• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

My guy has talked around NBA circles of late

NBASupes

23 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

We don't do well on the Squawk with our downtime when Hawks have 2 days off. :laugh1:....the off the rail topics are instant classics, lolololol.

How did we get through the tank years?  Yeeeesh.

Well I guess we were all unified in wanting to talk draft.  Just differed on who to pick.

Can you believe some jacklegs wanted that Bamba guy over Trae?  You gotta be a special kind of idiot to want that.

Of course, I was always on the Trae bandwagon.  Of course.  'Cause, I mean who has the time to look back and pull receipts on that, amirite?

200w.webp?cid=ecf05e472xzyq77anh4f0k3vsd

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, kg01 said:

How did we get through the tank years?  Yeeeesh.

Well I guess we were all unified in wanting to talk draft.  Just differed on who to pick.

Can you believe some jacklegs wanted that Bamba guy over Trae?  You gotta be a special kind of idiot to want that.

Of course, I was always on the Trae bandwagon.  Of course.  'Cause, I mean who has the time to look back and pull receipts on that, amirite?

200w.webp?cid=ecf05e472xzyq77anh4f0k3vsd

I remember those days. A 1000 page thread arguing Bagley vs JJJ. Then we took Young in a trade down, board was in complete shock. Those were the days.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Sothron said:

I would do that trade. I really like Bogi but having Simmons while keeping JC would be ideal.

I would do it too just I struggle to see what the starting lineup would be. Simmons can't start at the 5. JC absolutely can't start at the 5. If you acquire simmons then he is your starting 3 with hunter at the 2?

The lineup of trae hunter simmons jc capela/big O works just weird to think of hunter as a two guard.

• Like 1

• Moderators
9 minutes ago, Mikey said:

I would do it too just I struggle to see what the starting lineup would be. Simmons can't start at the 5. JC absolutely can't start at the 5. If you acquire simmons then he is your starting 3 with hunter at the 2?

The lineup of trae hunter simmons jc capela/big O works just weird to think of hunter as a two guard.

yeah why wouldn't Simmons be the 2 guard?   Not that it really matters because it's simmons/hunter either way.  I'm not a fan of Simmons but that's a pretty good lineup.  

20 minutes ago, thecampster said:

Audible sigh!  There is a significant amount that goes into trades that go beyond is player A = player B.  Cap and future cap play a huge part as does fit, player reputation, marketing, team need and future trades. No trade looks right on the surface but there is nuance to every trade that mere mortals can't begin to understand.

Try to remember there are 2 firsts and Wright in there too as well as Philly cutting $6 million salary as well as sneaking under the LT line and saving another $9 million Tax this year + getting them out of repeat offender status.

I think the pride of a man is one of these things. And that man is Daryl Morey. Just can't see him settling for Bogi when he's insisted on getting a top 25 player in return for Simmons this whole time. That might not be Simmons market, but that's what Morey has chosen to put out there. And as such, the media and basketball community would consider that trade an L for Morey. I don't see him taking that L.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Same lineup but you could view it as:

PG - Simmons
SG - Trae

SF - Hunter

PF - JBap

C - Clint/OO
with Trae and Ben sharing playmaking duties

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Steve Bulpett of Heavy:

Multiple sources have told Heavy.com that, absent the team getting its act together and playing more to its potential, Brown could be the one to acknowledge that the mix isn’t right and seek a move.

@Sothron @thecampster

tenor.gif?itemid=7237545

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Steve Bulpett of Heavy:

Multiple sources have told Heavy.com that, absent the team getting its act together and playing more to its potential, Brown could be the one to acknowledge that the mix isn’t right and seek a move.

@Sothron @thecampster

tenor.gif?itemid=7237545

You know what’s interesting about Jaylen Brown and anything Celtics related…if anyone listens to nba radio as often as I do Brian Scalabrine who still has ties to the Celtics organization shoots down any and all trades regarding any of the Celtics good players almost every other morning! Lol

he rants on about it quite often and I will say that though I’m not really a fan of white mamba I believe him for the most part. Celtics aren’t trading away any of their core ….the only guy that Brian gets mad over but don’t explode on as if he’s KNOWS for sure is Marcus Smart lol….he likes Smart a lot but he’s the one guy where he says “I just don’t understand why they’d do it”….oppose to any other core guy it’s “ CELTICS ARE NOT MOVING (insert name here)!!!!!!”

Edited by JTB

8 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Steve Bulpett of Heavy:

@Sothron @thecampster

tenor.gif?itemid=7237545

Assuming this is Jaylen Brown?  If so, the c's have won 3 in a row and are just 3 games out of 6th and 5.5 out of 1st.  What does "getting their act together" even mean anymore?  

If it's not Jaylen then ignore everything I just said.  LOL

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, JTB said:

You know what’s interesting about Jaylen Brown and anything Celtics related…if anyone listens to nba radio as often as I do Brian Scalabrine who still has ties to the Celtics organization shoots down any and all trades regarding any of the Celtics good players almost every other morning! Lol

he rants on about it quite often and I will say that though I’m not really a fan of white mamba I believe him for the most part. Celtics aren’t trading away any of their core ….the only guy that Brian gets mad over but don’t explode on as if he’s KNOWS for sure is Marcus Smart lol….he likes Smart a lot but he’s the one guy where he says “I just don’t understand why they’d do it”….oppose to any other core guy it’s “ CELTICS ARE NOT MOVING (insert name here)”

Does skal still HATE Trae?  Every time I've heard him he's been disparaging toward the Hawks and Trae.  Can't stand that guy. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

Does skal still HATE Trae?  Every time I've heard him he's been disparaging toward the Hawks and Trae.  Can't stand that guy. 

He’s lightened up a little bit but you can’t tell he still hates him.

Cel

24 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Steve Bulpett of Heavy:

@Sothron @thecampster

tenor.gif?itemid=7237545

Celtics rumor....oh wait it is February.

• Haha 2

• Premium Member
27 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Steve Bulpett of Heavy:

@Sothron @thecampster

tenor.gif?itemid=7237545

Are the Three Musketeers down to two?  Is someone in timeout or on Sabbatical or just busy?

• Premium Member
50 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Steve Bulpett of Heavy:

@Sothron @thecampster

tenor.gif?itemid=7237545

As I said before, Travis's magic wand wish list would be Brown, Simmons and KAT in some kind of order. He's already asked about Brown and was told the Celtics aren't moving either Brown or Tatum. Not much more to go on when a team says the only two players of real value on their roster are untouchable.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2