• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

My guy has talked around NBA circles of late

NBASupes

1 hour ago, Spud2nique said:

You really need to stop stalking me bro. I was in on Vandy, and then the MLK day streak. Nah, you hate us. And, you are Supes. :dance:

Stalking you?

confusion-confused-look.gif.63af4e763f9ac3f806f1b349c683a395.gif

Edited by terrell
  • Confused 1

What about this trade.

Hawks get : Lu Dort + Derrick Favors

OKC gets : Know + Dieng + TLC + 2022 Hawks pick via Hornets 🐝 (top 19 protected; top 17 in 2023)

Hawks get : DEFENSE and vet leadership AND @kg01 GT guy Favors! Plus Dort plays defense like he gives a $hit about getting scored on.

Favors has this year and a player opt of 10 mill for next year and Dort has a team opt of 2 million for 2022-23. Great contracts and OKC gets our Hornets pick from the Cam deal.
http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=yb2xxdxc

Trae can run with Dort in the backcourt. Hell I’d start Dort along with Trae back there.

PG Trae/ Wright

SG Dort/Bogi

SF Hunter/Huerter

PF Collins/Okongwu 

C Capela/ Favors

Hollinger or whoever runs this hates it for both sides -10 wins for Hawks -2 for OKC 😂 

Squawk thoughts… ?

E35EAA6C-4388-4FFE-9A89-A48C168F9BB2.jpeg

Edited by Spud2nique
  • Like 2

Sorry I may have missed this if someone posted but the hoopshype guys were talking 2 big trades involving Hawks. One would basically be JC/Gallo for Simmons. 

Then flip Bogi/Gallo? (Thought he was in the JC package before) for Myles.

PG- Trae

SG- Huerter

SF-Hunter

PF- Simmons

C- Myles Turner

Hmm 🤔..

Scotto: Danilo Gallinari is available for a first-round pick on the trade market or could be packaged in a bigger trade, according to rival executives. It’ll be interesting to see if Gallinari is packaged with John Collins as part of a potential Ben Simmons trade package. There’s also a sense from rival executives Cam Reddish is more than likely going to be traded before the deadline. In my opinion, one interesting trade scenario would be if Reddish goes to Detroit as part of a package for Jerami Grant

Gozlan: A consolidation trade has been the hot topic for the Hawks recently, but if I’m the Hawks, I’d be careful who I trade for since they’re set to have a very expensive team going forward. I’m not a fan of Grant to Atlanta for the same reasons Chicago would have as far as the expenses for him long term. With Trae Young, Collins, Clint CapelaBogdan Bogdanovic, and Kevin Huerter all getting paid, and De’Andre Hunter being up next, adding Grant on top of that with his extension looming for most likely a bench role doesn’t make sense to me. 

Atlanta’s potential interest for Simmons is a little more interesting. I’m also not a fan of trading Collins for Simmons, mainly because I wouldn’t want to pair Simmons with Capela. Now, if they can flip Bogdanovic or Gallinari and picks in a deal that gets them Myles Turner back, a defensive-minded big who can shoot and stretch the floor, then I’d be more interested in getting Simmons. A Simmons-Turner frontcourt, in addition to the return of Hunter, could help turn their terrible defense around.

• Thanks 2

Cam for Grant would have been amazing. Seems like a pipe dream now.

Looks like Schlenk was treating Cam as a big contract with hopes of shedding his future dollar amount by bringing  back a guy we have no plans to pay. Grabbing Grant would have been more expensive AND redundant since all of our money would be tied up at the Forward position and Dre's payday is also on the horizon.

However, I'd much have preferred trying to figure out Grant's fit on this roster than Simmons. He is just as versatile defensively while being able to space the floor offensively

• Premium Member

All around the league teams are asking for 1st round picks.

The Pacers are seeking two first-round picks or a promising young player and a first-round pick in exchange for Myles Turner, the NBA’s top shot blocker, league sources told HoopsHype.– via Michael Scotto @ HoopsHype

Indiana’s asking price for Caris LeVert is a first-round pick and a good young player, league sources told HoopsHype.

• Like 4

• Premium Member
4 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

Sorry I may have missed this if someone posted but the hoopshype guys were talking 2 big trades involving Hawks. One would basically be JC/Gallo for Simmons. 

Then flip Bogi/Gallo? (Thought he was in the JC package before) for Myles.

PG- Trae

SG- Huerter

SF-Hunter

PF- Simmons

C- Myles Turner

Hmm 🤔..

Scotto: Danilo Gallinari is available for a first-round pick on the trade market or could be packaged in a bigger trade, according to rival executives. It’ll be interesting to see if Gallinari is packaged with John Collins as part of a potential Ben Simmons trade package. There’s also a sense from rival executives Cam Reddish is more than likely going to be traded before the deadline. In my opinion, one interesting trade scenario would be if Reddish goes to Detroit as part of a package for Jerami Grant

Gozlan: A consolidation trade has been the hot topic for the Hawks recently, but if I’m the Hawks, I’d be careful who I trade for since they’re set to have a very expensive team going forward. I’m not a fan of Grant to Atlanta for the same reasons Chicago would have as far as the expenses for him long term. With Trae Young, Collins, Clint CapelaBogdan Bogdanovic, and Kevin Huerter all getting paid, and De’Andre Hunter being up next, adding Grant on top of that with his extension looming for most likely a bench role doesn’t make sense to me. 

