• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

My guy has talked around NBA circles of late

NBASupes

• Premium Member
12 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

There's no void.  We just refuse to let this kid learn on the fly, like every other rookie.

Yes, there's no actual void.

Yes, we just refuse to let the kid learn on the fly.

So, no... we're still in the same position as we would be if there were a void.

So, yes, there's reason to believe that the GM will be looking to fill that with a vet.

No?

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, gurpilo said:

Rockets are waiving DJ Augustin and Hawks should definately sign him

He only ever has a good game when he plays us lol. Among players with 300 or more minutes played he ranks third to last in both Net Raptor and WAR  (378th out of 380), and is ranked dead last  in defensive Raptor with an unfathomable -6.6  (380th out of 380). He is averaging 12 points per 36 mins 5 apg and 3tos with a PER of 10 and a WS per 48 mins of .019.

So, no thank you.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
9 minutes ago, Atlantaholic said:

He only ever has a good game when he plays us lol. Among players with 300 or more minutes played he ranks third to last in both Net Raptor and WAR  (378th out of 380), and is ranked dead last  in defensive Raptor with an unfathomable -6.6  (380th out of 380). He is averaging 12 points per 36 mins 5 apg and 3tos with a PER of 10 and a WS per 48 mins of .019.

So, no thank you.

Forget all the stat stuff...I need a guy that can organize the offense when it gets stagnant, not afraid to take a 3 (Delon), and drive and score.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Forget all the stat stuff...I need a guy that can organize the offense when it gets stagnant, not afraid to take a 3 (Delon), and drive and score.

Some names I have some interests in.

2. Gary Harris, SG, Orlando – Gary Harris has an expiring $20.4 million deal and has played relatively solid basketball for an Orlando team that is going nowhere. His 3-and-D playing style also makes him an easy add into any system. Keeping him in Orlando the rest of the year is likely antithetical to the franchise’s overarching goals (getting a high lottery pick by “taking a look at” Ignas Brazdeikis/Admiral Schofield/R.J. Hampton lineups); one presumes a reunion in Denver in particular would likely be appealing for both sides. Harris could also be a very tempting pick-up for Boston, which has five open roster spots after a series of deadline-day moves.

3. Goran Dragić, PG, San Antonio – After half a season of DNP-Slovenia, the Dragon may be able to make his return now that his Raptors saga has finally come to an end. On an expiring $19.4 million contract, his buyout should be a straightforward affair. Goran Dragić is 35 and showed some slippage last season, but his pick-and-roll game and off-ball shooting skill should at least qualify him as a solid backup option. Teaming up with fellow Slovenian Luka Dončić in Dallas feels like the most likely outcome, but a lot of teams will register interest, and a couple might have more than minimum money to offer.

4. Eric Bledsoe, PG, Portland – It’s not a given Eric Bledsoe is bought out, as he has a partial guarantee for next season ($3.9 million of his $19.3 million total). However, he’s pretty clearly not in the Blazers’ plans, as one could deduce from him sitting out his first two games as a Blazer with a “sore Achilles” after not showing up on a Clippers injury report all season and playing each of their first 54 games. This might be a negotiation where Bledsoe’s freedom depends in part on his willingness to give up more than just a minimum salary. Otherwise, he might figure into some offseason cap machinations for the Blazers and thus be worthwhile to carry on the roster even if he isn’t asked to do much.

6. Cory Joseph, PG, Detroit  Cory Joseph is a limited offensive threat who rarely shoots 3s; though he’s made a surprising 43.1 percent this year, his career 34.2 percent mark is the better barometer of his ability. However, he’s a big point guard who can play grimy defense, while offensively he gets to just enough 12-foot pull-ups to make himself somewhat useful. With a $5.1 million player option for next year, he’d be an unlikely buyout candidate, but I’ve seen stranger things.

9. Paul Millsap, PF, Philadelphia  Paul Millsap is 36 and was ineffective in 24 games for Brooklyn before being lumped into the James Harden trade.  He was good enough in Denver last year (16.4 PER as a starter for a playoff team) that he might be worth another look on a minimum deal.

Edited by marco102
  • Like 1

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Actually what we need is wing defense. We are one of the most efficient and effective offenses in the NBA. D.J augusting is argueably the worst defensive player in the NBA. Offensively all he does is spot up shoot threes, so he isn't organizing anything. He also has one of the very worst TO% in the entire NBA at 23% which would put him at second worst in the NBA if he qualified, while carrying a low assist% for a PG of 20% 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
Just now, Atlantaholic said:

Actually what we need is wing defense. We are one of the most efficient and effective offenses in the NBA. D.J augusting is argueably the worst defensive player in the NBA. Offensively all he does is spot up shoot threes, so he isn't organizing anything. He also has one of the very worst TO% in the entire NBA at 23% which would put him at second worst in the NBA if he qualified, while carrying a low assist% for a PG of 20% 

I know what the stats say, but sometimes my eye sight tells me something else when we are scoring 17 points in a quarter.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I know what the stats say, but sometimes my eye sight tells me something else when we are scoring 17 points in a quarter.

How often has that happened compared to how often we give up 30+ on the other end. Statistics exist for a reason, can't just go off recency bias of literally the worst offensive game of the season.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
40 minutes ago, Atlantaholic said:

I mean Knox = TLC = Baze = Bum

Or, in even simpler terms…

a plate of dog poop = a bowl of dog poop = a tray of dog poop = a carafe of dog poop

• Premium Member
23 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

He's shooting 41% from 3 (on less than 1 attempt per game 😄)....waive TLC sign Bembry and DJ Augustine.

If they do I can take the Bumbry nickname out of storage.

Edited by shakes

• Premium Member
17 minutes ago, Atlantaholic said:

How often has that happened compared to how often we give up 30+ on the other end. Statistics exist for a reason, can't just go off recency bias of literally the worst offensive game of the season.

I'll answer my own question to illustrate. Going back the last 14 games as a sample.

The amount of quarters in 14 games that the Hawks failed to score 20 points or more = 5 (out of 56 quarters played... or 9%)

The amount of quarters the Hawks allowed 30 or more points = an incredible 24 or 43% of quarters.

And I'll add the amount of quarter the Hawks have scored a whopping 35 points or more = 11 which is more than double the amount of times they failed to score 20

Put another way for every bad offensive quarter we have we average two incredible offensive quarters and 4 terrible defensive quarters.

So ya. Defense please. 

• Like 1