• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

My guy has talked around NBA circles of late

NBASupes

1 minute ago, kg01 said:

Also, Schlenk better be on the phone to POR rn to get Nurk.  There's a weird, bizarre, fancy fire sale goings on in the upper NW and everything's gotta go.

This is less like an estate sale and more like the pile when somebody gets evicted from their apartment.  First come, first serve.  Leggo, Travis.

They want to keep Nurk especially if they don't land Ayton. 

Edited by NBASupes
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Also, Schlenk better be on the phone to POR rn to get Nurk.  There's a weird, bizarre, fancy fire sale goings on in the upper NW and everything's gotta go.

This is less like an estate sale and more like the pile when somebody gets evicted from their apartment.  First come, first serve.  Leggo, Travis.

Getting Nurk only would make sense if we traded Cap for him, and that can't happen. Plus Nurk is an UFA so if we want him and think we can sign him it would make sense to work something out in the summer rather than give up an asset to acquire him. 

• Like 2

Just now, NBASupes said:

They want to keep Nurk especially if they don't land Ayton. 

Aye, with the way they're behaving you gotta toss 'em a line.  Like the last dude at the club.  He started off wanting a 10 but by the end of the night all he's thinkin is 'big gurls need love too'.

🙃

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Aye, with the way they're behaving you gotta toss 'em a line.  Like the last dude at the club.  He started off wanting a 10 but by the end of the night all he's thinkin is 'big gurls need love too'.

🙃

She might be a big ugly ho, but tonight, she's my big ugly ho!!!

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Sothron said:

It isn't a pipe dream. I was told not to discuss it by my source but then @NBASupes reported it. My source found out that someone else leaked it and was, ah, not happy to put it mildly. Apparently we don't want other teams to know we're that interested in Ayton for an offseason trade to send them Capela plus picks in a S&T for Ayton. Once my source saw that this has been leaked he said I could mention this since the cat is out of the bag. 

This is great news then! Like really great news!

I would understand why your guy would say hold this close to the heart! I would love to get Ayton in Atlanta next to Trae and Collins!  That would be unreal! 

If this was in Schlenks back pocket the whole time I would have never truly pursued Simmons if I were schlenk. It’s worth keeping our assets to see if we can get Ayton ….I honestly can’t think of a better move unless we had a chance at KAT or something.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

So no Simmons for the hawks and because no one values our players looks like if we make any trade at all it'll be a small move.  So basically a bunch of hype for nothing.   Oh well, the team needs to be fixed but if we can't get value I don't blame them for not trading. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Atlantaholic said:

There's no way in heck Gallo is better defensively than Gay. Gallo is one of the worst defensive players at his position in the NBA, bottom 10 hands down, while Rudy Gay has had fantastic defensive metrics both in the Spurs and Jazz the last 4 years. Offensively, yes Gallo is (probably) better. Going from Gallo to Gay would be like going from Huerter to Wright. I never said I would do it, just pointing out that the net impact based on any metric available indicates it would likely be a net equal, offensve for defense swap.

But you're talking like Rudy Gay is some sort of lockdown defender or something.  He's average at best, and his defensive impact is minimal, especially if he's not playing alongside Rudy Gobert.

But that's the funny thing though. Gallo's defensive rating goes way up when he's playing alongside Okongwu.  Not so much when he's playing alongside Collins or even Capela.  His rating is way up alongside Okongwu.

Gallo's offensive impact > Rudy's defensive impact.

5 hours ago, sturt said:

All well-taken. I'd like to have them both (obviously).

Only thing missing in that analysis is that KCP has been known to be a legit, go-to offense generator. Delon is more of a complimentary piece. Also, I've watched a lot of KCP this past year or so, and am persuaded that his defense is on-par with Wright's.

I failed to mention that KCP is definitely no slouch in defense. I think Wright is better but not by a mile.

Passing wise, its not close. Wright is willing and able.

Scoring, KCP definitely is score first minded and not afraid to shoot. But his efficiency is not as good as Wrights and he is not prolific by any means. We can get 11 points from already from Bogi/Kev/Dre in the same amount of minutes

12 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Gallo's offensive impact > Rudy's defensive impact

Moot point now, but this was my thinking as well.  The Hawks are ELITE offensively and terrible defensively.  All trading Gallo for Rudy does is make them less ELITE offensively while still being, relatively speaking, terrible defensively. Net negative for the Hawks, imo. 

• Like 3

• Premium Member
4 hours ago, AHF said:

Eh.  He seems a bit like a less efficient Kevin Huerter type of offensive contributor.  Not a zero but far from a "go to" option.  11 points a game at .537% TS% is roughly what Cam was giving us this year.

You're looking at averages, and that's valid, of course.

But I'm looking at this question as I say "go-to offensive generator"... to what extent has this player ever been able to dominate games with his offense, and in other words, be on-occasion someone who led his team to wins?

I'm glad you bring up Cam, because that helps illustrate the context I'm using here... Cam has rarely had games, if ever really, when he has been the guy who led the team to a win.

KCP has had that multiple times in most if not all seasons he's every played in the NBA.

• Premium Member
35 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

I failed to mention that KCP is definitely no slouch in defense. I think Wright is better but not by a mile.

Yes. Wright is better by less than... let's saaaay... a football field, imo. 🙂

36 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

Passing wise, its not close. Wright is willing and able.

Yes.

I've always thought it had more to-do with KCP's role on every team he's played on, more than that he's incapable... but I can't prove that really.

37 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

Scoring, KCP definitely is score first minded and not afraid to shoot. But his efficiency is not as good as Wrights and he is not prolific by any means. We can get 11 points from already from Bogi/Kev/Dre in the same amount of minutes

This goes to why I say I don't perceive there's a real way for the GM to work out a deal--ie, because I'm not persuaded he should want to exchange any of our players except Dieng (possibly), TLC or Knox.

I'd include LouWill as a fourth, but at this point, that would be sorta-kinda like trading your grandpa... he's part of the family, and a useful part on occasion, so it's not even worthy of conversation.

I'm only interested in KCP because I'm greedy, and I want to have the strongest bench 1-15 we can get, in light of how injuries can submarine a post-season so harshly.

2 minutes ago, thecampster said:

Honest question:

If something is brewing and we can't give any details, would you want to know?

IE: Something's brewing but I can't say anything yet.....yay or nay?

Nay!

200.webp?cid=ecf05e47ocwig9ipdoy8unixvds

ETA: You wouldn't believe some of the gifs that come up when you search 'tease'.  Definitely not SFW.  Um, I gotta go ... look at ... uh, something.

Edited by kg01
  • Haha 4

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, thecampster said:

If something is brewing and we can't give any details, would you want to know?

Sure. Why not. It gives us all the invite to try to make you crack... which is its own form of fun and entertainment.

😄😄😄

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, phoostal said:

Camp do you see the hawks being involved with the sixers and nets?  Would Brooklyn value anyone on the hawks roster more than getting Simmons?

and finally someone asks the $54 dollar question.

A 3 way is possible, yes but unlikely.  The Nets would love someone that gives them what Joe Harris was giving them before the injury.  If OO, JC, Huerter were on the table for Simmons, another player from Philly with the Nets getting our 3, yes its really possible. They love OO energy/defense.  I'm not saying this happens but in order for Brooklyn/Philly to finally commit, they might have to try a 3 way....ba dum bump tss.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3