• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

My guy has talked around NBA circles of late

NBASupes

1 minute ago, LongTimeFan said:

I drove almost this exact same route back in 1987 with three of my four brothers.  We took three weeks to do it, in a rented car (unlimited miles!!).  I drove up from Atlanta, picked up one brother, drove to Iowa to pick up another, then down to Texas to pick up a third brother.  Over to New Mexico (cresting a hill and seeing all those huge radio telescopes was like being on Mars!), Grand Canyon, Vegas, LA, SF, up to the Redwood Forests, then on to Oregon, back down through Salt Lake City, Denver, Nebraska (Frontier Town - VERY eclectic museum-like place), back to Iowa (drop off a brother), Chicago (drop off a brother), and home to Atlanta. 

Craziest thing, however, was that my older brother had a map of all the tackiest/wackiest roadside attractions in the western USA (like Dinosaur land, largest ball of twine in the world, secret magnetic house, and insane, mostly fake stuff like that) and we used that as our guide, visiting many, many of them - all while NEVER ONCE driving on an expressway and only eating in diners and sleeping in mom and pop motels.  

Yes ... we almost killed each other by the end ... but it was something we all cherish to this day.

We later took a similar trip with all five brothers, and my father, all throughout Europe for a month.  Amazing experience.    

While in Nebraska did you see the barbed wire buffalos???  Or the Chrome Buffalo in Colorado?

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, LongTimeFan said:

I drove almost this exact same route back in 1987 with three of my four brothers.  We took three weeks to do it, in a rented car (unlimited miles!!).  I drove up from Atlanta, picked up one brother, drove to Iowa to pick up another, then down to Texas to pick up a third brother.  Over to New Mexico (cresting a hill and seeing all those huge radio telescopes was like being on Mars!), Grand Canyon, Vegas, LA, SF, up to the Redwood Forests, then on to Oregon, back down through Salt Lake City, Denver, Nebraska (Frontier Town - VERY eclectic museum-like place), back to Iowa (drop off a brother), Chicago (drop off a brother), and home to Atlanta. 

Craziest thing, however, was that my older brother had a map of all the tackiest/wackiest roadside attractions in the western USA (like Dinosaur land, largest ball of twine in the world, secret magnetic house, and insane, mostly fake stuff like that) and we used that as our guide, visiting many, many of them - all while NEVER ONCE driving on an expressway and only eating in diners and sleeping in mom and pop motels.  

Yes ... we almost killed each other by the end ... but it was something we all cherish to this day.

We later took a similar trip with all five brothers, and my father, all throughout Europe for a month.  Amazing experience.    

lol, my thoughts exactly.   By the time we reached Reno I almost Gabby Petito'd my girlfriend, but now I look back at that trip as an amazing once in a lifetime experience.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, thecampster said:

While in Nebraska did you see the barbed wire buffalos???  Or the Chrome Buffalo in Colorado?

Nope.  Wasn't aware of them.  Sounds cool though. 

• Premium Member
39 minutes ago, warcore said:

What were the other 15 states? Texas, ND, SD, Idaho, back to Texas and keep looping? Wyoming bored me to death. 

did you ever stop in Cody Wyoming?   it was a really cool old timey town with a main drag.  Saw Forest Gump there in an old fashioned movie theater.  Very cool city back then.

Edited by shakes

Just now, shakes said:

did you ever stop in Casper Wyoming?   it was a really cool old timey town with a main drag.  Saw Forest Gump there in an old fashioned movie theater.  Very cool city back then.

When I was young (1970s as a teen) I marched in a drum and bugle corps (the Chicago Cavaliers) and we used to have competitions in Casper, Wyoming every few years against another drum corps called the Troopers.  So, yes, I've been there several times and had a great time.  Nice town, nice people.  

Just now, thecampster said:

Grand Junction, Colorado

9b63cbd2add1865941587f60db9cd0b6.jpg

All over Nebraska, this one is at the Pony Express museum,

image.jpeg.40d25bcb585a8b33c5dcb7c735bd0a36.jpeg

Didn't see these ... but I have eaten buffalo/bison burgers many times!  🙂

• Premium Member

Just keeping it BB.

You guys were talking about us getting Hart.  In order to do that,  we're talking:

Wright/Deing for Hart.  Maybe we throw in a pick.

Then we move up the guy from the Skyhawks.

Somebody give me your opinion of how that will look?  Is it better?

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, LongTimeFan said:

When I was young (1970s as a teen) I marched in a drum and bugle corps (the Chicago Cavaliers) and we used to have competitions in Casper, Wyoming every few years against another drum corps called the Troopers.  So, yes, I've been there several times and had a great time.  Nice town, nice people.  

