• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

My guy has talked around NBA circles of late

NBASupes

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

So what, we are paying useless Bogi 20 per.

you are missing my point...I'm asking who are you sending out to match the required salary plus a 1st round pick.  

Full details of the deal...Boston got bent over, lol

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Care to explain this.  

Not the same EXACT deal, but a DEAL.  Thats what I meant. They could have waited it out like the Nets did and kept the original deal on the table.  Philly would've even pulled back on the Harris inclusion just to get rid of Simmons.  Harden is a older garbage player in my opinion.  Philly taking him as a consolidation prize in my opinion says they wanted to get rid of Simmons and would have taken any decent package at the end.  In fact, they gave away more than they gonna receive.  Harden?  He failed everywhere he went.  He is Westbrook with a jump shot.

Edited by Hawkmoor
  • Confused 1

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, Hawkmoor said:

Not the same EXACT deal, but a DEAL.  Thats what I meant. They could have waited it out like the Nets did and kept the original deal on the table.  Philly would've even pulled back on the Harris inclusion just to get rid of Simmons.  Harden is a older garbage player in my opinion.  Philly taking him as a consolidation prize in my opinion says they wanted to get rid of Simmons and would have taken any decent package at the end.  In fact, they gave away more than they gonna receive.  Harden?  He failed everywhere he went.  He is Westbrook with a jump shot.

The Hawks offer was still on the table.  Once Harden entered the conversation thru back channels all bets were off, that became Morey's focus.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, swanlee said:

You guys are nuts, so glad our front office is not panicking and will let this roster grow together. When we are healthy we can beat any team in the NBA

The Hawks are a team of a bunch of role players. It's Trae Young and a bunch of  role players that are basically lost if they're 3pt shot is not falling.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Hawkmoor said:

Did you forget that we immediately went on a 7 win streak right after that trade? And sure we all like to trash Harden but he’s still a hell of a player and better than anything outside of Trae in our roster.

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

The Hawks offer was still on the table.  Once Harden entered the conversation thru back channels all bets were off, that became Morey's focus.

This. Morey always valued Harden first, second and last in any possible Simmons trade. As soon as Harden wanted to be traded to Philly there was no other trade happening. We had zero chance of getting Simmons even if we took Harris back.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Question. WHO would've played point guard for the Sixers had they went through with the Hawks deal?

2 minutes ago, Sothron said:

I usually dismiss 95% of what you post as troll posting but I don't know if I can disagree with this. I wouldn't say we had trash at the guard spot but the year being written off...that's not really wrong. I think the emphasis on trying to do summer trades makes this year's Hawks a "just hope we can get into the playoffs" mentality versus "this team last year was two wins from the Finals, how do we get a superstar here" mentality.

They did try to get Simmons. Trae pushed for it. Travis tried. Morey would never trade him as long as he knew Harden was coming. Teams aren't having superstars fire sales. Dame and Beal would not work here for obvious reasons. KAT is happy in Minnesota and they finally have a playoff team around him. So the most likely star names are already traded or not coming here.

I know this sounds depressing but it is reality. The Hawks still don't have a second star to pair with Trae and no, JC is not that player. We still only have one true playmaker on the entire team. 

Well, you know what I mean when I say trash. I mean there is nobody that threatens other teams.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
Just now, Hawkmoor said:

Question. WHO would've played point guard for the Sixers had they went through with the Hawks deal?

who has been playing PG for them all season?

Just now, Plainview1981 said:

I mean there is nobody that threatens other teams.

I concur