• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

My guy has talked around NBA circles of late

NBASupes

• Moderators
7 minutes ago, warcore said:

With the bad faith situation in Philly.... would be so sweet if Silver forced Philly to make the trade that was on the table that they pulled off in bad faith. 

If they found Philly had breached the rules and took action against them (definitely not a slam dunk), they would be MUCH more likely to prohibit Philly from trading for Harden than they would be to force Philly to make a trade with anyone.  I don't think they could force the trade.  Fines, picks, and barring certain actions are on the table if they find Philly to have broken the rules but not forcing them to take the next best offer, etc.

• Like 3

• Premium Member
38 minutes ago, willthepureshooter said:

How does the Portland deal work with a $16M contract difference? Am I missing something in the trade?

New Orleans is under the salary cap so they can take in more salary than they send out.

• Like 3

• Moderators
6 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Philly probably covered their tracks pretty well. I doubt the league does anything.

Whether they covered their tracks well or not, it is a pretty realistic scenario that we never see any public punishment of the team.  It is rare that the NBA actually enforces stuff like this in a public way.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
26 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Another note: Capela is the only Hawk getting dollar on the dollar offers and it will likely be an overpay for a team to land him.

Note: the Hawks are expected to move him around FA, not the draft and maximize their value. 

Almost forgot, the Hawks aren't dying to move him either. So it will be by overpay only.

Can you list any of the interested teams?

• Premium Member
30 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Another note: Capela is the only Hawk getting dollar on the dollar offers and it will likely be an overpay for a team to land him.

Note: the Hawks are expected to move him around FA, not the draft and maximize their value. 

Almost forgot, the Hawks aren't dying to move him either. So it will be by overpay only.

Thanks, good to know.  I hope it is perceived as an "overpay" if we trade him because Capela is one of those guys that can be frustrating as hell to watch but as soon as he's gone you miss him badly.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, bleachkit said:

Well Josh Hart is off the market.

He can be traded again, but not aggregated with any other players.

2 hours ago, macdaddy said:

They got CJ for Hart and picks?   geezus.  I  know folks don't like him but I wish we'd have made something happen.

I saw some squawkers offering up JC....smh.  he got traded for Josh Hart, Nickeil Alexander-Walker, Tomas Satoransky and ONE future 1st round pick and a 2nd rounder.

Here is the pick details:

1 hour ago, shakes said:

Would a deal like this just be to make Trae happy?   I don't know for sure, but I would imagine Trae and Culver are buddies.   Culver is from Lubbock and went to Texas Tech.  Trae spent a good part of his childhood in Lubbock and for a good part of his life assumed he would follow his dad to Texas Tech (used to tell his dad he was gonna break all his TT records).  I would imagine that Trae and Culver have known each other since they were little kids.

Not going to over analyze anything Camp just gave us in his recent update but I find it very interesting IF there is POSSIBLY still a deal centered around Collins for Simmons.

Things change of course over time but if it’s truly still on table then the recent success (8 out of 9 games) didn’t persuade Schlenk as much as he’s letting on to the media BUT hey I’m just guessing not taking anything to heart.

• Like 1