• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

My guy has talked around NBA circles of late

NBASupes

• Premium Member
8 minutes ago, sturt said:

I remain persuaded that KCP is someone our GM would love to add if he could.

But to the point of this discussion, I don't think he can.

The Whiz should be in firesale mode.. now that Beal is out.

Washington = Tank City. 

We could probably get KCP for Wright/Deing/Draft pick. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, Diesel said:

We could probably get KCP for Wright/Deing/Draft pick. 

Perhaps, but/and when I say "I don't think he can," I would have been better to say, "I don't think he can... come up with something that would be both acceptable to WAS and also a net positive for us."

Wright's proving to be everything I believe the GM had hoped he eventually would. Just wouldn't make sense.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
15 minutes ago, sturt said:

Perhaps, but/and when I say "I don't think he can," I would have been better to say, "I don't think he can... come up with something that would be both acceptable to WAS and also a net positive for us."

Wright's proving to be everything I believe the GM had hoped he eventually would. Just wouldn't make sense.

I do like Wright.  Does KCP duplicate or is KCP just better?

25 minutes ago, thecampster said:

There is a frustration for sure in the matching aspect for trades for the Hawks right now.  Their assets (like Hunter) they can't trade and get back adequate value at his lower salary. Players they can get value for (Bogi/Gallo etc) teams have concerns about (like Bogi's knees).  Hawks really frustrated right now they can't get value for their players. They're either priced too low (lower salary good performance) and can't get back a good player at that price or priced too high given their injury histories, age, etc.  Just frustration.  Then there is a line of teams trying to get Collins/Huerter for peanuts.

I'm no GM by any means, but seems to me in that scenario you could just pair two mismatched players to get a match, no?  

IE:  Player A (good player low salary) + Player B (question mark player high salary) traded for Player C (good player higher salary)

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, Diesel said:

Interesting question.

To my mind... Wright's the better PG/SG, and KCP is the better SG/PG, and could even take some SF minutes depending on the opponent on a given night.

Wish KCP were a buyout candidate.

5 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Wright offers similar scoring on a per minute basis, with better shooting percentages both this year and career wise. Wright is a much a better passer (which we need) not to mention defender and rebounder.

And then there's price tag. Wright's value on his 1.5 mil salary out weighs KCP's 12 mil name value.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

Wright offers similar scoring on a per minute basis, with better shooting percentages both this year and career wise. Wright is a much a better passer (which we need) not to mention defender and rebounder.

And then there's price tag. Wright's value on his 1.5 mil salary out weighs KCP's 12 mil name value.

All well-taken. I'd like to have them both (obviously).

Only thing missing in that analysis is that KCP has been known to be a legit, go-to offense generator. Delon is more of a complimentary piece. Also, I've watched a lot of KCP this past year or so, and am persuaded that his defense is on-par with Wright's.

1 minute ago, Mikey said:

With all the recent news flying in about a simmons and harden deal looking more likely. Do you guys think the hawks could get involved with simmons coming here and we sending them win now pieces?

Simmons is their 'win now' piece.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

One offer we're considering: Gallo for Gay/Ingles. Ingles is hurt but will off the books at the end of the season. Gay has an affordable deal. This frees up cap space for other trades (think Ayton for Capela in the offseason).

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

• Moderators
2 hours ago, NBASupes said:

His trade value isn't high enough to disregard it, it's just unlikely. 

2 hours ago, bleachkit said:

Well there isnt a theoretical trade with them that makes sense. Take a look at their roster. 

With bleach on their roster and I'm kind of not caring much what JC's trade value is.  If his trade value is less than his actual value then don't trade him.  This isn't a fire sale situation where we need to move him for the best offer.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, sturt said:

All well-taken. I'd like to have them both (obviously).

Only thing missing in that analysis is that KCP has been known to be a legit, go-to offense generator. Delon is more of a complimentary piece. Also, I've watched a lot of KCP this past year or so, and am persuaded that his defense is on-par with Wright's.

I dont know if I'm willing to give up Bogi for KCP/other.   Nor am I sure that Washington takes it.   Delon and Deing have ending contracts.  BUt i agree  that Wright's passing is better.   Wright can be better defensively IMO. 

I'm still stand pat at the end of the day.  There may be a play for KCP in the offseason.  I would like to see how this works out (what we have). 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Sothron said:

One offer we're considering: Gallo for Gay/Ingles. Ingles is hurt but will off the books at the end of the season. Gay has an affordable deal. This frees up cap space for other trades (think Ayton for Capela in the offseason).

Isn't Gallo's salary only partially guaranteed next year anyways?

• Like 2

• Premium Member
Just now, bleachkit said:

Isn't Gallo's salary only partially guaranteed next year anyways?

yes, for 5 million. Depending on what the Hawks want to do, they could use that somewhere else.  The Ayton interest from us is very real. If we did move Gallo in a trade like the one my source told me this morning we're considering it would be to try and make more room for Ayton's deal and not pay the LT.

FWIW I like Gallo. I really like our team. Unless we get something that is a no brainer OR is a necessary move to clear cap space to get Ayton in the offseason then I'm fine with standing pat with our roster.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Just now, Mikey said:

True I just question the fit with that team and whether or not he would even want to be there.

Guy got vaccinated for a reason, imho.  He fits on any team for the main reason media types have crucified him.  Doesn't need to shoot, likes to pass/defend.

We need to find that player.  Anybody got any plan B's for my Simmons obsession?  I can't think of any.