• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

My guy has talked around NBA circles of late

NBASupes

• Moderators
Just now, Watchman said:

So you think that the story put out by management and the media was a PR move?

I don't buy that he was a villain or anything but even Supes says he wanted a bigger role somewhere else.  I wasn't aware that anyone thought he didn't want out.

The more questionable stuff to me was about whether he had a bad attitude or things like that.

What if I told you a team had Kyrie Irving, James Harden and KD and that team was in the play-in.  What if I also told you a team had Westbrook, AD, and Lebron James and that team was in the play-in. 

All this Trae needs a second star or he's going to leave talk needs to stop.  Trades always look nice or terrible on paper, but the on court product may be the opposite. 

Let's just play this season out and let's see what happens in the offseason.  We still have all our draft picks and some nice young players. 

Edited by marco102
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, Spud2nique said:

Depend on his contract ya I think I would. Jalen is going to be a good player but Brunson could shore up some issues and make us really really good.

I think this would be what it may take to get him. 

Dallas picking up Dinwiddle both weakened their frontcourt and gave them another ball handler.  They really don't need all that and would need some frontcourt help. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Final_quest said:

That tweet by Ray Young is the zinger.  He can telegram stuff that Trae can't.  I tried to tell you guys that we are on the clock with Trae.  If we can't produce either more wins or another star to pair with him, we risk Trae demanding a trade at some point.  It's gonna happen sooner than we expect.  Still time, but it can't be more than two years.  Clock is definitely ticking.  

I'm not upset we missed out.  Once Harden was involved we were toast. 

Let's see if our guys can make something out of this season.  First round upset of a big seed would be nice, or getting the 6 seed somehow.  If people are freaking out now, they are gonna lose their shit if we don't make it through the play in games.  

Humbly disagree. Trae likes what we have here.

• Moderators
Just now, Final_quest said:

That tweet by Ray Young is the zinger.  He can telegram stuff that Trae can't.  I tried to tell you guys that we are on the clock with Trae.  If we can't produce either more wins or another star to pair with him, we risk Trae demanding a trade at some point.  It's gonna happen sooner than we expect.  Still time, but it can't be more than two years.  Clock is definitely ticking.  

Let's see if our guys can make something out of this season.  First round upset of a big seed would be nice, or getting the 6 seed somehow.  If people are freaking out now, they are gonna lose their shit if we don't make it through the play in games.  

That is a fair read with Ray's tweet.  I expect he and Trae were really hoping TS could get Simmons and seeing him go to a team where he is such a good fit (do they even care if he gets tentative on offense in the playoffs when KD and Kyrie will happily take every shot?) above the Hawks in the standings (i.e., making the path back to the ECF that much harder) had to sting.  Wouldn't jump to the conclusion that whatever dad says is what Trae is thinking but you would be a fool to ignore that possibility.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, marco102 said:

What if I told you a team had Kyrie Irving, James Harden and KD and that team was in the play-in.  What if I also told you a team had Westbrook, AD, and Lebron James and that team was in the play-in. 

All this Trae needs a second star or he's going to leave talk needs to stop.  Trades always look nice or terrible on paper, but the on court product may be the opposite. 

Let's just play this season out and let's see what happens in the offseason.  We still have all our draft picks and some nice young players. 

Yup, Trae is a leader, he will lead others. We good homegrown.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Final_quest said:

You are pushing an agenda.  Ray talks about other NBA news all the time. He's said a million times his son is different and his son won't be leaving Atlanta until he brings a Championship.  

So we are going to ignore all those tweets, but tailor this tweet to meet an agenda.  Ray is an NBA fan and tweets as such.  He's not out here subtweeting for Trae. he's talked about how he loves how Atlanta has Trae's back good or bad.

So believe what you want to believe. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Diesel said:

I think this would be what it may take to get him. 

Dallas picking up Dinwiddle both weakened their frontcourt and gave them another ball handler.  They really don't need all that and would need some frontcourt help. 

Ya Dallas is unbalanced.

Brunson and Dinwiddie? One needs to go in .. NOW! 

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, marco102 said:

Brooklyn has only had Harden and Durant for most of the year.  So if you told me Kyrie played only 12 of 54 games and that Durant and Harden missed another 28 games then I'd be much less shocked than I would have been pre-season.

LA is much less surprising.  Westbrook is not value add to that team.  You are really talking AD and James and they have missed 38 games this season.  

We'll see how it all plays out but I do think we need a better #2 if we want to win a ring with Trae.

Just now, Spud2nique said:

Humbly disagree. Trae likes what we have here.

I could be wrong, but I think his dad's tweet is a way of wagging the finger at the Hawks for not getting a deal done.  The Young's see themselves as the best.  If we don't have enough talent around Trae and can't go deep in the playoffs they take it personal.  We need to win to keep them happy.  

The players ALWAYS say they love the team and city and never want to leave.  So, you have to guess at what they really think.  

• Thanks 1