• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

My guy has talked around NBA circles of late

NBASupes

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, bleachkit said:

Woj dont lie. 

he's right. we are still in on Ben. Unless Travis (actually Ressler) has a change of heart or we can find a third team for Toby Harris I don't know if we can pull off a trade for Ben. 

I will say this. our recent play has definitely gotten more interest in our players. 

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Sothron said:

he's right. we are still in on Ben. Unless Travis (actually Ressler) has a change of heart or we can find a third team for Toby Harris I don't know if we can pull off a trade for Ben. 

I will say this. our recent play has definitely gotten more interest in our players. 

Im excited about the possibility of adding Ben Simmons. Of course, the devil is in the details. Probably won't happen though.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Im excited about the possibility of adding Ben Simmons. Of course, the devil is in the details. Probably won't happen though.

I agree with everything you just said. I do think Ben would really help this team and elevate us to another level. But the price of getting him may be too high. Plus there's the whole specter of collusion between Harden/Morey and the Philly co owner that's best buds with Harden to consider.

• Like 1

Cannot figure why you want this guy, how do you go through middle school then high school knowing yes your def going to the NBA and got away without ever really have to learn to shoot even free throws .  This total co dependency by the parents being his friend and nobody ever holding him accountable like at such a young age, even himself saying hey I may want to work on this , but not even that.  Plenty of entitled players out there, but this guy is living in his own world.  Yes he would improve us in the reg season but this is going to come right up again. It's not going away, not to mention the money it's not even worth considering.  

I hate all thing Philly but seriously like give them like some money back and then get him out of this league, not many gm running around saying hey I wonder where I can find a 35 m a year player that can't shoot the ball and won't even try , Gianni's can't shoot but doesn't care and they work with it. This is some special shit with this kid.

Edited by hylndr11
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member

Folks need to actually watch this.

Don't read the report emphasizing what's emphasized for click bait purposes. Watch it and take in everything else Woj says about the situation. You're going to find he's not reporting. He's asked what he thinks, and he tells the host what he thinks.

In 4 minutes, a whole lot is said. But not a whole lot that you didn't already know.

And he summarizes at the end what appears to be most likely for the evolution of the BS/Philly situation.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, sturt said:

Folks need to actually watch this.

Don't read the report emphasizing what's emphasized for click bait purposes. Watch it and take in everything else Woj says about the situation. You're going to find he's not reporting. He's asked what he thinks, and he tells the host what he thinks.

In 4 minutes, a whole lot is said. But not a whole lot that you didn't already know.

And he summarizes at the end what appears to be most likely for the evolution of the BS/Philly situation.

He says Harrison Barnes is desirable, so there's that.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Premium Member

I think what it really comes down to is that Woj reports based on what used to be. 

Everybody heard the rant by Travis.   Everybody saw us trade Reddish.  Everybody heard our FO say that we're not done.   It was leaked that we wanted B.S.   That was 4 weeks ago. 

Since then.  Philly has gotten Better. 

We have gotten Better. 

IMO, the possibility of a deal has shifted. 
Philly has been the Best team in the East for about a Month now.   We have probably been the best team in the east since the streak.  Neither us nor Philly is in the position that we were in before. 

So Philly can wait on a SNT of Harden in the offseason.   And we can see what this group can do for the rest of the season.   I think our successes have moved both teams farther apart from a deal. 

But Woj can't say that.  His just is to keep up speculation and make people tune in.  Nobody will tune in if they think that no trade will be made.   So he speculates based on old data. 

I think if you can find Travis and his Phone right now, he's like:

Hey I Gotta Call You Back Im Busy Right Now GIF - Hey I Gotta Call You Back  Im Busy Right Now I Cant Talk - Discover & Share GIFs

• Like 1

• Premium Member

I can't speak for what the other guys sources have either said or hinted to them but I have said for at least the last couple of weeks that I think a big trade is more likely in the offseason. The Sixers have our offer and we aren't taking Harris. So it is a stalemate. Looming over any Simmons trade is the possibility (which I believe is true) that Harden/Morey/Sixers owner have been in collusion to get Harden to Philly in the offseason. 

