• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

My guy has talked around NBA circles of late

NBASupes

• Premium Member
9 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Smoke around the Gallo-for-Dragic deal which, imho, would be an imminently better deal - assuming the guy doesn't just show up to be bought out on his way to Miami (which is a distinct possibility again, imho)

How is Dragic better than Rudy? Dragic is not even a clear cut upgrade over Wright right now and that would be his role on the team assuming he is even healthy, even if he is marginally better we have some major redundancy all of a sudden. So we would'nt just be getting rid of Gallo and his minutes which I guess we would want Okonguw to fill, but we would also be creating some type of log jam at the backup PG / third string SG positions.

Rudy would fill Gallo's minutes and potentially fill backup SF minutes. He's been easily healthier and more productive than Dragic.

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, AHF said:

Need to think hard about whether we want to pay $12.5M for the next two years of 36 and 37 year old Rudy Gay.  Don't think we do.  

Sure, I have no idea about cap implications, just strictly talking impact on the team this year. If this deal is going to impact our cap then I agree 100% it makes no sense. Rudy for Gallo is a sideways move. 

36 minutes ago, kg01 said:

I just got traded to Kingsquawk for Doug Christie's nephew.

Don't worry boys, I'mma tank my physical then tell them I'll only re-sign if they give me mod powers and 3 burner accounts.  I mean who needs 3 burners?  2 work just fine... but I've said too much. 😏

I’m pumpin gas ⛽️. I didn’t wanna miss anything.. I need a burner ..aaanother..:ermm:

27 minutes ago, Atlantaholic said:

How is Dragic better than Rudy? Dragic is not even a clear cut upgrade over Wright right now and that would be his role on the team assuming he is even healthy, even if he is marginally better we have some major redundancy all of a sudden. So we would'nt just be getting rid of Gallo and his minutes which I guess we would want Okonguw to fill, but we would also be creating some type of log jam at the backup PG / third string SG positions.

Rudy would fill Gallo's minutes and potentially fill backup SF minutes. He's been easily healthier and more productive than Dragic.

I think it's pretty clear a healthy Dragic is levels better than Gay and at a position of need.

The guy was the likely Finals MVP before getting hurt the bubble year.

He'd be in the Wright role but is a different type of player.  He would be able to run the 2nd team offense not just be a cog.  Dragic would be the playmaker we lack.

To be clear, all of this is moot because I think he'll only play for the Heat - which is significantly worse than what Simmons is doing so I find it strange this flies under the radar.

Gay is just a guy out there.

3 minutes ago, thecampster said:

The Nets are working the 6ers over right now. There seems to be a framework of a deal in place but they're arguing over picks/protections. Deal likelihood is 50/50. 

Word is if this deal doesn't get done by the deadline, Philly won't make a deal at all for Simmons. Because it would be a trade that doesn't include signing, there would be no penalty involving Simmons/Harden from the league. There is the small matter of Philly leaking other teams' shared intel, tampering with locker room vibes.

Guessing it gets done at the last hour.  But I have to wonder, does Ben want to play in BKN?  Seems like the Harden / Morey connection is driving this thing but you'd have to think BKN has reached out to Ben just to make sure he's not going to be a problem.  The only thing I've heard about him is from the Squawk that Ben and Trae would mutually like to play together.  Wonder if Ben is in the "anywhere but Philly is fine" mindset or if he has specific places on his list?

4 minutes ago, thecampster said:

The Nets are working the 6ers over right now. There seems to be a framework of a deal in place but they're arguing over picks/protections. Deal likelihood is 50/50. 

Word is if this deal doesn't get done by the deadline, Philly won't make a deal at all for Simmons. Because it would be a trade that doesn't include signing, there would be no penalty involving Simmons/Harden from the league. There is the small matter of Philly leaking other teams' shared intel, tampering with locker room vibes.

I will be honest and say I thought a Trae - Simmons pairing would be potentially very good but all this new talk about going after Ayton (potentially) in the off season I’m kind of glad it didn’t work out for us…..if the Ayton rumors are true anyways I would stand pat.

Just now, REHawksFan said:

Guessing it gets done at the last hour.  But I have to wonder, does Ben want to play in BKN?  Seems like the Harden / Morey connection is driving this thing but you'd have to think BKN has reached out to Ben just to make sure he's not going to be a problem.  The only thing I've heard about him is from the Squawk that Ben and Trae would mutually like to play together.  Wonder if Ben is in the "anywhere but Philly is fine" mindset or if he has specific places on his list?

