• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

My guy has talked around NBA circles of late

NBASupes

16 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Just seems like mgt has got to realize that this season is what it is.  We're likely in the play in and probably unlikely to make a deep run whether we make a move or not.   any move we make now has to be about next year and beyond which means trades that are only available at the deadline for some reason.  Otherwise we're probably better waiting until the offseason.  

Sad/true.  With the way we've handled things within our control, we've made our bed.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Just seems like mgt has got to realize that this season is what it is.  We're likely in the play in and probably unlikely to make a deep run whether we make a move or not.   any move we make now has to be about next year and beyond which means trades that are only available at the deadline for some reason.  Otherwise we're probably better waiting until the offseason.  

If we make a move, let's make a move that helps us going forward. We know what our weaknesses are, secondary ball handler, secondary scorer and most importantly, perimeter defense. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, thecampster said:

Interest in Kevin Huerter around the league has picked back up again heading into the deadline regardless of the poison pill.  In this case, its a help not a hinderance.  

There is a possibility it is Kevin and not Bogi that is packaged with JC or Gallo to bring back a legit star. The teams feel Kevin is more talented than he is able to show in Atlanta and contending teams like the stabilizing effect he brings. Expect to hear Kevin's name in a lot of chatter the next few days.

Dieng is getting a bit of interest but not a ton we can take back.

Knox has gotten a bit of interest in a 1 for 1 deal (allowed) but nothing too strong just yet.

We're pushing to include Wright in deals, teams are not pushing us.

Teams have called about the availability of our rooks.

Errbody should be available for the right return.  But I'd hate to lose K'Von.  That "stabilizing effect" works for the Hawks too.  Not eager to give it up. 

• Like 4

• Premium Member
On 2/3/2022 at 1:34 PM, thecampster said:

I really hope we trade Bogi.   Don't even care what we get in return.  I've identified his as the @1 reason our team sucks.    He is easily the worst defender on the team.  he is also easily the dumbest player on the team.   Well, he's either really dumb or really lazy, take your pick.   I'm so sick of watching this moron put his hands on his head like woah is me every time he blows an assignment and gives up a wide open layup.

I swear the only time he hustles on defense is when he trying to commit a take foul.  Which, BTW, he did the other night while the opponents were on a 2-4.  I repeat, A TWO ON FOUR.   And this Euro trash is taking intentional fouls.  Of course he immediately put his hands on his head to acknowledge what a moron he is so I guess it's ok.

He is 100% ruining this team and he is 100% the main reason our perimeter defense is the absolute worst in the league.

• Haha 1

• Premium Member

Friends.

Don't let any single game or couple of games get you too pumped or too bummed.

I present to you Exhibit A.

This is a season where by almost any measure, there are no invincibles above us. There just aren't.

2022-02-07_09-19-08.png

And Exhibit B.

This is the rollercoaster ride of one of the participants in this Sunday's big event... maybe @TheNorthCydeRises would like to comment on what he's just experienced. I'd especially love to hear about that first Ravens win, and then, that Jets loss.... hehe.

2022-02-07_09-17-36.png

Just sayin.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

13 minutes ago, sturt said:

Friends.

Don't let any single game or couple of games get you too pumped or too bummed.

I present to you Exhibit A.

This is a season where by almost any measure, there are no invincibles above us. There just aren't.

2022-02-07_09-19-08.png

And Exhibit B.

This is the rollercoaster ride of one of the participants in this Sunday's big event... maybe @TheNorthCydeRises would like to comment on what he's just experienced. I'd especially love to hear about that first Ravens win, and then, that Jets loss.... hehe.

2022-02-07_09-17-36.png

Just sayin.

I agree with this, but we also have to understand that the Hawks - for whatever reason - don't seem quite as put together as they were the second half of last season and into the playoffs.  And therefore, they also are not to be considered an invincible team.  

It's not out of the realm that they go 19-10 or 20-9 to finish the season with 44-45 wins.  And that might be good enough for the 6th seed.  But that could just as easily be good enough for the 9th seed.  Or they could go 15-14 and end up with the 10th seed. 

