• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

My guy has talked around NBA circles of late

NBASupes

2 hours ago, NBASupes said:

A lot of rumors going on right now and hardly anything around the Hawks. There is serious belief that Brooklyn and Philly won't agree on a deal. Brooklyn wants a lot of unprotected picks if Harden is moved for Simmons. It's not a match for match proposal. 

Atlanta tried to make moves but everything is a 70% on the dollar deal which they were willing to do for Reddish but not for the others. Don't expect any moves from Atlanta even though they want to do a deal but only the right deal. 

Atlanta has spoke to Toronto about Siakam and Dragic. If there is a massive move, it will be for one of those guys. JC is seen as a value player with a big contract at a position where those players are more common on the market. It's not the demand you would imagine honestly. Teams are looking for true centers more than JCs type of PF which is normal. We experienced the same with Millsap.

What would a Siakam deal look like for Atlanta?

• Premium Member

So from what I'm hearing: our recent play has shifted FO thinking about keeping. Ben Simmons would be here if Philly would pull the trigger but Morey has Harden on the brain and that's a no go. Apparently the thinking that we gave up on Cam for so little has led to other teams devaluing our players in attempted trade offers. The belief is we are going to ride this out unless teams start coming down on asking prices at the deadline.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

Yea I don't see the team doing nothing and ride this thing until the end and hopefully we can catch lightning in the bottle again, but the East is too deep this year, and we might be in the play in game or out of the playoff period.

I dont see nobody come in and help this team.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

58 minutes ago, Sothron said:

So from what I'm hearing: our recent play has shifted FO thinking about keeping. Ben Simmons would be here if Philly would pull the trigger but Morey has Harden on the brain and that's a no go. Apparently the thinking that we gave up on Cam for so little has led to other teams devaluing our players in attempted trade offers. The belief is we are going to ride this out unless teams start coming down on asking prices at the deadline.

Damn….. @NBASupes called it and I agreed wholeheartedly.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Working theory here is that the team spent a lot of energy, both physical and mental, in winning that PHX game, and that...

(a) the TOR game was largely a consequence of drained emotional energy coupled with being on the road and playing in a near-empty arena, and

(b) this game tonight was more a testimony to what happens to legs after 3 games in 4 days--shooting suffers.

But as we all know, this is crunch time. Whether you call them "excuses" or "reasons," doesn't matter. This team and coaching staff have to answer the bell practically every game now.

If we were a team of a narrow 7-8 man rotation, I'd be discouraged. But we're a team with a 9-10 man rotation. Believe our guys are capable.

With just two games this week, and against teams on the down side of the competitive cycle, would like to think we'll get our legs back, and go into those 3 games vs BOS, CLE and ORL next week with a serious chance to sweep.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Sothron said:

So from what I'm hearing: our recent play has shifted FO thinking about keeping. Ben Simmons would be here if Philly would pull the trigger but Morey has Harden on the brain and that's a no go. 

Reading this again is this something you can go into detail on ? If not understood.

I will leave my comments to myself but that part is interesting but I won’t say why. 

• Premium Member
51 minutes ago, JTB said:

Reading this again is this something you can go into detail on ? If not understood.

I will leave my comments to myself but that part is interesting but I won’t say why. 

Morey is willing to sacrifice the rest of this season to get Harden in the offseason. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Sothron said:

Morey is willing to sacrifice the rest of this season to get Harden in the offseason. 

I am so rooting for that whole thing to blow up in their faces.  I have no doubts that Harden mailed in the past few games thinking he's getting dealt or, at worst, was actively self-tanking.  Shouldn't be rewarded.

• Like 4

10 hours ago, Sothron said:

"Our recent play"

Did they watch this team last night vs Luka, Jalen, and scrubs?(mostly just the scrubs)

I dont trust this squad at all.... lol

11 hours ago, ShooterSays said:

Zach LaVine will be an unrestricted FA this summer. Doubt Chicago let’s him go, but this offense needs another consistent scorer. 

You can remove all doubt.....

• Moderators

Just seems like mgt has got to realize that this season is what it is.  We're likely in the play in and probably unlikely to make a deep run whether we make a move or not.   any move we make now has to be about next year and beyond which means trades that are only available at the deadline for some reason.  Otherwise we're probably better waiting until the offseason.  

• Like 1