• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

My guy has talked around NBA circles of late

NBASupes

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, sturt said:

I hear that (... or, actually see it).

But for as long as there are two Bogis in the Association, there's a definite need to have two different nicknames.

And you know, I never comment on the topic of nicknames...

R.f4faf8f8f57cc26e9cd44d2935e72a31?rik=9

...but I just feel compelled in this case.

say BogBog out loud....

giphy.gif

• Haha 2

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Westbrook is the key to a Ben Simmons deal.  This trade might give the Lakers another championship, but it would give all parties what they want, without giving up significant assets and draft picks.

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y9rfwaho

The only team that wants Westbrook apparently is Houston

"I have been advised that I should amend my previous characterization of the Lakers' finding a Westbrook trade from outright impossible to extremely unlikely. There is at least one team out there that would take him, league sources say, if the conditions are right. That team, surprisingly, is the Houston Rockets.

I, like many around the league, was previously under the impression that the Rockets would have less than zero interest in a Westbrook reunion after Houston traded Westbrook to Washington for John Wall in December 2020 shortly before the start of last season.

I've since learned that the Rockets - while indeed holding no interest in having Westbrook play for them again - actually would be amenable to another Westbrook-for-Wall swap if the Lakers incentivized the trade with sufficient draft compensation.

Sources say that the Lakers could convince Houston to take Westbrook back for Wall if they attached their 2027 first round draft pick to the deal. The Lakers could naturally try to offer multiple second round picks instead, but L.A's 2027 first- rounder is the piece rival teams naturally covet.

Reason being: That 2027 first is clearly the most valuable trade asset that the Lakers currently possess. 

• Premium Member

This is what LAL is rumored to be offering for Jerami Grant:

The Lakers have tried, with no luck yet, to package that pick (2027 1st) with Talen Horton-Tucker and Kendrick Nunn in an attempt to acquire Jerami Grant from Detroit."

• Premium Member
8 minutes ago, warcore said:

Bogi and Bogi are pronounced differently. 

Ours is "bow-gee"

There's is "bah-gee"

On a side note, I had a server from Serbia during a trip to AK this past summer. I asked if he knew Bogi and he did, but he also knew the Joker. He was actually childhood friends with Joker and said Joker was the best at everything all his life. Even horseback riding. 

Can't imagine being the horse with Joker on it. 

Nice...Joker on a horse you say? :laugh1:

Screenshot_20220121-180847_Samsung Internet.jpg

• Haha 3

• Premium Member

Daryl Morey hoping to trade Ben Simmons for James Harden?

Marc Stein on Ben Simmons: When I talk to executives with other teams, it just comes up so much so often, that these rival executives think that Daryl’s real goal here is to wait till the offseason and try to do a sign and trade for James Harden. Now, that would be super complicated, because it would hard cap the Sixers and they would definitely have to shed much more salary. Much more salary than just Ben here. So the mathematics of a Harden sign and trade, even if Harden is like ‘I want to go to Philly’, even if that happened, that would be difficult.
  • Thanks 1

If we continue to play well I would still want to see a good trade just not a drastic one since we have to think about chemistry. With Hunter playing so well lately he has really stepped in and solved a few really big problems but it only stays fixed if he keeps doing what he’s been doing. With that said I really like the idea of playing Trae with a BIG lineup.

I wonder if we threw Bogi + a 1st rd pick at DET for Grant would they go for it.

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y9dpw2vm

I’m ok with playing Hunter at the 2. In all honesty in this era the 2 and 3 are interchangeable in my opinion. For example if we are playing the wizards and Beal is just going in on us, who do you think McMillan is going to try throwing on him to try to slow him down???….exactly….hunter is our best perimeter defender that should guard a teams top perimeter player during important parts of the game if not all game.

If we Add in grant (who can’t shoot it like Bogi)…but has good overall game and way better defensive game I think we’d be a really good 2 way team.

Trae

Hunter

Grant

Collins

Capela or OO

IMAGINE this is your defensive lineup for the end of games .

Wright

Hunter

Grant

OO

Capela

Man!…and if teams go small OO at center insert Collins at the 4….

