• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

My guy has talked around NBA circles of late

NBASupes

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, AUhawksfan said:

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/33167873/sacramento-kings-pull-pursuit-philadelphia-76ers-ben-simmons-sources-say

If the Kings and their aloof front office even realize the Sixers are crazy for what they’re asking then that definitely says something. Morey’s stubbornness is going to be his downfall in this one. His iron fist is about to do a 180 and go up his….never mind. 

I think you mean, Maloof.  😉

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

24 minutes ago, Diesel said:

I believe you have to look at how it went down.

We were doing bad.  Travis approached Morey about Simmons.   Morey saw our desperation and others.  He tried to hitch Harris to the trade.   Travis said no to Harris.  Morey said if you really want Simmons, find a trade for Harris.   We started winning.  And Travis motivation to find a trade for Harris went like this:

Losing interest GIFs - Get the best gif on GIFER

Then Sactown fell out of the deal...  And Morey asked Travis has he found a trade yet and Travis said...

Loss Of Interest GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

And the Hawks kept winning and as the Deadline approaches Morey is like:

Crackheads GIFs | Tenor

And the National Media is like Morey is wasting an MVP Embiid year if he doesn't get a deal done and Morey is Like:

Desperate GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

And so when Morey comes back to Travis at the Deadline with his Best Deal, Travis will say:

Gotta Be Quicker Than That GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

200w.webp?cid=ecf05e471f9z980cdf2tasslem

We know a fantastic gif-montage when we sees it.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, AUhawksfan said:

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/33167873/sacramento-kings-pull-pursuit-philadelphia-76ers-ben-simmons-sources-say

If the Kings and their aloof front office even realize the Sixers are crazy for what they’re asking then that definitely says something. Morey’s stubbornness is going to be his downfall in this one. His iron fist is about to do a 180 and go up his….never mind. 

MOREY WE ALL YOU GOT!!!

SO YOU MIGHT AS WELL GIVE US ALL YOU GOT!

WE KNOW, WE KNOW WE GOT HIM!

4 hours ago, Diesel said:

This is what happens when Morey calls Travis Since the Streak...

Reject Call GIFs | Tenor

Lol I’m not saying Schlenk is going to accept it I just believe Morey is actually going to give a reasonable trade offer at the very end.

• Premium Member

As soon as Morey wanted to attach Harris in a deal and we couldn't find a third team it was over. Unless that changes or Morey sees reason I don't see us trading for Ben.

I am starting to believe there is collusion between Harden, Morey and the Sixers owner over getting Harden to Philly in the offseason. 

• Like 3

I'll weigh in on this.  As I've stated, I've always felt Simmons hasn't shown me anything to warrant the praise he gets at the level he does.  That being said, the Hawks DO have a need for more defensive help at the point of attack. When I saw the latest offer, yes, its ludicrous, but a tweak of the offer interests me because the Hawks would be keeping Hunter.   If the Hawks could give up just two first rounders, I would entertain the Simmons and Harris for Collins, Bogi and two firsts.  Its more about what the Hawks would be keeping and getting vs giving up the unknowns with those picks. 

Ressler said he doesn't care about going into the luxury tax to win, so it has to be the picks that Travis is balking about.  If its the money, there is a contradiction. Gallo is coming off the books and Okongwu isn't due for a raise.  I don't see immediate reason why they can't go into the luxury tax.

Edited by Hawkmoor

1 hour ago, Sothron said:

As soon as Morey wanted to attach Harris in a deal and we couldn't find a third team it was over. Unless that changes or Morey sees reason I don't see us trading for Ben.

I am starting to believe there is collusion between Harden, Morey and the Sixers owner over getting Harden to Philly in the offseason. 

I would not be shocked if your next update is that Collins was pulled off the table and Schlenk is looking at smaller moves to trade non key guys to perhaps shore up the bench for the playoffs.

I personally like Dieng more so for the playoffs than I do for the regular season but it would be nice to find an actual SF backup for Hunter who can defend well or at a high level. I wouldn’t look for an offensive guy necessarily if I were in schlenk shoes.

• Premium Member
7 minutes ago, hylndr11 said:

Not sure we can trade bogi at all now, he is smoking 

Yeah, the way Nate feels about him right now, think he might quit if Schlenk did that.

(Hyperbole, of course.)