• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

My guy has talked around NBA circles of late

NBASupes

17 minutes ago, Sothron said:

I would rather get Josh Hart than either of them. Smart is overrated on defense and he can't shoot. He also isn't a playmaker or ballhandler.

CJ is a good offensive player but if you think Bogi is bad on defense oh boy. Imagine Bogi without the height/wingspan or even the willingness to engage on defense. 

This times 1000. People think getting CJ is a good idea because we lack shot creation/playmaking aside from Trae. Wait till you see McCollum on defense and have to hide trae with a 6'4 guard aside him. The bottom 5 defense already would almost guarantee fall to 30th

• Like 3

• Premium Member
20 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

Bogi doesn't start right now, Heurter does.  And CJ isn't coming off the bench if we acquire him.  He makes our primary units defense worse.  CJ is a lateral move on a bigger contract any way you slice it.

I would say the same thing I said about Huerter as I said about Bogi, just to a lesser degree.   They both suck on defense and have a tendency to take naps rather than pay attention to the weakside cutters.   

• Like 2

• Premium Member
39 minutes ago, shakes said:

I would say the same thing I said about Huerter as I said about Bogi, just to a lesser degree.   They both suck on defense and have a tendency to take naps rather than pay attention to the weakside cutters.   

I'm with you.  At some point, you have to point to the coach or we need a vocal leader on defense to keep people in check.  Bogi is a lot worse than Heurter from what I've seen.  He's constantly ball watching then scrambling as soon as a pass is made

• Like 2

• Premium Member
18 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

I'm with you.  At some point, you have to point to the coach or we need a vocal leader on defense to keep people in check.  Bogi is a lot worse than Heurter from what I've seen.  He's constantly ball watching then scrambling as soon as a pass is made

they both suck and get caught spectating way too much, but I definitely agree that Bogi is worse.  

Either way, the are both pathetic.   They literally get to stand around and watch on most of the offensive possessions yet they can't be bothered to bust their asses 100% on the other end of the court.    I don't understand what they are saving their energy for.  Do they play in a late night pickleball league we don't know about?  I hear that's really popular these days.

It's no secret that Dallas has been pining for JC for a while now.  I saw a Twitter saying they were "re-entering talks for Collins" although it was skeptical that any deal could be done.   

I'm just curious, if Dallas was saying they want to pair JC with Luka and anyone else on their roster was available, is there any combination of players that would be acceptable to you for the Hawks?  What would a "reasonable" deal look like for JC with Dallas. 

For instance, the following trade works but would it move the needle for any of you from a Hawks perspective?   

Dallas gets:  John Collins, Delon Wright

Hawks get:  Dwight Powell, Reggie Bullock, Maxi Kleiber , Jalen Brunson

In reality, I can't imagine Dallas would do that, but if they would, I think I'd do it from a Hawks perspective.  Bullock, Kleiber and Brunson can all shoot, Brunson would give the Hawks a secondary playmaker, Bullock can play D on the wing, and Kleiber can board and play PF.  Powell would be an extra young C if they trade Clint down the road.  None of them seem to be on horrible contracts either.  

2 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Leaves us too schmall.  Porzingo would have to be involved on any JC deal imho.

Not saying that's what I would do.  If it were me, there's no good trade between these two teams.  But if there is a DAL trade, I'd say it'd have to center on JC for Porzingo.

KP is a complete non-starter to me.  Wouldn't take him under virtually any circumstances given his contract and injury situation.   As for size, I can only assume you mean too small in the backcourt with Jalen and Trae since Powell and Kleiber are both bigger than JC.  And I don't disagree, but they already play Trae with Lou a good bit, not sure it gets much worse defensively than that.  Brunson has impressed me as a scrappy little dude too.  

I just think that haul meets a lot of what the Hawks need and would be about the best the Mavs could do to get JC.  Maybe it's still not enough though.  

• Premium Member

The Hawks have zero interest in being a lottery team, especially after making it to the Eastern Conference finals last season, so they’re going to continue to be aggressive on the trade market.......

I’ve actually heard some chatter on a Smart-Bogdanović trade framework in the past few days. Whether or not it actually materializes is a different thing.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
16 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

Dallas gets:  John Collins, Delon Wright

Hawks get:  Dwight Powell, Reggie Bullock, Maxi Kleiber , Jalen Brunson

No. Pass

Are you then willing to pay Brunson $20 per next season to backup Trae? He is also an UFA so can choose not to resign if he's looking for a starting gig.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, REHawksFan said:

The point is, despite being a wide open Eastern conference, this team doesn't appear to be positioned well enough to take advantage of it (or they surely would have prior to now).

