• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

My guy has talked around NBA circles of late

NBASupes

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, ATLHawks3 said:

This is for people who think Bogi + Gallo is gonna get a deal done for Ben. THEY WANT A STAR. 

Yeah.. I don't think they like that contract Fox has.  Trading for him is a bbiiiggggg commitment and that might not be easy to move in the future.

1 minute ago, kg01 said:

Again, what "star" is available?  I'll wait.  And, no, Fox is not a star.

That's exactly my point. If Philly isn't going to take back Fox, what makes us believe we can get Simmons for something less than that? We need to move on to another target. It's not worth the asking price from Philly.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, ATLHawks3 said:

That's exactly my point. If Philly isn't going to take back Fox, what makes us believe we can get Simmons for something less than that? We need to move on to another target. It's not worth the asking price from Philly.

I think the only other viable target is Grant (DET) but I'm not giving up much value to get that dude.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

All these reports on what the Sixers don't want, I'd love to see a couple reporting players they ARE interested in.  Anyone besides Lillard/Harden?

Lillard just had most likely season ending surgery.  Harden said he want to be back with the Nets.  Fox would be a great get for them. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

So Steve Koonin was on 92.9 the game and basically said "we aren't done making moves." 

What this team needs isn't some savior. If you look at talent, experience, fit, and contracts; this roster is loaded and balanced. What we are lacking is between the ears, and in the locker room.

We are about to shake things up just for the sake of guys not working hard for one another, while not getting much better talent-wise in the process. Mid season deals between teams that are looking to improve that same season are usually grass is always greener type deals. It's a swap of my bullsht for your bullsht. Whatever we bring in is not going to move the needle too much when you consider what we are going to have to ship out to get it.

Hope I'm wrong, but I'm prepared to be disappointed.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, marco102 said:

Is he though? He's probably the best available option for them regarding a young point guard. 

Fox shoots 31% from 3 on his career. 24% this year. His defense is not good. And his raw offensive #s are propped up by being on the team he is on. He is inefficient imo. 

• Like 3

• Premium Member
29 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

So Steve Koonin was on 92.9 the game and basically said "we aren't done making moves." 

I don't think this team needs to make major moves to get on track. I think a couple of minor moves like our Rondo for Lou type of deal last year would work wonders. There's clearly some off the court stuff going on, players not playing with effort etc. Maybe purging a few of the bad apples (whoever they are) is enough to spark the team. This is the same roster that was playing awesome on both ends last year. 

• Like 2

• Premium Member
24 minutes ago, marco102 said:

Is he though? He's probably the best available option for them regarding a young point guard. 

If I have a PG scoring a shade under Fox, Shooting much better than Fox in FG and 3pt%... and he's on a rookie deal.. why would I ever think about trading for Fox?

It's not that they want a bigger star than Fox... it's that they want a better fit than Fox.  It would be sad for them to trade for Fox and not get better.... and maybe be worse. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
13 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

What this team needs isn't some savior. If you look at talent, experience, fit, and contracts; this roster is loaded and balanced. What we are lacking is between the ears, and in the locker room.

We are about to shake things up just for the sake of guys not working hard for one another, while not getting much better talent-wise in the process. Mid season deals between teams that are looking to improve that same season are usually grass is always greener type deals. It's a swap of my bullsht for your bullsht. Whatever we bring in is not going to move the needle too much when you consider what we are going to have to ship out to get it.

Hope I'm wrong, but I'm prepared to be disappointed.

I disagree dog. 

We lack defense.  None of our core players save Capela and Hunter were thought of as defensive players.  In fact, Trae, JC, and Bogi were all thought of as Liabilities on defense.  That's 1 thing.

The other is our outside shooting has been suffering and sadly we've gone gun happy from outside. 

Give me Trae on a Catch and shoot three... and give me JC on a three pointer... but We haven't been able to count on Bogi and Kev for high 30s from three.   Gallo helps some but he hasn't gotten all the way in his groove yet.