• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

My guy has talked around NBA circles of late

NBASupes

• Premium Member
12 minutes ago, sturt said:

And/but many Hawks fans' biggest criticism last post-season around these parts was that we weren't big enough to stay with MIL, and needed to do something about that.

I think it was more about playing small. IIRC, @TheNorthCydeRises rises was pushing using the big line up of Gallo, Collins, Capela/OO more.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
7 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Didn’t work with what I offered.

D909607C-8F41-4C0E-AEE2-0D0AE6613A84.jpeg

But I'm also keeping my eye on what happens with Thad Young this week... what a super acquisition he would be if we could somehow bring him on after a buyout.

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member

Yes, Thad and Nate are mutual admirers, so we'd have that going for us. Hard to see Thad coming here, though, if he's not guaranteed a place in the rotation, ie on the second unit. There almost certainly will be other playoff teams that can offer that.

The dream today is a trade for Kenny Hustle and Moose from OKC, and Thad signed from SAS after a buyout following the deadline... but it's probably an either/or proposition, not both.

2022-02-06_10-22-47.png

28 minutes ago, sturt said:

Dunno, Jay. I read a lot of posts and threads complaining that we just weren't big enough to take the physicality of a team like MIL. A lot.

(I didn't agree with them.)

I've always disputed this as well.

Milwaukee's bigs did not kill us, it was their wings who took advantage of Trae and crashed the glass hard.

Giannis led them with 10 rpg, but after that 6-5 PJ Tucker, 6-3 Jrue Holiday, and 6-5 Pat Connaughton were their next leading rebounders against us.

Whoever Trae was guarding, they always attacked the glass once the shot went up. Whenever we had the ball, Trae's defender was the one running in. 

Milwaukee's bigs were active in keeping balls alive, but having wings coming in clean is how they dominated the glass. It was always 3v2 or 4v2  on the glass. Portis and Lopez didn't have a single game with double digit rebounds. But PJ Tucker did, and Trae was almost always guarding him on defense.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, SerbianHawk said:

What attittude problems?

Not sure if Hart has attitude problems, but @gurpilo may be referring to my post on page 131 where I highlight videos of his play and his on/off court mindset. Here's that post quoted here: 

10 hours ago, djjob23 said:

Makes sense, but moving either Bogi or K'Von for Hart seems like more of a financially motivated move. To me, he seems to be a good player on a bad team and a little bit of a head case. Willie Green has been great for his play this year, but take NOP away and I'm not sure if he can embrace our team-first mentality with likely less time on the court (currently gets 33.4mpg). We already know K'Von and Bogi both are team first and care about winning. However, I do like his style of play. TS has gained my trust and I'm sure he'll take team chemistry into account. In case anyone's interested, here's some video showing his play and on/off court mindset:

Hart's 2020-21 Highlights:

A good listen about how mad he got about his new contract last offseason:

Upset Hart (not sure why) rips his his jersey just a couple weeks ago:

Hart deliberately hands Jaxson Hayes the ball to avoid recording a shot clock violation turnover:

With how much Willie Green has helped him this season, these reactions to his free agency experience, and some on court situations seem like red flags to me. He's playing emotionally this year and I worry he's more focused on his own success over his team. 

Hart's stats look good, but they seem more situational as he plays 33.4mpg on a bad team (somebody's gotta produce). Hart looks to mainly play SF and PF for New Orleans this year (they play a lot of small ball) and was mainly their backup SF last year. I think his rebounding stats could be inflated due to playing mainly with sup-par rebounders (Ingram & Jones). To help, here's a link to their most used lineups so far this year:

https://www.nba.com/stats/team/1610612740/lineups-advanced/?sort=MIN&dir=1&Season=2021-22&SeasonType=Regular Season

Would Hart be as productive as K'Von or Bogi playing fewer minutes (can he handle it emotionally)? Could he be more of a stat padder than a team player? If so, I don't think he's a good fit for our chemistry.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Spud2nique said:

Didn’t work with what I offered.

D909607C-8F41-4C0E-AEE2-0D0AE6613A84.jpeg

Two things...1. Hawks can't take on that much salary and 2. Can't include Knox with other players (I just made that same error, lol). Speaking of Thad...

• Thanks 1

hace 55 minutos, kg01 dijo:

I was a big advocate for going out to get Hart to replace Wright, but that was well before Delon started playing well/better.

That's the level Hart is on.  He's atleast one level below Heurter and Bogd, so these deals for them are non-starters for me.

Speaking of non-starter, thats what Hart would be for us and 29 other NBA teams.  Doesn't mean he's not a good player.  Just means he has a role he should be in and, now that Delon has shown up, that role for us is no longer vacant.

If that is the case how can you explain he has better advanced stats than Bogi, Huerter or even Hunter? We are not talking volume stats, we are talking impact on the game, he is better on any metric you may chose. 

I did not like what I saw on that videos but his impact on winning is much bigger than Huerter or Bogi or even Hunter. 

I an sorry but a trade for Delon is a joke for NO unless he is a problem on the lockeroom.  

9 minutes ago, gurpilo said:

If that is the case how can you explain he has better advanced stats than Bogi, Huerter or even Hunter? We are not talking volume stats, we are talking impact on the game, he is better on any metric you may chose. 

I did not like what I saw on that videos but his impact on winning is much bigger than Huerter or Bogi or even Hunter. 

I an sorry but a trade for Delon is a joke for NO unless he is a problem on the lockeroom.  

If he's a problem in the locker room then this is a dead issue for us.

And the short answer on the stats thing is that I'm one of few who think people put way too much emphasis on metrics.

• Like 2