• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

My guy has talked around NBA circles of late

NBASupes

• Premium Member
43 minutes ago, Diesel said:

I doubt that there is anything that would make Schlenk move OO.   Not Simmons, Not Ayton.

However, here's my question.

Do you think giving a Stretch 5 that OO could play PF. 

For instance (and this is all fiction), if we did get KAT...  DO you think we could be successful with OO as the starting 4 and KAT as the 5?

Yes. OO can guard either 5 or 4 and on offense take the dunker spot. KAT is one of the best shooting bigs in the history of the game so he can stay outside or swap out for low post plays.

• Like 3

• Premium Member
28 minutes ago, Diesel said:

I believe the Redskins owner Daniel Snyder was the first that I have heard who tried to do this... he wanted to control the media around Washington so that he could control the narrative about the Redskins.

For what it matters... mostly nothing... I was stunned and amazed in 2011 when the Houston Chronicle and all broadcast media essentially halted all commentary or news stories that could be viewed as critical of Jim Crane... the new owner of the Houston Astros who had outright lied (I yearn for a time when lying was actually held in serious contempt, btw) about his intention to take Selig's offer of a $65m discount on the purchase price in exchange for agreeing to move the team to the American League.

In the lead-up to the announcement that the sale was done, the HOU media was aggressive in looking into those murmurs that something was going on behind closed doors, and then suddenly... not even a single question raised locally about it in any critical manner.

• Premium Member

People don't realize that he who controls the narrative controls everything. It's clear that Smith, Wright, Sharp, and a few others are all on the Clutch Sports take.  Clutch sports guarantees them money and facetime.  All they have to do is be spin doctors when it's needed.

For instance:

Lebron made the deal to get Westbrook to LAL.  However, you won't hear anything about that as the Lakers get worse and worse.  It may be brought up but then it's quickly laughed off because Clutch don't want that bad light.  If Westbrook were playing well and the Lakers were winning, you would hear about the Team that Lebron built. 

• Moderators
15 hours ago, sturt said:

And I can't emphasize enough, give me the guy who's done it over and over in 8 seasons instead of someone who hasn't... Cam or anyone else.

What he has done over and over again is score less than 10 points in a game.  I don't know how that can be more clear that he has been a reliable third option beyond than looking at his low average numbers (11 ppg) and low frequency rates (11% 20-29 points).  How else do you measure this?  He has had the big games that you are focusing on with the frequency of Cam Reddish over a larger sample of games.  That isn't doing it over and over again.  That is doing it a handful of times (~8) over the course of an 82 game season.

I can't emphasize enough how insignificant he has been on offense with his mediocre efficiency and frequent low production.

Let's play this out by comparing him to his teammate Spencer Dinwiddie who is not a reliable third option.  Over Dinwiddie's last 113 games (arbitrary number chosen for ease of review) and KCP's last 117 games (i.e., KCP gets an extra 4 games to do it "over and over"), here is how often they hit these numbers:

Plr:     Dinwiddie   KCP

30+      7 times     1 time

20+     47 times    9 times

0-9        25 times   56 times

Again, Dinwiddie isn't a reliable third option but he has scored 30+ points 7x as often as KCP and 20+ points over 5x as often.  In contrast, he has double the number of "dud" games.

So what has KCP done over and over the last 117 games?  Put up stinkers where he didn't even reach 10 points in game.  What has he done on rare occasions?  Scored 20+ points.

Dinwiddie 20+ points:  41.5% of the time

KCP 20+ points:  7.7% of the time

I just don't get the methodology by which anyone could conclude that KCP is a big impact scorer "over and over" and use that to conclude that he is a reliable third option on offense.  

Let's further sanity check this.  What do the advanced metrics say about KCP's offensive contributions this year?

0.1 total Offensive Win Shares in 1437 minutes

.003 OWS/48

-1.7 OBPM

Where does that rank him on the Wizards?

0.1 total Offensive Win Shares in 1437 minutes  - Tied for 10th-13th place despite having played the 2nd most minutes on the team

.003 OWS/48 - 14th worst non-negative/non-zero number on the team; only better than Raul Neto among players with 200+ minutes

-1.7 OBPM - 9th place among players with 200+ minutes

Where would he rank on the Hawks?

0.1 total Offensive Win Shares in 1437 minutes  - Tied for 16th - 18th place despite playing more minutes than all but Trae & JC

.003 OWS/48 - 19th worst non-negative/non-zero number on the team; no player on the Hawks with 200+ minutes is lower

-1.7 OBPM - 13th place among players with 200+ minutes

Seems like these advanced metrics tell a pretty negative story about what he does "over and over."  (Note that these are 2021-22 numbers but his career numbers also suck so looking at the broader picture doesn't help.  His career OWS/48 is 0.037 and career OBPM is -1.2.

• Premium Member
8 minutes ago, JTB said:

Can someone explain how reddish is able to be traded again so soon?

I thought reddish and Knox couldn’t be traded for 40 or more days after they were traded in January.

They can be traded by themselves, just cannot be combined with another player.  So a one for one player deal...

Example: Cam to LAL, Nunn to the Knicks.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

• Premium Member
Atlanta has cooled as their record has stabilized, but continue to look for options involving a backup point guard. Sources indicated that talks for John Collins were mostly dormant (again) and could be revisited this summer.

via Matt Moore @ Action Network

• Like 1

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:
Atlanta has cooled as their record has stabilized, but continue to look for options involving a backup point guard. Sources indicated that talks for John Collins were mostly dormant (again) and could be revisited this summer.

via Matt Moore @ Action Network

Back up PG?  is this the Dinwiddie and Dragic speculation @Sothron @NBASupes  @thecampster

Or what about the cheaper option in Aaron Holiday for TLC.?

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, Diesel said:

I have heard strong rumblings of him going to Dallas weeks ago.   Porzingus for Dragic and Boucher ... Makes sense. 

No it doesn't. I don't think the money works.  But it's more likely Dwight Powell and salary filler

• Moderators
1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

who you got in mind?  We don't know who the buyouts are as yet and they have to actually pick us.

Won't Dragic just get bought out?   

Just now, JayBirdHawk said:

No it doesn't. I don't think the money works.  But it's more likely Dwight Powell and salary filler

We all know Dragic wants to be in Dallas.  I question how hard he will play for us honestly. 

• Like 1