• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

My guy has talked around NBA circles of late

NBASupes

• Premium Member
29 minutes ago, kg01 said:

We cannot trade Gallo mainly because I seriously doubt we can return anything substantive so it'd just be doing a deal to do a deal which is a waste.  He means too much to the team.

Yea, and if we can't afford to keep him next season so be it. We'll have the money we save and hopefully can sign someone else in free agency.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
Just now, JayBirdHawk said:

I have been a fan, but I watched him closely when we played them last week....he plays with his head down on offense, tunnel vision, he's not a good passer, prone to turnovers when trying to be a playmaker and defense isn't as once advertised. What he's good at is ISOing to score and that boy Skrong.

For what it would cost (if Boston was moving him) I'd pass.

His finishing through contact was unbelievable.  I genuinely thought it was a fluke he was making a couple buckets after crashing into bodies and even getting the ball jarred a couple times but he made it every time.  Other than that, I'm not terribly impressed.  I love him as a person but I think he's another player like Cam where the idea of him is much more attractive than him as a player.  If he chooses to work hard and develop his game, he can be a monster -- someone that watches him more could probably comment on any improvements he's making on his game.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, kg01 said:

We cannot trade Gallo mainly because I seriously doubt we can return anything substantive so it'd just be doing a deal to do a deal which is a waste.  He means too much to the team.

With Joe Harris out long term, Brooklyn needs shooting. They might offer us a 2027 conditional 2nd round pick. 

• Haha 2

• Premium Member
12 minutes ago, Atlantaholic said:

Yea, and if we can't afford to keep him next season so be it. We'll have the money we save and hopefully can sign someone else in free agency.

Here's the conundrum.

Imagine us winning the big trophy.

Imagine Gallo having played a similar role in that achievement to how he performed last post season.

Remember Ressler has said we obviously cannot expect to pay everyone, but that if we're a great team, he expects to pay tax, and the "best" players will be kept.

That changes the equation? Would you want Ressler to bring back Gallo someway somehow... no?

• Like 1

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

His finishing through contact was unbelievable.  I genuinely thought it was a fluke he was making a couple buckets after crashing into bodies and even getting the ball jarred a couple times but he made it every time.  Other than that, I'm not terribly impressed.  I love him as a person but I think he's another player like Cam where the idea of him is much more attractive than him as a player.  If he chooses to work hard and develop his game, he can be a monster -- someone that watches him more could probably comment on any improvements he's making on his game.

He's a very good player. Much better than any of our wings. He isn't better than Bogi was second half of last season, but well, Bogi isn't really that good either, probably never will have a 30 game stretch like that again. Overall he would be a big upgrade at the 2 guard spot.

However, is he hands down upgrade over John Collins as a player? Not sure. His value overall is around that of JCs  IMO. If we do this move it's because we believe Onyeka can take over the PF spot. As I said earlier, I'd actually really prefer a Capella for Brown exchange if we could do it. I'd even be willing to overpay and throw in a Bogi and pick.