• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

My guy has talked around NBA circles of late

NBASupes

• Moderators
9 minutes ago, marco102 said:

So this is what you are hearing behind the seens or this is just you chatting.  When you say things like this you need to differentiate. 

Like how Trae going to be mad if Philly backed out of the deal? Did the front office just not do anything? No, they tried to please him and get who he wanted to play with.  

He has never claimed to know anything behind the scenes so he is obviously just chatting.  He also already said he may just be being paranoid.

3 minutes ago, marco102 said:

See above.  I follow Ray and actually tweeted with him.  He speaks his mind a lot on NBA things.  He stays pretty mute about what's going on with Trae and the Hawks.  He did have one tweet about LLoyd Pierce and that's about it.  He speaks on all the other NBA things and that's why I've been trying to dead this narrative that that specific tweet was a response about how Trae was feeling.  It was just Ray tweeting like Ray does when something big goes on in the NBA.

and on our way up! 

Just tired of everybody talking about LAST season.. smh

Edited by terrell

• Moderators
4 minutes ago, sturt said:

Have always anticipated that Gallo would be dealt.

But other than that, I have difficulty imagining making moves when you just won the first ATL NBA trophy.

🙂

This would be wonderful!

9 minutes ago, AHF said:

He has never claimed to know anything behind the scenes so he is obviously just chatting.  He also already said he may just be being paranoid.

He posted he may just be paranoid after I made my post and I wasn't attacking him or anything.  Just letting him know as someone who's posted some sourced information in this thread, it's good to differentiate between his thoughts and maybe giving some behind the scene clues.  @Sothron has done that at times in this very thread and that's why I asked if it was his opinion or not because I couldn't tell by his post and he clarified. 

@Sothron thanks by the way! 

Edited by marco102
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, FrankWhite said:

All the whining about the Hawks not making a big move is comical. 

It’s painfully clear Morey wanted Harden above all else and would only otherwise accept a massive haul of players and picks for Simmons. I’m sorry, he’s just not that good a player to warrant that. 

Other than that, what are we crying about? Not giving up an unprotected first rounder to get Derrick White? Would that vault us into championship contention?

The Hawks are currently in 10th place and 4.5 games out of 6th place in the East. Because of bad luck + bad play, they’re almost guaranteed to be a play-in team. That’s fine. Philly and Brooklyn are in desperate to win a championship now mode. The Hawks are not. It’s a better move to stand pat and build chemistry with their still very young core.

Ah yes, the young core, the young core, the young core. Well once that young core is getting 8 and 9 figure deals, they don't get to play the age card anymore.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
9 minutes ago, sturt said:

Have always anticipated that Gallo would be dealt.

But other than that, I have difficulty imagining making moves when you just won the first ATL NBA trophy.

🙂

I only thought Gallo would be dealt if we got a player that would be impactfully better than him.  Otherwise it would be an offseason trade.  Hi expiring contract and small guarantee makes it even more likely in the offseason.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Final_quest said:

I do think we need to be careful with Trae.  We're not in danger zone yet, but a lot depends on how we perform. 

We need to win to keep the Youngs happy in the long run.  Another year of us being mediocre and we're at risk of problems.  Trae is the franchise.  

It's definitely all speculation on my part, I think that's what we do in a fan forum.  I'm no insider.  

Trae complained his second season about needing help. Travis improved the roster and we made it to the Eastern Conference finals. 

Trae says he's okay playing with Ben Simmons.  Travis says okay Philly here's a great deal and we are ready to move forward with it and Philly backs out. 

I don't think Trae will be upset with us this early in his career as long as we are constantly trying to improve the team around him. That's what Travis has been doing since he realized Trae's a star. 

I'm not saying it's not anything to worry about. Again, it's focused on Ray's tweet and all the conclusions you (meaning multiple people here) drew from that. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

• Moderators
4 minutes ago, marco102 said:

He posted he may just be paranoid after I made my post and I was attacking him or anything.  Just letting him know as someone who's posted some sourced information in this thread, it's good to differentiate between their thoughts and maybe give some behind the scene clues.  @Sothron has done that at times in this very thread and that's why I asked if it was his opinion or not because I couldn't tell by his post and he clarified. 

@Sothron thanks by the way! 

All good!  Wasn't accusing you of attacking him or anything.  There are only 3 people I'd even think about bringing something sourced to the thread so I wouldn't expect other posters to clarify when they are responding to a tweet or something.

• Like 1

Just now, AHF said:

All good!  Wasn't accusing you of attacking him or anything.  There are only 3 people I'd even think about bringing something sourced to the thread so I wouldn't expect other posters to clarify when they are responding to a tweet or something.

LMAO. I see the confusion. I meant to quote @Sothron in that post.  No idea how I quoted @Final_quest.

My bad to all parties. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Let's focus on us and finishing the first half of the season at or above .500. 

After AS weekend, it's go time. Things have been shaken up, let those teams worry about their chemistry and fit.

Our squad is here to stay. Now guys can focus on the task at hand. No need to be afraid of anyone now.

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, FrankWhite said:

All the whining about the Hawks not making a big move is comical. 

It’s painfully clear Morey wanted Harden above all else and would only otherwise accept a massive haul of players and picks for Simmons. I’m sorry, he’s just not that good a player to warrant that. 

Other than that, what are we crying about? Not giving up an unprotected first rounder to get Derrick White? Would that vault us into championship contention?

The Hawks are currently in 10th place and 4.5 games out of 6th place in the East. Because of bad luck + bad play, they’re almost guaranteed to be a play-in team. That’s fine. Philly and Brooklyn are in desperate to win a championship now mode. The Hawks are not. It’s a better move to stand pat and build chemistry with their still very young core.

kyrie spider man,actcet.com

• Premium Member
13 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Now that we're near the end of this thread, with an astronomical 178 pages . . . how many stars would you give this thread?

⭐⭐⭐⭐  = excellent

⭐⭐⭐  = good

⭐⭐ = fair

⭐  = bad

270957112005201.gif?to=min&r=1024

9 minutes ago, marco102 said:

Not gone lie. I giggled. 

sensible-chuckle.gif&ehk=XSIRE4e0HJxrBtr

• Like 2
  • Haha 2