• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

My guy has talked around NBA circles of late

NBASupes

Just now, kg01 said:

This one feels different though.  Glad we didn't get fleeced.

Agree I hope this makes everybody lock in.

Yep.  JoeLLLL and Harden have a history of fading in the playoffs too.  Nobody's talking about that.

They are really going to miss the spacing Curry provides and Drummond off the bench.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Sothron said:

Philly acted in bad faith in their talks with us. They pulled the offer after we agreed to it. What else can TS do in that situation? Morey would never trade Simmons if he could get harden. And he did. This isn't about the Hawks not doing the hard work.

Not saying they didn't put in the work. I know TS did. It just seems like our team can never get it done, for one reason or another. We can never pull off the midseason get better trade. 

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, AHF said:

He has had the big games that you are focusing on with the frequency of Cam Reddish over a larger sample of games.  That isn't doing it over and over again.

But it is doing it over and over again... that's exactly what it is... "over a larger sample of games"... that's kinda the point. And that when KCP has had big games, it's not been unusual over his career that his team wins those games.

Not so with Cam.

Who knows what anyone's getting out of Cam at this stage?

He only collected his 30 point games in ATL at times when the likes of Malcolm Hill and Chaundee Brown, Jr. were playing double-digit minutes, or when Trae was out completely.

It's good to see you abandoned the Cam comp.

Dinwiddie? I'm okay with a healthy Dinwiddie, I suppose, if offense is the whole of the consideration.

In other words, no, I'm not okay.

KCP has been a significant defensive element on his teams.

1 minute ago, kg01 said:

Stay with me, Luc3.  We're fine.  Just need everybody all-in.  I imagine that wasn't the case before this PHI/BKN deal was finalized.

We need a superstar beside Trae, we don't have one and I don't see anyone we have becoming one this season. I'm still a homer and I'll be expecting us to win every game I watch. I just saw Simmons as a way to get better. 

• Like 3

• Premium Member
Just now, LucastheThird said:

I don't see anyone we have becoming one this season.

We didn't have one last season.

Same roster essentially, except better back-up PG and more maturity from the lessons learned.

We're going to be fine now that we're healthy (... as long as we're healthy, but that's the same for every team).

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Sothron said:

Philly acted in bad faith in their talks with us. They pulled the offer after we agreed to it. What else can TS do in that situation? Morey would never trade Simmons if he could get harden. And he did. This isn't about the Hawks not doing the hard work.

This season is basically a lost cause. Outside of Trae, the team is trash at the guard Spot , and the team has no legit second option.

This year can be written off.

Just now, sturt said:

We didn't have one last season.

Same roster essentially, except better back-up PG and more maturity from the lessons learned.

We're going to be fine now that we're healthy (... as long as we're healthy, but that's the same for every team).

That's true. I just hope Trae can be special all playoffs again this year, we are going to need it. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, capstone21 said:

Brooklyn won the trade by a country mile ... Simmons is an awesome compliment to Durant and especially Irving ... also they got more shooting with Curry and 2 first round picks 

The problem with people measuring this trade is they don't understand the effect Simmons has on the defensive end of the floor. My goodness, the idea of them getting that much better at the center position (they had nothing there) and adding Simmons defensively, they just got miles better on that end of the floor. How the "F" are you going to double Durant now?  Curry sniping, Drummond alone, Ben cutting and oh yah, they can play defense now.

If Ben plays and they get a good attitude out of Kyrie/Drummond, I don't care their seed. They are now the best team in the East. They are so freaking big now. So long.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1