• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

My guy has talked around NBA circles of late

NBASupes

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, bleachkit said:

Cause Thibs plays the guys he wants to play. They will probably move on from some vets this off-season, so Cam, Grimes etc will have more minutes available next year.

Think they may move on from Thibs?

(Should qualify that as a real question... not a statement wrapped inside a question.)

1 minute ago, marco102 said:

Travis says there is 90+% chance the pick conveys over the next three years.

Absolutely. Their young core is one of the better ones in the league. Ball, Bridges, Rozier. People forget Rozier is only 27. And Hayward is still productive and under contract for two more years. Bouknight has potential as well. Hard to see them falling off. 

10 minutes ago, marco102 said:

What the actual duck are you talking about? It makes no sense for you to be this disgruntled because Cam was traded. The only thing I care about is we are winning. It is not All because Cam was traded that we are winning, but his subtraction has done something to this team.

I won't give a flying duck about Cam in two years if we are going deep in the playoffs and no idea why you would care.

Note: I intentionally added the d for sensorship.

I do agree with him that we've collectively gone a bit too far on the Cam stuff.  We just need to move on.

But he's certainly still reeling from the trade in a way that's not realistic.  I think, in 2 years, Cam will probably be onto his 3rd team and I think it'll be good for him.

But, to your point, ain't none-a us gonna give a flying duck about it.

Note: I intentionally said duck because ducks fly and f*cks don't. 😎

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, sturt said:

Think they may move on from Thibs?

(Should qualify that as a real question... not a statement wrapped inside a question.)

I doubt it but, that would match their m.o., wouldn't it?

1 minute ago, Sothron said:

Hornets pick will probably convey this year. That team is good and really fun to watch. I do root for them when they aren't playing the Hawks. 

Oh I bet you really enjoy the assault they put on Hunter ...

soth: 200w.webp?cid=ecf05e47y2h9djxoo64u9oebw9

😁

• Haha 2

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, bleachkit said:

Hornets have 5 players that average 16 ppg or better. That's actually pretty rare. 

It is like a discount version of the mid 90's Sonics where everyone got the burger and everyone had a bite. Love the spread it out scoring approach.

• Moderators
1 hour ago, bleachkit said:

We got a first round in the late teens/early 20's. What do you think is fair value for Cam? A top 10 pick? Lottery teams dont trade way their top 10 picks for anything less than a really good established player/star. By no measure does Cam 's 2 and a half years in the league meet that bar.

Yeah i wasn't clear on that.   We bet and lost on Cam is what i meant.   Ultimately the trade may look fine but we drafted Cam at 10 and had to cut him for a pick at 20+.   No way to really say that the pick of Cam worked out for us.   Thank god Trae is MVP level or the big trade would be looking bad.  

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Yeah i wasn't clear on that.   We bet and lost on Cam is what i meant.   Ultimately the trade may look fine but we drafted Cam at 10 and had to cut him for a pick at 20+.   No way to really say that the pick of Cam worked out for us.   Thank god Trae is MVP level or the big trade would be looking bad.  

Who cares about "the trade" we were battered the first two years over it. Now, most fans are saying Luka and Trae are at least in the same stratosphere. Trae has been way better this season.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, NBASupes said:

That can only be decided after time. We are talking about at the time of the trade. 

You're the same person that claimed we decidedly lost the Luka/Trae trade.  I suppose you've seen enough from those two in 3 years to know Luka is decidedly better?  But seeing two years of Cam isn't quite enough?  I get you're completely dying on the Cam hill but at least use consistent arguments.

And it's a joke that GMs "think they can fleece us" because we rooted out the locker room tumor and sent it to NY for a 1st rounder......

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• Premium Member
14 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

I think suggestions that Cam being was a "locker room cancer" are overblown. He and Dre were good buddies, and he was well liked. His desire to leave was not because he didnt like his teammates. He wanted a bigger role to earn a big second contract, and we have a lot of depth here. Even if it doesn't work out in New York he will have a plenty of one year prove it deals available. If it's all about money, go to the worst team you can find, where plenty of minutes and touches are available. 

He wasn't a locker room cancer, but it's becoming painfully obvious that he was an on court cancer.    Especially this year when his assists disappeared and so did his defense, but not his side step step back contested 3s!   He always met his quota for those wonderful shots.

Now that he's gone I am so glad that POS is rotting on NY bench.   He's my new most hated player in the league not named Grayson Allen.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, thecampster said:

I distinctly remember you criticizing me because I did not! 

Take the player's names out of it.

#9 2018

#20 2022

for

#10 2019.

That's the trade by the numbers. Take the players' names and Thibbs terrible use of Knox out of the equation and it looks like a win for the Hawks. I am not making that up. I honestly think we might have won this trade going forward.

You kind of can't look at it like Cam potential > Knox potential.  Knox was terribly utilized in New York that has been evident in the limited playing sample we've seen here. Not worthy of #9, sure but also not worthy of no playing time and little use.  Cam was greatly underutilized here because of who was in front of him and Cam failed to do what was necessary to earn the time / utilization.  So in their previous circumstances, neither was really worth that #20 pick to keep or get rid of. Knox bad fit NY, Cam playing behind others in Atlanta. When you consider there wasn't going to be another $15 million for Cam once the Hawks got done paying Hunter, he was probably gone anyway.  So....we got a #20 pick for $2.5 per year for 4 years vs Cam at $60 million for 4 years or bupkis. 

Facts are we took each others bad fit and we got a pick in the process.  Short term, I actually believe we won the trade. Long term, I believe Cam's natural physical maturity wins out so win/lose actually depends on if Knox develops and what the 20 pick turns in to. If Cam fills out those shoulders and turns into a very solid starting SF he could be very good.  IMHO and barring a break out in New York, they are going to flip him again as part of a package in the summer. I'd wager its 75/25 Cam isn't in New York next year, so we really can't see what this deal was (New York win/lose) until we see what Cam is flipped for next year (my assumptions being true that is).

giphy.gif

To add, Cam only played 118 games for us over 3 seasons. Granted some games he missed were related to development, but that should still say something about how much work he still has to go to get to where he believes he already is. He is a special talent and I wish him the best wherever he finds home, but the value we received in this trade was a win from a financial perspective at the very least.

• Like 3