The point is, despite being a wide open Eastern conference, this team doesn't appear to be positioned well enough to take advantage of it (or they surely would have prior to now).  I say that to say IF there's a move to be made to get better this year or in the years ahead, I'm open to it.  I'm no longer persuaded that this team, in its current state, is sufficient to make a run despite how seemingly unspectacular the East is at the moment. 

(And not for nothing but there's still a part of me that says just make the 7 game series and watch Trae pick apart a Chicago or Cleveland or Philly).  

• Premium Member

I'll die a bit if we bring McCollum over and his awful contract.  2 more years on his deal and at $33M/$36M.  He fixes one problem we have on offense but makes our defense even worse, which is hard to do considering how bad it already is.

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, JeffS17 said:

I'll die a bit if we bring McCollum over and his awful contract.  2 more years on his deal and at $33M/$36M.  He fixes one problem we have on offense but makes our defense even worse, which is hard to do considering how bad it already is.

I don't see how he makes our defense worse.   He's not a worse defender than Bogi.   At worst, he's just as bad while being a much better offensive player.

1 minute ago, ShooterSays said:

Both fixes problems and brings problems.

My Take on CJ:

Trae and CJ would be a outstanding offensively gifted backcourt just like Dame and CJ but CJ would just be another body you have to cover just as much as Trae. Defensively we probably get worse while adding more to offense and another guy who can go get his own shot! But man would Hunter, Collins, Capela have their hands full covering this small ass backcourt.

on the flip side I can see it working in the regular season just not sure about the playoffs.

My Take on Smart:

As far as Marcus Smart goes …he’d bring defense at the SG position we don’t currently have. His impact on the defensive end would showcase right away on this team and he’s a capable spot up shooter. He doesn’t resolve the fact that we need another hall handler who can go get his own shot however unless the FO has belief that Hunter and Collins are enough offensively along with Trae (which I don’t agree with but that’s my opinion).

• Like 1

• Premium Member
Just now, shakes said:

I don't see how he makes our defense worse.   He's not a worse defender than Bogi.   At worst, he's just as bad while being a much better offensive player.

Bogi doesn't start right now, Heurter does.  And CJ isn't coming off the bench if we acquire him.  He makes our primary units defense worse.  CJ is a lateral move on a bigger contract any way you slice it.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

I don’t know if I’d die but man it would be tough to figure out the defense at that point with a small backcourt. They’d likely get easily bullied to the goal ….we’d be force to play some kind of zone.

Offensively I’d be curious if CJ has another level to his offense game playing with an elite playmaking point like Trae. Dame is more of a scorer than he is a playmaker.

• Premium Member
Just now, JTB said:

don’t know if I’d die but man it would be tough to figure out the defense at that point with a small backcourt. They’d likely get easily bullied to the goal ….we’d be force to play some kind of zone.

We'd be Portland East.  No way can you justify Trae/McCollum back court if you're truly trying to win a chip imo

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

We'd be Portland East.  No way can you justify Trae/McCollum back court if you're truly trying to win a chip imo

I agree with this and I’m not saying we should go through with it but there was a point where the blazers found a way to play great defense with these two in the backcourt….it was the season blazers went to the WCF.

if I recall right .

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Sothron said:

I would rather get Josh Hart than either of them. Smart is overrated on defense and he can't shoot. He also isn't a playmaker or ballhandler.

CJ is a good offensive player but if you think Bogi is bad on defense oh boy. Imagine Bogi without the height/wingspan or even the willingness to engage on defense. 

Hasn't Hart's perimeter shooting gotten worse every year in the league? He's currently shooting 32% while Smart is at 30%.  Neither are exactly lighting it up and would be a downgrade from Kev or Bogi, imo.  

Not sure any of these 3 are terribly intriguing to me. 

• Premium Member
7 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

Hasn't Hart's perimeter shooting gotten worse every year in the league? He's currently shooting 32% while Smart is at 30%.  Neither are exactly lighting it up and would be a downgrade from Kev or Bogi, imo.  

Not sure any of these 3 are terribly intriguing to me. 

hart is a better defender than Kev/Bogi but not quite the outside shooter of either one. He's also a better defender by far than both Bogi and Kevin combined. Hart is a better fit for us than Smart/CJ if we are exploring outside realistic SG options.