He'd walk in to play just about anywhere in order to save face.  If he went somewhere else and didn't suit up, it would be very hard to sell himself to a team in the future.  Playing for your new team is very much about image rebuilding.

• Like 4

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, kg01 said:

I think it's pretty clear a healthy Dragic is levels better than Gay and at a position of need.

The guy was the likely Finals MVP before getting hurt the bubble year.

He'd be in the Wright role but is a different type of player.  He would be able to run the 2nd team offense not just be a cog.  Dragic would be the playmaker we lack.

To be clear, all of this is moot because I think he'll only play for the Heat - which is significantly worse than what Simmons is doing so I find it strange this flies under the radar.

Gay is just a guy out there.

Is he even healthy? Will he stay healthy? If he's healthy can we assume he'll ever be as good as he was. The Bubble was two years ago, two major injuries requiring surgery on his foot and his knee ago. He was 33 years old and now is 35.

For reference: Gallo was argueably the second best player in fifth seed OKC averaging 19 points (leading the team in pp36min) with a 62% TS% back then and commanded a 20 million dollar a year contract in the open market two years ago. A lot changes in two years, for a player that age, especially one with majore injuries to overcome.

1 minute ago, Atlantaholic said:

Is he even healthy? Will he stay healthy? If he's healthy can we assume he'll ever be as good as he was. The Bubble was two years ago, two major injuries requiring surgery on his foot and his knee ago. He was 33 years old and now is 35.

For reference: Gallo was argueably the second best player in fifth seed OKC averaging 19 points (leading the team in pp36min) with a 62% TS% back then and commanded a 20 million dollar a year contract in the open market two years ago. A lot changes in two years, for a player that age, especially one with majore injuries to overcome.

First, to be clear, we're just talking hypotheticals here.  I don't think either of us believes Dragic ever plays here.

But .... I mean Gay is 35 his dang self.  He's lost several steps and right now he's just a random player out there.  He's not helping anybody do anything.  He's basically TLC but older and slower and less of a shooter.  And we kill TLC every game.

Dragic's health is a question for sure but it's a risk I'd be ok with.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Damn, looks like Hawks aren't doing anything. I'm kinda bummed. 

I'm kinda with you, but I'd rather do nothing than Trade Gallo for Rudy Gay.  That would suck.  If we can't make an obvious improvement, then I'm fine just sticking with the core group for this year's team.  I mean, I'd trade TLC or Wright or Dieng if it brought back a piece that could help us, but I'm not trading Bogi or Gallo unless it's an obvious upgrade.  

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, kg01 said:

First, to be clear, we're just talking hypotheticals here.  I don't think either of us believes Dragic ever plays here.

But .... I mean Gay is 35 his dang self.  He's lost several steps and right now he's just a random player out there.  He's not helping anybody do anything.  He's basically TLC but older and slower and less of a shooter.  And we kill TLC every game.

Dragic's health is a question for sure but it's a risk I'd be ok with.

Ok, Rudy Gay is averaging 16points per 36 mins, along with 8rp36 mins on 42% shooting, has played PF exclusively and has an Offensive Raptor and Defensive Raptor of +1.1 and +1.1 for a net rating of +2.2 when he is on the floor. 

TLC is averaging 11 points 4 rebounds on 38% shooting while ranking dead last on the team (by a massive margin) in offensive raptor with -3.0 and is at 0.0 in defensive Raptor.

Gay's numbers both raw and advanced are about equal to Gallos overall (actually has been slightly better at everything other than minutes played and 3pt shooting).

TLC is one of the worst players in the entire NBA, probably bottom 30-40 among any player with significant minutes.

Okay details are now dropping:

Appearing on ESPN’s Get Up, Brian Windhorst said things are “trending” in the direction of the Brooklyn Nets and Philadelphia 76ers working out a deal: “The teams are absolutely engaged in trade discussions. I know that there’s people saying things on the record, trying to act like that’s not happening, but it is absolutely happening. There is definite motivation from both sides to make this fall into place. The Sixers were out there yesterday having trade negotiations with other teams looking to clear roster spots, looking to move other players on their roster—including Tobias Harris—in what looks like ancillary moves to support a James Harden arrival.”

• Like 1