• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

My guy has talked around NBA circles of late

NBASupes

Rumors are exactly that - - Rumors.  I suppose that almost every GM in the NBA talks trades with all the other GMS around this time of the season.  Just because a trade doesn't work out doesn't mean it wasn't discussed.

That's part of their job.  Try to improve their team.  If a team has surplus at one position and another team has need at that same position, talks are sure to happen.  We all know that all trades discussed are just that - talks between two or three teams.

An old adage:  Where there is smoke, there is fire.  Where there are enough rumors, someone will make a deal.  Count on it.  It probably will not be exactly like the rumor you heard three weeks ago.  Final details are usually worked out only a few hours before a trade is announced.

Right now we see a lot of smoke!

:MooseGoggles:

• Like 4

This is my first time ever making an account lol. I've been following what Supes has been saying for a little over a year now to see if anything ever was accurate or not. And I would even tweet out sometimes what this guy "NBA Supes" was saying. But thank you for the welcome. Not here to stir stuff up just here to comment.

Now more of you are aware the hawks will not be trading for Brogdon THIS SEASON because they can't.

Just now, Mikey said:

This is my first time ever making an account lol. I've been following what Supes has been saying for a little over a year now to see if anything ever was accurate or not. And I would even tweet out sometimes what this guy "NBA Supes" was saying. But thank you for the welcome. Not here to stir stuff up just here to comment.

Now more of you are aware the hawks will not be trading for Brogdon THIS SEASON because they can't.

Well thank you Mikey. I appreciate that. Last year didn't have many trades or signings like the previous years. It was more smoke than fire. This trade deadline could be more of the same. That's why its key, have to be willing to blow it up.

• Like 2

Just now, NBASupes said:

Well thank you Mikey. I appreciate that. Last year didn't have many trades or signings like the previous years. It was more smoke than fire. This trade deadline could be more of the same. That's why its key, have to be willing to blow it up.

Hope thats the case. Hawks have been underwhelming this year and I absolutely marvel at a Trae and Kat pairing. We have no second player that can create his own shot or create for others and Kat would help us immensely in that area. 

Just now, Peoriabird said:

Is Kat that great? 1 playoff appearance doesn't make me that trigger happy.

Yes/No. 

Is he a superstar? No.

He's more like a tier above Joe Johnson but a tier below Trae Young. He's a legit star. Not just your run of the mill All Star like iso. But he's not a game breaker. That said, KAT adds a lot of value we currently lack. As someone said, we would love him with JC but JC value is the only one high enough to get us KAT. Hunter potential is intriguing but for a KAT, you need to trade a big dog like JC.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I should also note this. If the hawks are waiting for someone to blow it is more likely going to be the pelicans versus the twolves imo. Look at the t wolves upcoming schedule, very good chance they are above .500 by middle/end of this month. The pelicans are in for a lost season

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

Yes/No. 

Is he a superstar? No.

He's more like a tier above Joe Johnson but a tier below Trae Young. He's a legit star. Not just your run of the mill All Star like iso. But he's not a game breaker. That said, KAT adds a lot of value we currently lack. As someone said, we would love him with JC but JC value is the only one high enough to get us KAT. Hunter potential is intriguing but for a KAT, you need to trade a big dog like JC.

I don't know about trading John and someone else.  Kat doesn't even play like a big man on defense does he?

Just now, Mikey said:

I should also note this. If the hawks are waiting for someone to blow it is more likely going to be the pelicans versus the twolves imo. Look at the t wolves upcoming schedule, very good chance they are above .500 by middle/end of this month. The pelicans are in for a lost season

The Wolves been going back and fore with the idea of building around Edwards and adding vets who fit to get a great balance for years, it's just that KAT was also in that area with Ant but they seem to be indifferent of late. 

The Pels, no one knows. They just listening to offers and being receptive if they like it but no one knows what they are doing. Some think Griffin will be fired but I heard he's in good standing with the organization. I personally think making Zion happy will be their future goals but no one knows. 

The info that is shared usually provides great context more than anything. Obviously all of the proposed trades won't come true because they may overlap in regards to assets, plus executing one may remove the need to pull the trigger on another. 

For me, it's providing insight as to who we value internally and who we like externally, which paints picture of what the FO think's are our strength's and weaknesses are on the team. There is good info as to long term and short term direction of the team. And when you look it through that lens you find that most of the information is very accurate.

A prime example is Cam. Supe's and Camp's sources always affirm that we value him way more than what the mainstream sources are putting out. So when his name is all over the news cycle I never even blink because I know it's BS. Knowing that he, Dre, and other are now available I would be less surprised at a trade now than I would have in the past.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Sothron said:

I'll say this. If we get KAT I'm going to probably cry from joy. Trae and KAT together? Damn. Just...damn.

17 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

It would be nice and but I will likely cry at the cost if it happens.

I'd cry for both reasons. 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Peoriabird said:

I don't know about trading John and someone else.  Kat doesn't even play like a big man on defense does he?

He's more of a 4 than a 5 defensively. He's a lot better at point of attack, showing, blitzing, shuffling his feet in rotation, waving his arms and then recovering back to his original assignment than he is at regular center stuff like what Clint does. He isn't good as a drop center. He's terrible at it. Offensively, he's a 5. Unquestionably. 

JC is better defender. Both at the 4 and the 5. KAT runs circles around him offensively. 

• Like 4

• Premium Member
7 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I personally think making Zion happy will be their future goals but no one knows. 

Speaking of Zion

"Zion Williamson will dial back the rehab of his surgically repaired foot to only partial weight bearing activities. Williamson is continuing his rehabilitation in Portland instead of New Orleans, but remains under supervision of the team.

Williamson has not played this season after suffering a fracture in his right foot that required surgery over the summer.

“Since we notified everyone on December 16 of his latest imaging, it was decided then by our medical team to dial his rehab back to only partial weight bearing activities. He continues along that path,” stated Executive Vice President of Basketball Operations David Griffin. “We also agreed that in order to put Zion in the best position to succeed, he will rehab away from the team at this time so he can focus on the task at hand.”

• Thanks 1

Losing JC would be tough, but KAT is a difference maker who can carry the load when Trae sits.

I love JC, but the opportunities he has had to step up in Trae's absence have been very underwhelming. 

I would want to keep JC and lose Clint if we got KAT, but I'm interested regardless. He always gives us the business so Im well aware of the kind of beast he is.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Sothron said:

I'll say this. If we get KAT I'm going to probably cry from joy. Trae and KAT together? Damn. Just...damn.

Anything else you are hearing about this KAT deal? Sounds unreal, and it is what Trae needs.

Edited by GameTime