I am very happy with the team we have now. If we got another SF that can rebound and play defense in the 2nd unit then that's a small trade we could see happen before/at the deadline.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

• Premium Member
10 minutes ago, Sothron said:

I can't speak for what the other guys sources have either said or hinted to them but I have said for at least the last couple of weeks that I think a big trade is more likely in the offseason. The Sixers have our offer and we aren't taking Harris. So it is a stalemate. Looming over any Simmons trade is the possibility (which I believe is true) that Harden/Morey/Sixers owner have been in collusion to get Harden to Philly in the offseason. 

I am very happy with the team we have now. If we got another SF that can rebound and play defense in the 2nd unit then that's a small trade we could see happen before/at the deadline.

The Harden thing would have to be a collusion with Sixers owner in the midst because Embiid is more injured than healthy.  And this is a healthy year.   Also, I did see where Harden decided to test the waters.  He's probably upset about Irving. 

I mean, Harden is older.  He wants a ring.  Irving and KD have rings.  Their urgency is not the same as his urgency.   I can definitely see him going to a powerhouse like Philly to make it happen.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, Sothron said:

If we got another SF that can rebound and play defense in the 2nd unit then that's a small trade we could see happen before/at the deadline.

Think McM absolutely wants that to happen, just based on how much he used Solo last year...

But maybe... just spitballin... I've been too quick to dismiss the possibility that they would elect to try to go with Knox in that role... or... at about this time in a season, it's been routine to start giving the first round pick some serious minutes....????

Of course, what they decide to do and what I want them to do are too often different things... though, yes, they did go get Delon albeit a year later than I was making theoretical trades for him... and yes, they did go get Dieng albeit a few months after I was swearing at my computer to go get him right after MEM cut him last season. We'll see. Kenrich Williams is my guy, but the price might be too steep. Thad Young is also my guy, but it remains possible SAS trades him, and even if they don't, he'll have no shortage of suitors on the open market after a buyout.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

I think Jalen is more of a PF.. and we don't know what Knox is.  Right now, he's just the architect. 

I would love to see Knox be able to do more.  He has good size and he can shoot but since he's been with us.. He's just been a practice demon and a game time kitten. 

I'm all for looking at Jalen a little more.  I think being in the G-League is helping. 

• Premium Member
44 minutes ago, Diesel said:

I think Jalen is more of a PF.

I did too, but then watching him in G-league, he certainly seems to me to be playing both on the wing and in the post, not one or the other.... which is more or less what you could have said for how Solo was used.

Too, his offense might be ahead of his defense at this point. If this were two years ago, I'd say get him on the floor and see what he can do. But the stakes have been raised, and we need more confidence in who is filling the more fundamental roles in the rotation, imo.

Our 10 man rotation is rock solid right now without even having to play a Knox or TLC as a defensive wing off the bench.

I don't think there is a spot right now with our top 4 wings all playing well

edit:

Who are we moving or is losing their spot in the rotation to create space for a SF? Everyone is balling at the 2/3 for us

Edited by RedDawg#8

• Premium Member
4 hours ago, RedDawg#8 said:

Our 10 man rotation is rock solid right now without even having to play a Knox or TLC as a defensive wing off the bench.

I don't think there is a spot right now with our top 4 wings all playing well

edit:

Who are we moving or is losing their spot in the rotation to create space for a SF? Everyone is balling at the 2/3 for us

Well,  One thing that's true is that we have a good 10 man rotation right now.   Our depth is decent.  

In a pinch we can play Skylar as PG.  In a pinch, we can play TLC as 2 or 3.  In a pinch we can play Knox at the 3.  In a pinch, we can play Jalen at the 4.  and IN a Pinch, there's Dieng at the 5. 

Now.. none of us like TLC.. but he's not that bad.   Knox is still the architect.   So if we're weak anywhere it would be at our 3rd string 3.  Barring trade,  there's always this guy:

or this guy