• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

My guy has talked around NBA circles of late

NBASupes

1 minute ago, JTB said:

Yeah we can’t act like a Trae, JC, Simmons trio wouldn’t be exciting! ….JC would have another playmaker and he’d easily avg 20 + as a huge possibility then but shiiiittt I’d hate to lose OO!

I don't want to lose OO either.  And I wouldn't do it but the more I think about it, BS seems like he can replace the offense and defense OO currently gives while also having ELITE playmaking ability.  So we aren't actually losing anything other than the future potential for OO to develop a jumper. 

But I mean, trading Gallo, Bogi, and OO for Ben and Danny Green is a pretty sweet deal for the Hawks, imo. 

• Like 3

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, JTB said:

Yeah we can’t act like a Trae, JC, Simmons trio wouldn’t be exciting! ….JC would have another playmaker and he’d easily avg 20 + as a huge possibility then but shiiiittt I’d hate to lose OO!

I'd hate to lose him too, but consider that Simmons would make infinitely more sense paired with JC than he would Capela/Okonguw. I would not do this trade if it meant losing Bogi too though, unless it's for Curry. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
20 minutes ago, AHF said:

He has led the team in scoring in a win once this season.  He has scored less than 10 points twenty times this season.

20 >>>>>> 1

To the point I'm attempting to affirm..... KCP is a legitimate potential asset in a game offensively that can, on occasion, help you win a game.

That's all I'm trying to say. Well. And. That that can be a valuable asset to have in post season.

2022-02-09_15-50-40.png

Just now, Sothron said:

My conversation with my source this morning included one question I was told I could not ask any follow up questions.

"What would you think if the Hawks roster next season was Trae, Ben Simmons and Ayton as our Big 3?"

🤨

Would be surprising as hell but in a great way.  

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

Something like this works.  In this scenario, BS would take the OO role I'd guess. 

Trade Idea.jpg

That would be TOUGH to give up Okongwu, given the obvious defensive impact he has on the game ( which is already greater than Capela's ).  If he develops any sort of offensive game, he could easily become the 2nd best player on this team going into his 3rd year.

But on the flip side, you could throw out a lineup of Trae - Huerter - Simmons - Collins - Capela

That lineup is almost perfectly balanced, especially with Collins serving as the 3rd perimeter spot up shooter, and Simmons as the slasher/ball handler.  Trae waiting for passes from Simmons to get wide open spot up 3s, might take his efficiency to the next level.

That would be a HARD call.

1 minute ago, Atlantaholic said:

I'd hate to lose him too, but consider that Simmons would make infinitely more sense paired with JC than he would Capela/Okonguw. I would not do this trade if it meant losing Bogi too though, unless it's for Curry. 

I don't want to get too carried away because we are probably discussing something with a <1% chance of happening, but there ARE versions of this trade that would include other players instead of Bogi.  From a money standpoint, could do it with Wright, KVon, or even Lou but it gets really complicated with more players needed to equal salary.  

3 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

I meant . . Trae - Hunter - Simmons - Collins - Capela

But then again, maybe Hunter might be better suited as the 6th man on a team like this, but is in the lineup at the close of games.   Start Huerter at the 2 as the shooter.

I like it, but in that scenario, I'd actually go with....  Trae - Kevin - Hunter - Collins - Simmons

And bring Clint off the bench.  It's basically the "start OO" lineup but with Simmons instead of OO and with exponentially better playmaking.  

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

I don't want to get too carried away because we are probably discussing something with a <1% chance of happening, but there ARE versions of this trade that would include other players instead of Bogi.  From a money standpoint, could do it with Wright, KVon, or even Lou but it gets really complicated with more players needed to equal salary.  

Bogi is expendable because outside of shooting, what does Bogi bring you?

It's not like he can affect the game with his passing or defense, if his shot is off.  Trae can at least go into "super playmaker mode" when his shot is off.  Even Delon can fall back on his defense, if he's not providing offense.

If Bogi isn't making 3s . . . Bogi is

Haute. Garbage. GIF - Hot Garbage Haute Garbage Garbage - Discover &amp; Share  GIFs

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Sothron said:

My conversation with my source this morning included one question I was told I could not ask any follow up questions.

"What would you think if the Hawks roster next season was Trae, Ben Simmons and Ayton as our Big 3?"

🤨

giphy-downsized-large.gif

So there is a chance we get Simmons by 3:00 PM tomorrow? Can't see Philly trading him to us in the offseason.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

21 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

That would be TOUGH to give up Okongwu, given the obvious defensive impact he has on the game ( which is already greater than Capela's ).  If he develops any sort of offensive game, he could easily become the 2nd best player on this team going into his 3rd year.

But on the flip side, you could throw out a lineup of Trae - Huerter - Simmons - Collins - Capela

That lineup is almost perfectly balanced, especially with Collins serving as the 3rd perimeter spot up shooter, and Simmons as the slasher/ball handler.  Trae waiting for passes from Simmons to get wide open spot up 3s, might take his efficiency to the next level.

That would be a HARD call.

image.gif.53bac323bd9280d39c4d05a1a9b45da6.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, GameTime said:

giphy-downsized-large.gif

So there is a chance we get Simmons by 3:00 PM tomorrow? Can't see Philly trading him to us in the offseason.

If we somehow got Simmons and Ayton before the start of next season...damn. That is some serious talent to put around Trae.

• Like 4

• Premium Member
26 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

I meant . . Trae - Hunter - Simmons - Collins - Capela

But then again, maybe Hunter might be better suited as the 6th man on a team like this, but is in the lineup at the close of games.   Start Huerter at the 2 as the shooter.

Don't like it.  We would have two non-shooters who suck at free throws making big money and logging big minutes.  Crunchtime will be tough to play those guys.  Not to mention, it's not like Trae/Hunter/Collins/Heurter are world class 3 pt shooters.  They are respectable but this would become a huge liability IMO.

36 minutes ago, Sothron said:

🤨

I'd love that if we could keep Collins too, but the price tag would probably be too much for management at that point. 

Philly would probably want Collins in a trade anyway. 

54 minutes ago, Sothron said:

🤨

I think it will be a great Big 3 but the question is what is going to be "What are we going to give up for this"