Well, wait.  8-3 since Dre got back, and McM has mainly had a fully available roster for the first time this season.

Again. I would just repeat.

Don't let the 2 losses in 3 games bum you (universal you) out.... in the last 11, we've beaten the best team in the league and have a 7 game win streak.

We have 2 games in the next 6 days. We're going to get some rest this week... for a change.

Then, we've got 3 in 4 days again, but it's not too much to imagine... by any means... that we go into those 3 in 4 days with 2 wins, and some momentum that allows that to expand to 5 wins... or at least 4 of 5.

Thus, going from 8-3 to 12-4... I'm no math whiz, but my calculator says that's .750 ball (!).,.. is not even remotely a pipe dream... and neither is 13-3, but let's stay conservative.

Believe I also read that we have one of the easier schedules in the league remaining.

We're young. We're hungry. We haven't any invincible opposition ahead of us. This group has post-season experience, and more importantly post-season success.

Believe in what you've seen this group do. It was no illusion. And it's an improved group over last year.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

KP is a complete non-starter to me.  Wouldn't take him under virtually any circumstances given his contract and injury situation.   As for size, I can only assume you mean too small in the backcourt with Jalen and Trae since Powell and Kleiber are both bigger than JC.  And I don't disagree, but they already play Trae with Lou a good bit, not sure it gets much worse defensively than that.  Brunson has impressed me as a scrappy little dude too.  

I just think that haul meets a lot of what the Hawks need and would be about the best the Mavs could do to get JC.  Maybe it's still not enough though.  

I hear you on Porzingo.  I'm not a huge fan either but it is what it is.

And did you see Powell getting big boi'd by Collins and basically everyone else last night?  Collins being the one that usually gets bullied, so you do the math.  I know the measurables say Kleber/Powell are bigger but they don't play bigger, if that makes sense.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I’m sticking with my guy - Derrick white. If we are going to move any of our bigger pieces - I hope he is the target.

Bogi + OKC pick for white straight up works. I think he is an excellent fit next to trae to close games out and can run the 2nd unit as well. 

I like hart but probably not giving up anything more than delon + salary filler + srp for him. 

and ____ no to smart or cj. Honestly not sure I’d make any trades outside of something like that until the off-season. 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

The Hawks have zero interest in being a lottery team, especially after making it to the Eastern Conference finals last season, so they’re going to continue to be aggressive on the trade market.......

I’ve actually heard some chatter on a Smart-Bogdanović trade framework in the past few days. Whether or not it actually materializes is a different thing.

The funny part about these BOS rumors is I bet Seeeees fans think they're gonna get Collins for Schmart.  

ETA: They'd probably be willing to throw in Grant Williams so we get a 'big' in return.  lol

Edited by kg01
  • Haha 1

We will see how this whole thing plays out but I believe there’s going to be a fire sale in the off season. 

It’s very important for this front office to find a tandem they want to build around. The hardest part was completed in getting a superstar player in the making which is Trae. The next part is finding his for sure Robin that no one can question.

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, Sothron said:

hart is a better defender than Kev/Bogi but not quite the outside shooter of either one. He's also a better defender by far than both Bogi and Kevin combined. Hart is a better fit for us than Smart/CJ if we are exploring outside realistic SG options.

Hart sucks.   He's a bench rotation guy at best.    He tries on D, but isn't a great defender.  He doesn't shoot well enough to make up the difference.

• Like 1

• Moderators
9 minutes ago, shakes said:

Hart sucks.   He's a bench rotation guy at best.    He tries on D, but isn't a great defender.  He doesn't shoot well enough to make up the difference.

Yeah this is my feeling too but I can't say I have a lot to back it up.

Just now, macdaddy said:

Yeah this is my feeling too but I can't say I have a lot to back it up.

He's not better than Kevin or Bogd.  If we're gonna trade that's the floor, sun.

Plus is he even healthy?

If you gettin' a guard from NOP, gimme Jose Baller-ado aka probably the reason Hart's even available.

Team lacks heart n' swag.  He's got it in spades.

200w.webp?cid=ecf05e47pgp2gkz49wn57urcxf

• Haha 2