• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

My guy has talked around NBA circles of late

NBASupes

17 hours ago, Sothron said:

So it isn't myself and my source that thinks that Philly/Harden have been in collusion. Interesting. 

So I mentioned that privately to someone on this board like 5 days ago and publicly like 3 or 4 right before the first story broke but its starting to simmer now.

• Like 2

• Moderators
4 hours ago, Gray Mule said:

We have built this team to this point.

Truth.  And this team wasn't built haphazardly.  Tweaking is always necessary but we drafted the guys we did, when we did for a reason.   Simmons costs too much and makes too much.   

• Like 4

• Premium Member
On 1/26/2022 at 10:56 AM, REHawksFan said:

I'm going to offer a counter deal to you with OKC.  How about this:

OKC gets:  Dieng / TLC

Hawks get: Williams / Moose

Both players are helping OKC more than they need and are jeopardizing a high lotto pick.  I think they can be had and could be useful players as a 3rd SF and 3rd or 4th C.  I'd either give them back their pick that won't likely convey or throw in a few 2nds for their trouble. 

Thoughts? 

I'm rehashing this b/c I'm really persuaded at this point that obtaining Moose as you've proposed instead of Favors (as I'd proposed) probably makes more sense, at least for us... as long as the deal would be Moose for Knox, and then Kenrich Williams for TLC. I want to keep Dieng, and want to let Moose give Gallo the occasional night off. Williams becomes the 2nd SF behind Hunter, and the SG slots are filled with Huerter and BogBog, not necessarily in that order.... which, in turn, allows LouWill to stay fresher overall. And the attraction for OKC is that they get to flip their PHX FRP for the lesser of our pick or the CHO pick. Peripheral attraction is that it's been noted that a reunion with UK teammate might be really sweet for Knox.

On 1/30/2022 at 8:43 AM, thecampster said:

I've taken a few days trying to unravel the chatter and a few conversations I've had.  Here's what's going on based on those conversations and my warlock crystal ball....

Morey has overplayed his hand and the market for Simmons is now tanking. Sacramento is not "out" as the media has reported. They are out at the current ask level. The price has to now come down significantly in order for them to re-enter.  

As I stated 2 weeks ago, the interested teams made their final offers on Simmons already. There hasn't been any fresh talks and almost all suitors have realized Morey is playing them as pawns (as does the league) in the media and have broken off any new discussions.

As I stated 2 days ago (see below),

https://sports.yahoo.com/kings-not-way-ben-simmons-095947602.html

• Premium Member

If Philly get pinched for working behind the scenes with Harden and the penalty is that they would not be allowed to sign Harden (similar to Bogi/Milwaukee) and the pinch is before this deadline, do you think they may just trade him for the best package they can get at the deadline?

51 minutes ago, Diesel said:

If Philly get pinched for working behind the scenes with Harden and the penalty is that they would not be allowed to sign Harden (similar to Bogi/Milwaukee) and the pinch is before this deadline, do you think they may just trade him for the best package they can get at the deadline?

Oh that's a certainty. If they think they're getting pinched they'll either trade for him now and try to smooth it out or they'll move Simmons in a way to reduce their penalty.

If they either trade for Harden or completely move on from it, they won't be penalized nearly as severely.

Edited by thecampster

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, thecampster said:

Oh that's a certainty. If they think they're getting pinched they'll either trade for him now and try to smooth it out or they'll move Simmons in a way to reduce their penalty.

If they either trade for Harden or completely move on from it, they won't be penalized nearly as severely.

This being the case.  A team that really wanted Simmons could easily threaten to be whistleblower to make the deal happen.  

3 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

I’m trying to read your avatar don’t mind me. Incognito 🥸? Is that was that is?

Well if I told you, it wouldn't be now would it?

I used to have my photo then last years AskSupes threads got lots of outside attention and cross postings to Twitter and other social media so I went "dark".

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, bleachkit said:

If nothing else can we get a guy that knows how to defend the three. Our "wing stop" which is now a half serving, was way overrated. 

Toronto took advantage of our bigs on there first few makes.  They played a lot of five out.  Just watch all there made threes here, most were contested, albeit some more lightly than others. 

https://www.nba.com/stats/events/?ContextMeasure=FG3M&EndPeriod=0&EndRange=28800&GameID=0022100767&PlayerID=0&RangeType=0&Season=2021-22&SeasonType=Regular Season&StartPeriod=0&StartRange=0&TeamID=1610612761&flag=3&sct=plot&section=game

1 hour ago, thecampster said:

Well if I told you, it wouldn't be now would it?

I used to have my photo then last years AskSupes threads got lots of outside attention and cross postings to Twitter and other social media so I went "dark".

Ah, you just missed your window to be on BSPN.  Gotta milk that attention, broseph.

You should hire me as your agent.  I would've made you Skip Bayless 2.0 by now .... for a modest fee ....

• Haha 2