Christmas Miracle indeed!

Philly got Orlando'ed by the Hawks! 

Everything this board was saying after our L to the Magic is now being said on 6er boards. 

You love to see it.

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Peoriabird said:

Some poster claim that he isn't an NBA level talent.

I dont know if I said that, but I don't think it's far off.  If we're being honest, the only reason he's playing is because of covid.

There are players worse than him that are in nba rotations though so there's that.

I'd play him over Lou but I'd probably play you over Lou.

• Haha 2

19 minutes ago, bird_dirt said:

Philly got Orlando'ed by the Hawks! 

Everything this board was saying after our L to the Magic is now being said on 6er boards. 

You love to see it.

So we're making this a thing?  I love it.

So next time I see a dude get son'd by some little dude I'm supposed to scream, "Ohhhh, you jus' got Orlando'ed, sun!"

I like, I like.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Shout out to Bawb, btw.  Get well or stay well, king.

:Bob: "Much respect, kg.  From one king to another.  And hey, I was more than 6 feet from the main stage.  I didn't realize those droplets were tha covid."

TMI, Bawb. TMI.

Edited by kg01
  • Haha 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, kg01 said:

I dont know if I said that, but I don't think it's far off.  If we're being honest, the only reason he's playing is because of covid.

Anyone getting a double double in a game against a playoff team is an NBA talent.  Plus if you look at his over all body of work, his advance metrics tell you that he is an NBA level talent.  His metrics are better than some of our starters including your beloved Bogdanovic

• Haha 2

55 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Shout out to Bawb, btw.  Get well or stay well, king.

:Bob: "Much respect, kg.  From one king to another.  And hey, I was more than 6 feet from the main stage.  I didn't realize those droplets were tha covid."

TMI, Bawb. TMI.

Lauren seemed nervous calling her first game last night. I missed Rath’s play by play as he really is a pro.

Lauren is so damn cute though! :dance:

After the jump ball she yells: 

AND WE’RE OFF BABY… 

then silence for 30 seconds..

Me: :eyebrow: (You and BO still there or…)

I love her laugh too. Those lil t hee hee’s like a cute girl laugh none of those high course HA’S! HA HA HA HA. 

@kg01 you still runnin Peo out there against the Knicks on Xmas? 🤭 Can I get some burn? :mellow:

• Haha 2

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Right now, Cam is almost prime Smith.

And before everybody goes off the deep end with a NOOOOO ...people need to remember that JR was consistently a 12 - 18 ppg scorer most of his career, and functioned well either as a potent 6th man type scorer, or as a 2nd / 3rd option scorer as a starter

JR had all of the talent in the world as an offensive player. He just couldn't put it all together from a consistency and mental standpoint.

It's confusing because you're on a Hawks board talking about JR Smith.   We immediately think Josh.   If you were talking about Josh... Josh even with his mental issues, he filled every stat box.  Josh Smith could have been a great player...not saying that he wasn't.. I just think that his mental issues left a bad taste in every Hawks fan mouth.  But he had much more impact than Cam has or has had. 

• Confused 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Spud2nique said:

Lauren seemed nervous calling her first game last night. I missed Rath’s play by play as he really is a pro.

Lauren is so damn cute though! :dance:

After the jump ball she yells: 

AND WE’RE OFF BABY… 

then silence for 30 seconds..

Me: :eyebrow: (You and BO still there or…)

I love her laugh too. Those lil t hee hee’s like a cute girl laugh none of those high course HA’S! HA HA HA HA. 

@kg01 you still runnin Peo out there against the Knicks on Xmas? 🤭 Can I get some burn? :mellow:

Play by Play is hard.  This was her first time.  Give a girl some slack.. she did well. 

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Speaking of Doing well on the play by Play.

Travis!!!!

I didn't know that dude understood BB the way that he does.  It's cool to hear a GM calling a pindown and pnrs  and getting pissed off when we foul.  Travis impressed me with his knowledge of the game.  I thought he was just an Executive type who knew stats and money.. but this guy knows how the game is played too...

Remember he was a coach first.  I imagine they have to know the game to be good at that job.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Speaking of Doing well on the play by Play.

Travis!!!!

Just saw this, ya he was really good. 

9 minutes ago, Diesel said:

I thought he was just an Executive type who knew stats and money..

No he’s a lifer he knows every aspect schooled Uber Don Nelson.

• Like 2