• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

My guy has talked around NBA circles of late

NBASupes

7 minutes ago, marco102 said:

What if I told you a team had Kyrie Irving, James Harden and KD and that team was in the play-in.  What if I also told you a team had Westbrook, AD, and Lebron James and that team was in the play-in. 

All this Trae needs a second star or he's going to leave talk needs to stop.  Trades always look nice or terrible on paper, but the on court product may be the opposite. 

Let's just play this season out and let's see what happens in the offseason.  We still have all our draft picks and some nice young players. 

Those trios are old, Trae is young. 

• Moderators
1 minute ago, willthepureshooter said:

If you're going to Tweet his dad, make sure you include the other tweet as well. Trae loves Atlanta and knows what this team can do in the playoffs.

That definitely paints a more positive light for the team.  I still bet Ray and Trae were disappointed that we didn't end up with Simmons and don't like seeing how many EC teams made moves that look likely to end up as upgrades at the deadline.  I think this is going to be a tougher ride the rest of the way if we have dreams of repeating last year's playoff success.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, marco102 said:

You are pushing an agenda.  Ray talks about other NBA news all the time. He's said a million times his son is different and his son won't be leaving Atlanta until he brings a Championship.  

So we are going to ignore all those tweets, but tailor this tweet to meet an agenda.  Ray is an NBA fan and tweets as such.  He's not out here subtweeting for Trae. he's talked about how he loves how Atlanta has Trae's back good or bad.

So believe what you want to believe. 

You could be right, but you also said that Trae thinks Cam has the most talent on our team.  I don't follow Ray Young on Twitter.  So, I'm only reacting to that tweet.  That tweet seemed a little salty to me.  

Just now, AHF said:

That definitely paints a more positive light for the team.  I still bet Ray and Trae were disappointed that we didn't end up with Simmons and don't like seeing how many EC teams made moves that look likely to end up as upgrades at the deadline.  I think this is going to be a tougher ride the rest of the way if we have dreams of repeating last year's playoff success.

Yep, for sure.  I might be paranoid.  

1 minute ago, bleachkit said:

You dont honestly believe that do you? Trae's dad was clearly speaking on his behalf.

Trae came out and said he liked the team and the nucleus. You don’t think Trae would voice his opinion and have convo with Travis and vice versa? Comon now. We good.

• Like 3

• Premium Member
7 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Ya Dallas is unbalanced.

Brunson and Dinwiddie? One needs to go in .. NOW! 

Well, Dinwiddle got 3 more years on his deal.  Brunson will be looking for money in the summer.  I don't know if Dallas will have it.   Ultimately, that may be why we wouldn't trade for him.   He would fix a lot of our problems immediately.. could.. but   When it's time to reup.. .I don't know if we could. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Watchman said:

So you think that the story put out by management and the media was a PR move?

I was referring to his agenda, not yours.  You're right to suggest the idea of him coming back is luda ... ludi ... ludacr ... ridiculous because he's the one that asked out.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Trae came out and said he liked the team and the nucleus. You don’t think Trae would voice his opinion and have convo with Travis and vice versa? Comon now. We good.

Trae can't throw his teammates under the bus by saying, "yea we need to upgrade this roster." Of course he's going to say he likes the team. The tweet from Trae's dad was no accident.

Edited by bleachkit
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, kg01 said:

I was referring to his agenda, not yours.  You're right to suggest the idea of him coming back is luda ... ludi ... ludacr ... ridiculous because he's the one that asked out.

I’m just laughing that you cul de spell check machine wasn’t registering ludicrous 😂 

• Haha 2

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, Diesel said:

Well, Dinwiddle got 3 more years on his deal.  Brunson will be looking for money in the summer.  I don't know if Dallas will have it.   Ultimately, that may be why we wouldn't trade for him.   He would fix a lot of our problems immediately.. could.. but   When it's time to reup.. .I don't know if we could. 

All 3 years of Dinwiddie is not guaranteed.  Brunson is looking for $20 mil ish this offseason.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, bleachkit said:

Trae can't say throw his teammates under the bus by saying, "yea we need to upgrade this roster." Of course he's going to say he likes the team. The tweet from Trae's dad was no accident.

We won 7 in a row in a streak that just ended last week. I think you are overthinking this, but you and the insiders have fun with it, im going for a swim 🏊‍♀️ 

Just now, Spud2nique said:

This happens every time.  They always say they love the team and city, want to stay with the franchise forever, etc.  We did hear that Trae really wanted us to get Ben Simmons. 

I think we're good for now, but definitely keeping my eye on this.  Winning cures all.  We just need to win.  If we don't....problems.  

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Time for the insiders to go full Dan E. strAinge mode and tell us what mighta, coulda, shoulda, almost happened.

That’s my cue ..:batman:

Just now, JayBirdHawk said:

Just thought about this - the Free throw parade that Philly will be throwing every game will be 'special' 

Note to self: Never watch a Sixer game ever unless they play the Hawks. Thanks Bird! :laugh1:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Moderators
1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Just thought about this - the Free throw parade that Philly will be throwing every game will be 'special' 

The free throw line is probably where Philly fans are most excited to see the change from Simmons to Harden.

• Haha 2