Atlanta’s potential interest for Simmons is a little more interesting. I’m also not a fan of trading Collins for Simmons, mainly because I wouldn’t want to pair Simmons with Capela. Now, if they can flip Bogdanovic or Gallinari and picks in a deal that gets them Myles Turner back, a defensive-minded big who can shoot and stretch the floor, then I’d be more interested in getting Simmons. A Simmons-Turner frontcourt, in addition to the return of Hunter, could help turn their terrible defense around.

This feels like a misuse of the personnel -- we wouldn't want to stick Simmons on PFs or Hunter, really.  Plus now you have Capela off the bench?  Where does OO fit?  This one feels whack

• Thanks 1

• Moderators
8 hours ago, terrell said:

Stalking you?

confusion-confused-look.gif.63af4e763f9ac3f806f1b349c683a395.gif

@terrell / @Spud2nique

Correct me if I'm wrong here, but I'm pretty sure Spud was making a joke about being stalked, etc. and really making two points:  (a) these are some ideas he has been throwing around and (b) he sees you arguing to compete in one area and that competing is doomed to failure elsewhere.  Big point was that the stalking and similar language was not meant to be taken seriously.

Spud just wanted some cover when he patted himself on the back for nailing, Vanderbilt.  :biggrin:  (Good call, btw)

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

34 minutes ago, AHF said:

(b) he sees you arguing to compete in one area and that competing is doomed to failure elsewhere.

Ya I guess I just feel it’s like a rollercoaster 🎢 ride with Terrell. @AHF I’ve been taking yoga for that very reason, the pat on the back requires flexibility, Kev Willis got his mat right next to me all he’s trying to do is pay for dinner. #thereacharound

• Haha 2

58 minutes ago, AHF said:

@terrell / @Spud2nique

Correct me if I'm wrong here, but I'm pretty sure Spud was making a joke about being stalked, etc. and really making two points:  (a) these are some ideas he has been throwing around and (b) he sees you arguing to compete in one area and that competing is doomed to failure elsewhere.  Big point was that the stalking and similar language was not meant to be taken seriously.

Spud just wanted some cover when he patted himself on the back for nailing, Vanderbilt.  :biggrin:  (Good call, btw)

AHF, what the heck, on squawk and learn that you beat me too! That’s not cool. :ermm:

3A709A4A-7A3C-4598-8070-9452CD5FCE5E.jpeg

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, JeffS17 said:

This feels like a misuse of the personnel -- we wouldn't want to stick Simmons on PFs or Hunter, really.  Plus now you have Capela off the bench?  Where does OO fit?  This one feels whack

Simmons can guard 1-4 and if teams play small ball I’m ok with Simmons or Hunter guarding small ball 4s

1 hour ago, AHF said:

@terrell / @Spud2nique

I never said I wanted Vanderbilt though.. I said we could use players like that.. smh.

Good for Spud I guess..  I was joking too btw.... lol

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Spud2nique said:

Ya I guess I just feel it’s like a rollercoaster 🎢 ride with Terrell. @AHF I’ve been taking yoga for that very reason, the pat on the back requires flexibility, Kev Willis got his mat right next to me all he’s trying to do is pay for dinner. #thereacharound

Roller coaster? The team isnt good.. That doesnt mean I dont want them to win.. Its why I said a streak would be nice.. Even though I cant see it happening......I mean you got regulars saying they "hate this team".. Go hunt them down...lol...Hell, at least I said we should keep Trae/Hunter/OO.. lol

Edited by terrell
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators
25 minutes ago, JTB said:

image.thumb.jpeg.d0934fd0ff0c11deb0179d917f867300.jpeg

any new updates regarding this ? 

I get that Harris is overpaid but he leads Philly in minutes and is the second leading scorer.  He's a very productive player.   If you think of simmons as their #2 then Harris is #3.  They are going to  replace both with one trade?   

16 minutes ago, terrell said:

Roller coaster? The team isnt good.. That doesnt mean I dont want them to win.. Its why I said a streak would be nice.. Even though I cant see it happening......I mean you got regulars saying they "hate this team".. Go hunt them down...lol...Hell, at least I said we should keep Trae/Hunter/OO.. lol

Yes I get moody, you’re right there are those that straight bash.. just a tough season I guess.. speaking of which the Lakers are going through EXACTLY what we are going through.

"We just got to play hard," Westbrook said. "Sometimes, the schemes and how you play doesn't really matter. You got to just play hard sometimes. Teams are playing harder than us, simple as that."

• Sad 1