• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

My guy has talked around NBA circles of late

NBASupes

• Premium Member
44 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

Does it though?  Hawks are only on the hook for $5,000,000 next year if they cut Gallo but would be on the hook for over $6,000,000 with Gay next season AND he has a player option for the following year at $6,500,000.  How is that better than $5,000,000 to move on from Gallo (if indeed you want to clear cap space for a bigger move)?  

because you still have Gay on the roster and he's still a good player for a second unit. He's better than Gallo on defense by a considerable margin and while he's not the offensive package Gallo is Gay can still score as well.

• Premium Member
12 minutes ago, kg01 said:

What good does it do to get stops if you can't score on the other end?  Good offense beats good defense every single time.  Some marginal uptick in defense, from a low-minute roleplayer, is not a winning decision.

I don't think what we decide to do here is going to materially change the trajectory of next season at all to be honest.  But my personal view is that I value defense more on second units because second unit runs are usually from easy cuts to the basket, wide open shots, and generally just good team ball.  Most teams don't have guys on their second unit that can just beat good defense... you can watch clips from the game last night to see how atrocious Gallo is on defense.  Last night wasn't an outlier for him... 

https://www.nba.com/stats/events/?CFID=&CFPARAMS=&ContextMeasure=FGM&EndPeriod=0&EndRange=28800&GameID=0022100816&PlayerID=0&RangeType=0&Season=2021-22&SeasonType=Regular Season&StartPeriod=0&StartRange=0&TeamID=1610612754&flag=3&sct=plot&section=game

You can start watching from the Lance Stephenson 1:16 time remaining layup... Gallo is mostly responsible for A TON of easy buckets getting cooked 1on1, not boxing out, and then just not rebounding while their guys get offensive boards and put backs.  In my opinion, he gives up way more free buckets than what he contributes on offense.  I like his game but he's declined a lot the last couple of years to the point where at least in my opinion, his offensive game no longer outweighs how bad he is on defense.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

I like him or a more expensive version of him in Smart, having said that, I want Smart for cheaper… :thinking:

He and Schmart are gettin' by on reputation.  Doubt they actually play anything other than Bazemore defense.  All activity, no impact.

9 minutes ago, Sothron said:

It isn't a pipe dream. I was told not to discuss it by my source but then @NBASupes reported it. My source found out that someone else leaked it and was, ah, not happy to put it mildly. Apparently we don't want other teams to know we're that interested in Ayton for an offseason trade to send them Capela plus picks in a S&T for Ayton. Once my source saw that this has been leaked he said I could mention this since the cat is out of the bag. 

As for Simmons, it sounds like the Nets/Sixers will finally trade with each other which means the NBA investigation won't probably happen. Which is a shame. We had a deal in place for Simmons earlier and Morey pulled it off the table and moved the goal posts. Morey leaked other team's players in the media which caused all kind of issues for teams including Atlanta. There's a reason JC has said on at least three occasions that he wants to stay in Atlanta. He is pissed that his name is still being mentioned in trade rumors. 

I'm so hoping this all blows up in their faces.  Come on, Kyme.  Gimme some dysfunction.  You're the anti-hero we don't know we need.

I can already trust GLLLLenn to screw it up in PHI.

Here's to hoping we stand pat, everybody comes together and we put the league bak on notice.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, kg01 said:

He and Schmart are gettin' by on reputation.  Doubt they actually play anything other than Bazemore defense.  All activity, no impact.

I'm so hoping this all blows up in their faces.  Come on, Kyme.  Gimme some dysfunction.  You're the anti-hero we don't know we need.

I can already trust GLLLLenn to screw it up in PHI.

Here's to hoping we stand pat, everybody comes together and we put the league bak on notice.

I'm not convinced that the Harden / Embiid deal is actually going to work, but I'll feel better if they don't have so many of their role players to fall back on.  A team of MVP Joel, overweight and out of shape James and a few other parts will be much easier to deal with. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

Utah trading Ingles to the Blazers. Wonder if that means the Hawks said no thanks on the Rudy deal?  

So many of these leaked deals are just to hold another team's feet to the fire.  If a Hawk is linked, it doesn't mean there is a real deal, its just teams trying to motivate other teams.

• Like 4

• Premium Member
27 minutes ago, Sothron said:

It isn't a pipe dream. I was told not to discuss it by my source but then @NBASupes reported it. My source found out that someone else leaked it and was, ah, not happy to put it mildly. Apparently we don't want other teams to know we're that interested in Ayton for an offseason trade to send them Capela plus picks in a S&T for Ayton. Once my source saw that this has been leaked he said I could mention this since the cat is out of the bag. 

As for Simmons, it sounds like the Nets/Sixers will finally trade with each other which means the NBA investigation won't probably happen. Which is a shame. We had a deal in place for Simmons earlier and Morey pulled it off the table and moved the goal posts. Morey leaked other team's players in the media which caused all kind of issues for teams including Atlanta. There's a reason JC has said on at least three occasions that he wants to stay in Atlanta. He is pissed that his name is still being mentioned in trade rumors. 

Do you know what the deal was? Just out of curiosity.

10 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Well ingles just got traded. so that kills the gallo to utah deal

200w.webp?cid=ecf05e47ev8s529me9lkvy8g2l

5 minutes ago, Atlantaholic said:

Gallo is not going anywhere, I feel very confident about that. No one is giving us a better player straight up for Gallo, if he was expiring maybe a different story.

*cough* Dragic *cough*

Sorry I just ate some cinnamon. 🤓

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, thecampster said:

So many of these leaked deals are just to hold another team's feet to the fire.  If a Hawk is linked, it doesn't mean there is a real deal, its just teams trying to motivate other teams.

Do you ever get the impression your guy (or gal?) is giving you something hoping you leak it?

Like, "Oh yeah tc, so the uhhh Clippers are tryna trade Kawhi for uhhh Kenrich Williams."

200w.webp?cid=ecf05e479wd3gc75efoz8wrn9m

And you're on the other end of the phone like ...

200.webp?cid=ecf05e47f6eqns3fr9dglv2v7wy

• Haha 3

Also, Schlenk better be on the phone to POR rn to get Nurk.  There's a weird, bizarre, fancy fire sale goings on in the upper NW and everything's gotta go.

This is less like an estate sale and more like the pile when somebody gets evicted from their apartment.  First come, first serve.  Leggo, Travis.

• Haha 4