• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

My guy has talked around NBA circles of late

NBASupes

2 minutes ago, JTB said:

You’re probably right but I can’t think of any other potential trade that’s been discussed that has divided the fan base where some liked the trade and some didn’t…so it definitely has to be about Simmons…but hey we will see.

Maybe JC is getting traded, but not for Simmons. Dont see the point in trading Bogi or Gallo, may as well keep them. Highly doubt we are trading OO or Hunter. It's hard to see what major move would be out there.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, JTB said:

You’re probably right but I can’t think of any other potential trade that’s been discussed that has divided the fan base where some liked the trade and some didn’t…so it definitely has to be about Simmons…but hey we will see.

The interesting thing to me is - if you believe the insiders - Trae is the one driving the Simmons bus with Travis.  If he thinks it will work and wants Ben, I'm on board because Trae is a very smart player and has to understand what that means for the team and for him. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, REHawksFan said:

The interesting thing to me is - if you believe the insiders - Trae is the one driving the Simmons bus with Travis.  If he thinks it will work and wants Ben, I'm on board because Trae is a very smart player and has to understand what that means for the team and for him. 

If JC get traded, It's because Trae wanted him traded. Not trying to start drama, I'm just saying...

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

If JC get traded, It's because Trae wanted him traded. Not trying to start drama, I'm just saying...

I'm not there yet. I haven't seen anything that would say Trae wants JC gone. I just don't think Trae has made it known he wants JC protected. IOW, I think Trae is OK with trading him for a star like Ben but isn't activity lobbying for JC to be traded. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

Yup but I believe personally that Trae, Resseler, and Schlenk is driving the Simmons bus pretty hard. I really believe that Schlenk and his staff sees Simmons as their draymond green type player that can do even more…. Schlenk is  just trying to steer towards the best possible route in acquiring Simmons are my thoughts.  

1 minute ago, bleachkit said:

I don’t believe this because Trae is just saying….hey I want to play with Simmons but he didn’t give any direction  on how he wants Simmons to get here.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, REHawksFan said:

I'm not there yet. I haven't seen anything that would say Trae wants JC gone. I just don't think Trae has made it known he wants JC protected. IOW, I think Trae is OK with trading him for a star like Ben but isn't activity lobbying for JC to be traded. 

That's probably fair. I think there's a 40 to 50% chance JC gets traded. As we saw with Cam, the trade rumors are real. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I don't see such a big in-season trade happening with 32 games left and the team trying to stay in the playoff hunt and having to incorporate a guy that hasn't played all year and will have to learn the system and teammates.

It would almost be a punt on the season in some respects. 

• Premium Member
28 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

YARN | - You want me gone, boy ? - Yes, sir. | Major Payne (1995) | Video  gifs by quotes | 5445af1b | 紗

• Premium Member
37 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

the trade rumors are  were real.

Fixed.

Since the streak began, I'm of the persuasion that every JC rumor you've read has been refurbished from the weeks before, and as one of the most useful levers for keeping the clicks coming... so very many NBA fans lust for JC on their team, it's a no-brainer for all the rumor bloggers.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, sturt said:

Fixed.

Since the streak began, I'm of the persuasion that every JC rumor you've read has been refurbished from the weeks before, and as one of the most useful levers for keeping the clicks coming... so very many NBA fans lust for JC on their team, it's a no-brainer for all the rumor bloggers.

That's certainly possible

52 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I don't see such a big in-season trade happening with 32 games left and the team trying to stay in the playoff hunt and having to incorporate a guy that hasn't played all year and will have to learn the system and teammates.

What system?  Stand around and watch Trae dribble the shot clock out?

• Premium Member
8 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Would you do a John Collins + 1st rounder for Josh Hart and Zion Williamson?

This is my insider call for the day.

New Orleans has every reason to get rid of Zion Williamson. 

1.  He's out of shape. 

2.  He has a broken foot. 

3.   He's doesn't want to be there. 

4.   He's not using the team doctor (similar to Simmons). 

If you look down the line, it doesn't look good for them.  So they can salvage what they can now. 

If we're intent on moving Collins.   Why not Williamson?  Trae and Williamson are friends... from Team USA and other things.  Williamson is a finisher.   The only thing is could he be motivated to lose the weight?  Could somebody hook him up with a personal trainer and a personal chef and make sure that he's putting the right things in his body. 

New Orleans gets John Collins.  They have a wealth of Bigs.. (Centers) who are all good.  And they have Brandon Ingram.   Given Ingram/Collins and 3 years to work it out.  They could move one of their Centers for a decent shooter.  Or draft one.   If I'm them I'm making the Collins trade and then seeing if LAC will bite on a Valenciunias for Kennard deal. 

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, Watchman said:

Because Zion is so overweight, I think he will have ongoing injury problems.  I'd pass on Collins/pick for Zion.

I don't disagree with you.  His foot injury gives me lots of pause.  And he doesn't stretch the defense.   BUT

27/7/3 last year.    That's with poor PG play and no real outside shooters. 

If it were possible to get him in.. remake him and get him down to say 265...  He would be a monster.  But thats the dream.  The reality is that I'm guessing he's more like 340 right now.  But I don't think he has motivators. 

Zion would definitely be a project.   High Risk.  High Reward. 

• Premium Member
57 minutes ago, Sothron said:

I believe other media outlets have repeated it so it isn't violating my source's trust. Trae and Ben want to play together. Trae has been pushing for a trade for Ben for some time now..... They have both have talked about what it would mean to play together.

I trust you. But this is completely news to me. I can't say I've read from any media outlet these things. I just googled to see if there was something obvious that I've missed... no luck. Again, I trust your assertions on their face. I'd just like to read for myself one or more of these media outlets' stories.