1 hour ago, GameTime said:

I think Schlenk is going to let it come down to the wire just like Morey wants it to.

we will see where this team really is by then. As of now the needs have been slightly adjusted since Hunter has been back. Schlenk could make a good massive trade if things go south or he could make a good mid to minor trade if things continue to go well.

im still for a Simmons trade personally but I’m a bit more reluctant cause I wouldn’t  want to mess with team chemistry. So Grant is my backup target if I were in schlenk shoes.

• Premium Member

Fyi... Weiss is effectively to the Cs what Chris Kirschner is to us.

Someone got him to do a YouTube video, and he made his guesses about several East teams.

What he believes Hawks HQ must be thinking is about as compelling to me as what Kirschner believes Celtics HQ must be thinking... more interesting than it is informed.

• Thanks 2

19 minutes ago, sturt said:

Fyi... Weiss is effectively to the Cs what Chris Kirschner is to us.

Someone got him to do a YouTube video, and he made his guesses about several East teams.

What he believes Hawks HQ must be thinking is about as compelling to me as what Kirschner believes Celtics HQ must be thinking... more interesting than it is informed.

Does he also bag on those that don’t wanna pay 💰 to read his work? :smile:

• Haha 3

9 hours ago, JTB said:

I think Schlenk is going to let it come down to the wire just like Morey wants it to.

we will see where this team really is by then. As of now the needs have been slightly adjusted since Hunter has been back. Schlenk could make a good massive trade if things go south or he could make a good mid to minor trade if things continue to go well.

im still for a Simmons trade personally but I’m a bit more reluctant cause I wouldn’t  want to mess with team chemistry. So Grant is my backup target if I were in schlenk shoes.

IMO, Simmons is the priority. I make that trade regardless of chemistry or impact on this year because it has HUGE positive impact on next several years imo. 

I don't want to be short-sighted so I'm not making a trade now that I wouldn't make in the offseason. In the offseason I would prioritize Simmons over Grant so I'm not making a Grant trade now if I think I could get Simmons in the offseason. If that makes sense. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, REHawksFan said:

IMO, Simmons is the priority. I make that trade regardless of chemistry or impact on this year because it has HUGE positive impact on next several years imo. 

I don't want to be short-sighted so I'm not making a trade now that I wouldn't make in the offseason. In the offseason I would prioritize Simmons over Grant so I'm not making a Grant trade now if I think I could get Simmons in the offseason. If that makes sense. 

I can agree with this. Can always just hold off if Simmons is the priority target! No arguing there.

However in the grand scheme of things as I think about this often (trading for Simmons) …..I don’t know why it hasn’t clicked until now for me but even though I heard a few mention it , I really see it now…..Morey really doesn’t have any leverage once he includes Tobias Harris in these deals.

Harris included is a BIG favor for Philly.

If Morey were just to be willing to deal Simmons by himself without Harris he’d certainly get a way better offer on the table but once he includes Harris, all other teams are doing him a favor helping Philly get out of Cap HELL….I get Morey could wait until the off-season but I don’t personally believe it changes the fact that his leverage with Simmons lessens a lot by adding/ forcing Harris in any deal. With that said….at the end of the day, Philly has a consistent young all star player who hates the franchise while choosing not to play and another good player in Harris that’s getting tremendously overpaid where Philly or Morey cant even sell the guy to the worse team in the league as a good trade.

So while I’m in my fan GM mode around this time, my new trade hope and what makes the most sense….consist of giving Philly good role players that fit Embiid and Philly giving the 3rd team  (OKC) in this trade draft capital for helping Philly get out of CAP hell (perhaps ATL too if it helps move the trade along)

image.thumb.jpeg.bdd307417f3a94472f2f2f9255b1dfbc.jpeg

I understand Morey wanted a top 40 player then changed it to a 40ish -50 player or whatever….it’s extremely clear that most teams aren’t willing to put their team in cap hell to help Philly. As long as Harris is included in any Simmons deal I believe Moreys leverage in the trade is very low. Morey can’t sell Tobias Harris as a good trade to any team.

With Bradley Beal recently not willing to extend his contract with Washington and becoming a free agent this summer that may be intriguing to Morey and Philly to pursue him.

• Haha 1