I think I meant Cody, Wyoming, not Casper.

But interesting you had a competition in Casper.  I do remember Casper because when I was in Wyoming they high school state rodeo championship was taking place in Casper and you couldn't find a hotel within 200 miles.  We ended up sleeping in the back of our car in a hotel parking log.  I woke up on a spatula.  

The crap you can do when you're 23 years old.

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, sturt said:

Like him, but he's more of a SG/SF than a SF/PF. Kenrich is beefier, and because of that, a smarter target from where I sit. Of course, the price demanded for Kenny Hustle might seriously mitigate that conclusion.

Oh. Dang. Hart's getting $12m/yr now???

Nah. Not attractive.

• Like 2

• Moderators
1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Anybody watching this guy play in GL?

We could trade Dieng anyway now that we have OO and Capela healthy.   But yes Tillman is legit.  He should get a shot in the NBA because he does everything you want a physical big to do.   Rebound, set screens, hit shots in the lane.   He's physical and quick.

If he does get PT with the Hawks though people will lose their minds that he's jumped ahead of JJ. 

• Moderators
26 minutes ago, thecampster said:

Its not purposeful in Wyoming though. The highway system in the state is mostly federally maintained to support the Air Force Base there and the rail lines and a central point for cattle/crop drop off before hitting the Rockies. There are only 600,000 people in the entire state (bigger than Georgia but less people than Cobb County). Its biggest city has 60,000.  They don't have a huge need for services there and what they do need is maintained by the feds to support the Air Force base.  Unlike say Mississippi where what you're saying is fairly true.  My statement had to do with lower needs for tax dollars because things taxes are normally collected for are all handled by the Feds and Big Agriculture. (Unless you count the data center Microsoft just built in Cheyenne as valuable).  The state is the easiest for data lines to flow through and so was used and has a very large amount of federal lands contained there.

See here for some accurate numbers not fueled by politics.

https://worldpopulationreview.com/state-rankings/federal-aid-by-state

"

The ten states with the highest total federal funding are:

1. California ($43.61 billion)
  2. Texas ($26.90 billion)
  3. Florida ($23.77 billion)
  4. New York ($22.06 billion)
  5. Virginia ($17.68 billion)
  6. Pennsylvania ($15.58 billion)
  7. Illinois ($13.18 billion)
  8. Ohio ($12.57 billion)
  9. North Carolina ($11.31 billion)
  10. Michigan ($10.84 billion)

The ten states with the lowest net federal funding per resident are:

1. New Jersey (-$2,368)
  2. Massachusetts (-$2,343)
  3. New York (-$1,792)
  4. North Dakota (-$720)
  5. Illinois (-$364)
  6. New Hampshire (-$234)
  7. Washington (-$184)
  8. Nebraska (-$164)
  9. Colorado (-$95)
  10. California ($12)

Here are the 10 states with the most federal funding per resident:

1. Virginia ($10,301)
  2. Kentucky ($9,145)
  3. New Mexico ($8,692)
  4. West Virginia ($7,283)
  5. Alaska ($7,048)
  6. Mississippi ($6,880)
  7. Alabama ($6,694)
  8. Maryland ($6,035)
  9. Maine ($5,572)
  10. Hawaii ($5,270)

"

Here is the net contributions / withdrawals from the federal budget.

Top States Who Take More Than They Give

image.png

States Who Give More Than They Take:

image.png

• Like 1

• Moderators
13 minutes ago, sturt said:

Oh. Dang. Hart's getting $12m/yr now???

Nah. Not attractive.

It is kind of crazy when some of these guys move from underpaid to overpaid.  Happens pretty quickly.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
15 minutes ago, Sothron said:

Could we get this back to basketball? I keep wondering if Supes or Campster have been given the ok to report some things that my source passed on to me but I'm not allowed to share.

Or you could just PM me and I won't tell a soul :hmm:....then I'll mysteriously reveal I have a 'friend' in the know.😁

• Haha 4

• Premium Member
14 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

We could trade Dieng anyway now that we have OO and Capela healthy.   But yes Tillman is legit.  He should get a shot in the NBA because he does everything you want a physical big to do.   Rebound, set screens, hit shots in the lane.   He's physical and quick.

If he does get PT with the Hawks though people will lose their minds that he's jumped ahead of JJ. 

We have an open roster spot as well. 

30 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Just keeping it BB.

You guys were talking about us getting Hart.  In order to do that,  we're talking:

Wright/Deing for Hart.  Maybe we throw in a pick.

Then we move up the guy from the Skyhawks.

Somebody give me your opinion of how that will look?  Is it better?

Why would you pay to get a lesser version of the same player?