• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

My guy has talked around NBA circles of late

NBASupes

• Premium Member
Just now, kg01 said:

He's not better than Kevin or Bogd.  If we're gonna trade that's the floor, sun.

Plus is he even healthy?

If you gettin' a guard from NOP, gimme Jose Baller-ado aka probably the reason Hart's even available.

Team lacks heart n' swag.  He's got it in spades.

200w.webp?cid=ecf05e47pgp2gkz49wn57urcxf

hey if we're gonna start trading for players from our shitty basketball schools I got a couple DePaul guys I wouldn't mind grabbing.   Bogi for Max Strus?    Followed up by 2 2nd round picks for Paul Reed?

Just now, shakes said:

hey if we're gonna start trading for players from our shitty basketball schools I got a couple DePaul guys I wouldn't mind grabbing.   Bogi for Max Strus?    Followed up by 2 2nd round picks for Paul Reed?

GT is a .... no, shakes didn't mean it, kg.  He didn't mean it....

200w.webp?cid=ecf05e4730ivlyin3zqoysqj72

Seriously though, it's funny how similar Depaul and GT are.  Metro schools sitting in a hotbed of bball talent but who don't really sign much of it and can't sustain high-level play year-to-year.

Frustrating AF.

I'd take Strus.  Reed?  Eh...

• Premium Member
37 minutes ago, shakes said:

Hart sucks.   He's a bench rotation guy at best.    He tries on D, but isn't a great defender.  He doesn't shoot well enough to make up the difference.

Hart's metrics let alone eye test prove how wrong this is. I never said he was a great defender but he's a good defender. He also rebounds better than Bogi and Kevin COMBINED. 

• Like 3

• Premium Member
11 minutes ago, Sothron said:

Hart's metrics let alone eye test prove how wrong this is. I never said he was a great defender but he's a good defender. He also rebounds better than Bogi and Kevin COMBINED. 

ha, you could've added me to that list and said that Hart outrebounds all of us.    

You didn't actually dispute anything I said.  I never said he wasn't a good defender, just that he's not a great defender and IMO not a good enough shooter to make up the difference.  He's a bench guy at best.

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

tenor.gif

He's averaged 8 rebounds a game last season and this season as a 6'5" shooting guard. If you think that's not impressive I don't know what to say. 

His TS is over 60% and is a good defender.

This points out some other nice facts about Hart's game vs Bogi or Kevin:

For as good as Huerter can be on defense, Hart has consistently been one of the better perimeter defenders for a while.

Hart is also getting to the free-throw line to shoot 3.8 attempts per game. Huerter does not get to the line much averaging fewer than 1.0 attempts per contest, ninth among Hawks rotation players. But he maintains the efficiency advantage hitting 80.0 percent of his shots at the charity stripe to 74.7 for Hart.

There is also the financial aspect with Huerter heading into his four-year $65 million extension next season while Hart will have two years at less than $13 million left on his deal after this season assuming he picks up his option for 2022-23.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
34 minutes ago, kg01 said:

GT is a .... no, shakes didn't mean it, kg.  He didn't mean it....

200w.webp?cid=ecf05e4730ivlyin3zqoysqj72

Seriously though, it's funny how similar Depaul and GT are.  Metro schools sitting in a hotbed of bball talent but who don't really sign much of it and can't sustain high-level play year-to-year.

Frustrating AF.

I'd take Strus.  Reed?  Eh...

GTech hasn't recovered since being upset by LSU in the first round of the 1987 NCAA tourney with a 16 year old Shakes in attendance.  

Afterwards I said hi to Tommy Hammonds in the parking lot while he was doing an interview.

• Premium Member
Just now, shakes said:

ha, you could've added me to that list and said that Hart outrebounds all of us.    

You didn't actually dispute anything I said.  I never said he wasn't a good defender, just that he's not a great defender and IMO not a good enough shooter to make up the difference.  He's a bench guy at best.

He's putting up 13, 8 and 4 and playing good defense. All while having an above 60% TS which btw is really good. 

I absolutely am disputing what you are saying. Hart's defense, rebounding and ability to get free throws >> Bogi/Kevin's better three point shooting. 

We can score points. We need more defenders and God knows we need someone to help our bigs rebound. How many offensive rebounds do we give up every game because no one comes back to rebound on the wings?

There's also the financial aspect of this. Hart is cheaper for two season than Kevin. That alone will play a factor into a possible trade.

• Like 3

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, Sothron said:

He's putting up 13, 8 and 4 and playing good defense. All while having an above 60% TS which btw is really good. 

I absolutely am disputing what you are saying. Hart's defense, rebounding and ability to get free throws >> Bogi/Kevin's better three point shooting. 

We can score points. We need more defenders and God knows we need someone to help our bigs rebound. How many offensive rebounds do we give up every game because no one comes back to rebound on the wings?

There's also the financial aspect of this. Hart is cheaper for two season than Kevin. That alone will play a factor into a possible trade.

Considering no one dislikes Bogi and Huerter more than me I don't know why I'm fighting you on this lol.   

