• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

My guy has talked around NBA circles of late

NBASupes

1 hour ago, bleachkit said:

I think suggestions that Cam being was a "locker room cancer" are overblown. He and Dre were good buddies, and he was well liked. His desire to leave was not because he didnt like his teammates. He wanted a bigger role to earn a big second contract, and we have a lot of depth here. Even if it doesn't work out in New York he will have a plenty of one year prove it deals available. If it's all about money, go to the worst team you can find, where plenty of minutes and touches are available. 

It's fair to say that Cam being a "locker room cancer" is overblown as I don't think his locker room character was the issue. However, the locker room seemingly became unhealthy when other players became aware of his trade request causing awkwardness inside the locker room (mentioned per an article from The Athletic):

https://theathletic.com/3069571/2022/01/13/cam-reddish-traded-how-hell-fit-with-knicks-why-the-hawks-gave-up-on-him-right-now-and-more/

Reddish didn’t want to be with the team anymore. He requested out several months ago, sources say, and most players knew he didn’t want to be there, which led to awkwardness inside the locker room.

After an ECF run with momentum towards Championship contention for a promising young core (Cam included), hearing that Cam wanted out of that situation can negatively affect a locker room and have players start to question the future of the team. On top of this, Cam's inconsistent on-court effort could only add to the awkwardness. Not to say all of our problems this year were due to Cam (we won't know the truth for a while), but this drama could explain why some of our effort pre and post trade has been so positive. 

Having said this, I think the Hawks have handled this situation very professionally and the rest of the league should be shaking in their boots when we are clicking as we are now. This team is playing like they want to be here and that's a good thing! I wish Cam the best and hope he gets what he wants. The Hawks future is strong with this core and hopefully we can all turn the page with them. TITS!

Edited by djjob23
  • Like 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, kg01 said:

Anybody else getting the impression the Grant guy's just looking for his next big payday?

Not gonna come from DET so he wants to get traded to a place that needs to invest in his promise again, I guess.

tenor.gif?itemid=14948798

Then there is this:

Pistons vice chairman open to immediate Jerami Grant trade

Some rival clubs are now describing what amounts to a split within the organization about keeping or trading Grant … with Pistons vice chairman Arn Tellem said to be open to an immediate trade.

• Haha 2

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/33167873/sacramento-kings-pull-pursuit-philadelphia-76ers-ben-simmons-sources-say

If the Kings and their aloof front office even realize the Sixers are crazy for what they’re asking then that definitely says something. Morey’s stubbornness is going to be his downfall in this one. His iron fist is about to do a 180 and go up his….never mind. 

• Haha 4

20 minutes ago, AUhawksfan said:

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/33167873/sacramento-kings-pull-pursuit-philadelphia-76ers-ben-simmons-sources-say

If the Kings and their aloof front office even realize the Sixers are crazy for what they’re asking then that definitely says something. Morey’s stubbornness is going to be his downfall in this one. His iron fist is about to do a 180 and go up his….never mind. 

I think they have their heart set on a James Harden sign and trade.

I believe there will be one realistic offer on the table from Philly  or Morey rather for Simmons near the end of the deadline.

But the Hawks or Schlenk rather may not be  AS willing to do the move as he was earlier in January.