• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Knicks, we hope, on Christmas Day!

lethalweapon3

3 minutes ago, lethalweapon3 said:

FS1_subway_shots_04.jpg

“Knicks fans, please stand clear: the doors are closing yet another basketball season. BING BONG!”

Don’t blame You Know What. But on this otherwise bright, wonderful, warm Atlanta morning, I’ve got Brain Fog! There is no lucidity or coherence to be found in today’s Christmas Day gamethread stocking, as remnants of both the New York Knicks and our Hawks tip off ((knocks on wood; 12 noon, ESPN, 92.9 FM in ATL)) at Madison Square Garden. But there will be brevity.

No Ice Trae taking a bow, or doing the shoulder shimmy, or hushing fans up, or the “Brrrr!” thing? Bah! Humbug! No Gallo, and no Reddy V? No Clint, and no Yeka at the Mecca? What lump of coal is this? I hope I haven’t lost my sense of taste to watch this game.

Speaking of taste, what’s Zion eating as he’s watching R.J. Barrett take on fellow Dookie diaper dandy Cam Reddish on this holiday? My guess is figgy pudding.

If you thought we fans of the Hawks (15-16; six straight road wins) were going through the ringer lately, imagine trying to be a fan of the patience-trying Knicks (14-18; 6-11 at home, 9-15 in-conference). New York shared Atlanta’s 41-31 record at the close of the 2020-21 regular season but kicks off today’s slate of Christmas Day games 1.5 games behind the Hawks that dispatched them, in 2021’s opening playoff round, and on the outside of the Eastern Conference Play-In picture, looking in.

Beginning today, the Knicks embark on a stretch of 14 games versus teams presently bearing sub-.500 records. Washington would have joined this group of opponents on Thursday. Alas, Kemba Walker could only score 44 points when 52 were needed. Struggling center Mitchell Robinson was dusted off on Tuesday, and helped the Knicks outlast Detroit and win their first home game in the last seven tries. But this is the last chance for New York to impress the home faithless before a four-game road swing carries them into the New Year.

They’ve needed someone to step up in recent games, from bench guards Deuce McBride (out, Health ‘n Safety) and Immanuel Quickley to help pull away from the Rockets, to Evan Fournier in a losing effort versus his prior team, the Celtics, last Saturday. Lately, there were starters that Knicks coach Tom Thibodeau benched due to lethargic play, namely Robinson and Walker, who regained their footing this week when used out of necessity.

Unlike the playoffs, Thibs cannot turn today to Derrick Rose (out 6-8 weeks, ankle surgery) to run ‘n shoot for 38 minutes like it’s 2011 all over again. They could really use, perhaps, one of the finalists for this season’s Least Improved Player award. Julius Randle (0-for-5 on threes vs. WAS) could go off for 20-20 or even 30-30 today. But the Knicks need less of the 30 (points), 30 (FG%) performances of high-usage, low-efficiency from their franchise-face forward.

I don’t want to mention the names of any active Hawks today, lest I jinx them into entering protocols. I’ll only go so far as to hope somebody doesn’t become known as 0-fo-twenty-fogdanovic, and starts out strong on both ends to make this contest entertaining at the outset.

Whether Spike Lee can bear to watch, or not, when it comes to a momentum-building victory for our Hawks, we’ve gotta have it. Sorry, it's the Brain Fog hitting again. Or, whatever's in this here Egg Nog.

Have a Merry Christmas and a Holly-Jolly Season. Let’s Go Hawks!

~lw3

Awesome lw3, I don’t know many of the players most likely on either side but hopefully a fun one.

All I want for Xmas 🎅 is health for everyone! Stay safe folks!

Go Hawks!

• Like 3

Merry Christmas everyone!

1 minute ago, RedDawg#8 said:

Cam has been getting Son'd by RJ ever since they were teammates at Duke. 

Hopefully today he can get his and show why he is (allegedly) the better NBA prospect between the 2

Cam has been better this year and I don't think RJ is playing. I could be wrong though. 

Edited by marco102

4 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

I thought we had no chance, but with Cam and Clint playing we got a shot. Delon needs to finally have a good game. 

Delon needs to be aggressive more than anything. He's been way too hesitant this year compared to years past. 

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, marco102 said:

Hopefully Clint can give us some defense. Not sure what he can bring offensively without Trae...Why couldnt it be OO? I'll take it though.. lol

20 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

He cleared, the question is, is he in shape. 

Doubt it...Thibs probably had him running suicides in protocol though.. lol

Edited by terrell