Alright, you convinced me.   Let's do the deal and bring in Hart.   He makes less and he can't make us any worse.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, shakes said:

Considering no one dislikes Bogi and Huerter more than me I don't know why I'm fighting you on this lol.   

Alright, you convinced me.   Let's do the deal and bring in Hart.   He makes less and he can't make us any worse.

Glad to bring you over 🙂

Now I am not saying we are doing this but if it happens it would be a good thing for us. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, shakes said:

Ah, don't give it up to soth so easily.  At least make him buy you dinner.  There's a reason Hart is even available from a team that's allegedly 'going for it'.  Why we tryna help others build?

• Haha 3

39 minutes ago, Atlantaholic said:

Josh Hart could be a good fit in favor of Huerter. Not sure why the Pels do it though

Nah, I'll keep Huerter long term.  Kevin still has a lot to improve on. Kevin playing at his best is better than Hart at his best. 

If you want to add Hart in addition to Bogi and Huerter.  I'm down for that. Not sure of the trade framework to make that happen.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, thecampster said:

Morning update - Take all of this with a grain of salt.

Teams are calling on Huerter but Hawks are countering with BB.  

The BB/Marcus Smart rumors with Boston have legs but Boston is currently asking for more draft compensation than Atlanta is willing to give. This could turn into something more. Boston overvalues Smart but there is interest there for the defense he brings. Word is Smart rubs teammates in Boston the wrong way at times and that's part of what is driving this.

Recent revival in the Ben Simmons talks with the teams recycling the various frameworks they've worked on. Philly still has some interest in Gallo/Bogi as part of the deal but we would have to heavily mix in draft compensation. The most heavily favored deal here is JC/Bogi but like every team, Philly has tried to see what it would take to swap Bogi and Huerter.

Robin Lopez will probably be changing addresses in the new few days as will Thomas Satoransky (personal wish list I have for winning type players with great hair).

One interesting nugget I heard (and don't put too much stock in it) is that Knox could be dealt for Culver in Memphis. The salaries line up and both could fit better with the new team.

If huerter is holding things up for a ben simmons trade, schlenk needs to do it. 

17 hours ago, Sothron said:

He's averaged 8 rebounds a game last season and this season as a 6'5" shooting guard. If you think that's not impressive I don't know what to say. 

His TS is over 60% and is a good defender.

This points out some other nice facts about Hart's game vs Bogi or Kevin:

For as good as Huerter can be on defense, Hart has consistently been one of the better perimeter defenders for a while.

Hart is also getting to the free-throw line to shoot 3.8 attempts per game. Huerter does not get to the line much averaging fewer than 1.0 attempts per contest, ninth among Hawks rotation players. But he maintains the efficiency advantage hitting 80.0 percent of his shots at the charity stripe to 74.7 for Hart.

There is also the financial aspect with Huerter heading into his four-year $65 million extension next season while Hart will have two years at less than $13 million left on his deal after this season assuming he picks up his option for 2022-23.

Or we can just use all of our draft capital + Kev to trade up for this guy.. lol

He's only 6'4, but he has a 6'10 WS........

1 hour ago, thecampster said:

Recent revival in the Ben Simmons talks with the teams recycling the various frameworks they've worked on. Philly still has some interest in Gallo/Bogi as part of the deal but we would have to heavily mix in draft compensation. The most heavily favored deal here is JC/Bogi but like every team, Philly has tried to see what it would take to swap Bogi and Huerter.

I understand if you can't, but if possible, can you clarify this a little bit?  The questions I have are:

1. Is Philly really considering Gallo/Bogi without JC included? 
  2. When you say Philly has tried to swap Bogi and Huerter, is that just in the JC deal or also in the Gallo deal?
  3. Is the "Heavily favored deal" favored by Philly, Hawks, or Both? 
  4. Is swapping Huerter and Bogi enough to get the deal done or is Philly asking for more that the Hawks don't want to give? 

Thanks.  

• Premium Member
17 hours ago, Sothron said:

I see this as merely a money move. 

I believe he may be better on defense than Kev.   However, Hart can't shoot.  If Hart can slash, I will be fine with it.   However, he has a hitch in his shot that tells me that he'll never be a really good shooter.   But the main thing is this may be a correction from Travis on Kev's contract.   The Deal would have to be Kev/Delon for Hart and N.O. would be getting great talent for this trade.   They should tack on a first to us because I think Delon is probably better than Hart. 

• Moderators
6 minutes ago, terrell said:

Or we can just use all of our draft capital + Kev to trade up for this guy.. lol

He's only 6'4, but he has a 6'10 WS........

Not sure that any team with a top pick will be willing to deal for a handful of protected mid-late first round picks and Huerter.  When we were near the top of the draft, I know we would have had zero interest in that kind of a deal.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, AHF said:

Not sure that any team with a top pick will be willing to deal for a handful of protected mid-late first round picks and Huerter.  When we were near the top of the draft, I know we would have had zero interest in that kind of a deal.

He's Absolutely Right GIFs | Tenor