• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

My guy has talked around NBA circles of late

NBASupes

12 minutes ago, terrell said:

Its a close call imo.. White is way better defensively, but Bogi is better offensively.. When he's on that is...... I didnt know White was 27 though....

White really doesn't guard off guards at a difference making level. As a SG, he's pretty much close with Bogi. Clearly not worth a lottery pick on top of that. 

Edited by NBASupes

Just now, bleachkit said:

I wanted him, but looking at what C's paid. Pretty steep price. 

As they should, they needed a starting PG BADLY. Even if it's just a 25 win one. They added a swing one in Dennis but his fit was awful as expected. White is literally the perfect fit. 

48 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

White really doesn't guard off guards at a difference making level. As a SG, he's pretty much close with Bogi. Clearly not worth a lottery pick on top of that. 

I figured it was probably the Charlotte pick... Oh well.. lol

Edited by terrell

20 hours ago, NBASupes said:

I keep saying this but Hawk fans refuse to listen but JC ain't the perfect fit at PF. He's just not good enough as a #2.

As the #2 a lot of people been saying this not just you. It’s been a split fan base the past two seasons.

JC would be a great 3rd option in my opinion if we could somehow keep him and get a true #2 guy! JC skill set as it is , is perfect for #3 guy

Adam Silver has finally weighed in on the stuff we talked about 10 days ago, doing a lot of damage control.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/adam-silver-says-he-wishes-james-harden-ben-simmons-trade-was-handled-differently-232456293.html

“I accept that there will always be conversations behind closed doors, when teams are unhappy, or players are unhappy, [but] the last thing you want to see is for these issues to play out publicly,” Silver said. “One of the things that I continue to do in my role is to think about ways we can improve the system.”

“Players forcing their way out of situations is not new in this league. It’s important to have that context,” Silver told Yahoo Sports. “I’d love to find a way where to the extent there’s player movement, it didn’t happen in that fashion.”

“I did watch a little bit of James and Ben’s press conferences earlier today,” Silver told Yahoo Sports. “And you’re reminded that when you see them sitting up there, on those podiums doing these interviews, these are human beings, who, in both cases, have gone through very stressful situations.

“You want people to feel, at the end of the day, they have outlets for their stress, that they can be productive within their work setting. But I’m not surprised that we’ve seen some heightened flare up of some issues, you know, that might have otherwise been handled behind closed doors.

“But this is not the way I would have liked to see it happen.”

• Thanks 4

2 hours ago, AHF said:

Focus here was the players.  What went very deliberately unreferenced:  GM/Owner conduct (read Morey's tactics).

I fkng hate Adam Sliver.  This may be the understatement of the year.

Rick Kamla went on and on about how great(sic) the guy is but he's presiding over an NBA era that's going to set the league back years.  They just don't see it yet.

You can't have players flaunting the idea of not playing while getting paid in full.  That will not go over well with people writing those checks (i.e. the tv guys and fans).

Oh and, as you mentioned, while he's pandering to the crowd with his latest comments on one hand.  His other hand is hidden under all the GM/Owner conduct 'stuff'.

Guy's a friggin snake in the grass.  I hate that people love him so much.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, kg01 said:

I fkng hate Adam Sliver.  This may be the understatement of the year.

Rick Kamla went on and on about how great(sic) the guy is but he's presiding over an NBA era that's going to set the league back years.  They just don't see it yet.

You can't have players flaunting the idea of not playing while getting paid in full.  That will not go over well with people writing those checks (i.e. the tv guys and fans).

Oh and, as you mentioned, while he's pandering to the crowd with his latest comments on one hand.  His other hand is hidden under all the GM/Owner conduct 'stuff'.

Guy's a friggin snake in the grass.  I hate that people love him so much.

I actually just think he’s decent. I liked Stern personally….give me a good ol asshole any day of the week

Insider warz ....

https://www.pelicansreport.com/showthread.php?91198-Tell-us-something-we-didn-t-already-know

Something you didnt already know? Zion's camp wants him to play, our docs want him to get the surgery.
Something you didnt already know? Griff has wanted to trade him for a while. Ownership wont let him.
Something you didnt already know? Hawks are ready to give Pels a big package for him, if they are allowed to have their people look at him this summer.
Three things you didnt already know. Now, will you choose to believe this time? That is something I dont know.

PeliCan'ts insider gatherin' troops at the border.  Will our insiders be Ukraine?

Just so folks are aware, I wouldn't even trade Gorgui Dieng for Zion.  Can't count on the guy's health.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

• Premium Member
25 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Insider warz ....

https://www.pelicansreport.com/showthread.php?91198-Tell-us-something-we-didn-t-already-know

PeliCan'ts insider gatherin' troops at the border.  Will our insiders be Ukraine?

Just so folks are aware, I wouldn't even trade Gorgui Dieng for Zion.  Can't count on the guy's health.

I said this back at that draft or before. Zion's two preferred options were Atlanta and New York in that order.

With his injuries I don't know if Travis is still interested. It would be a move from ownership to get national attention ie money put into their pockets if we traded for Zion to play with Trae. JC would definitely be moved to make that happen.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

• Premium Member
34 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Insider warz ....

Wait...he needs another surgery? But he still wants to play on a bad foot with all that weight?? :er:

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

• Premium Member
13 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Wait...he needs another surgery? But he still wants to play on a bad foot with all that weight?? :er:

Yes, that's been out for a week or more now that he might need a 2nd surgery on his foot. In fairness to Zion it is hard to lose weight when you have surgery on a foot or leg.  I don't know if he is doing swimming pool exercises yet but I hope he is. Also laying off some of the bad foods. 

I would be absolutely terrified if the Hawks traded for him. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

14 minutes ago, Sothron said:

Yes, that's been out for a week or more now that he might need a 2nd surgery on his foot. In fairness to Zion it is hard to lose weight when you have surgery on a foot or leg.  I don't know if he is doing swimming pool exercises yet but I hope he is. Also laying off some of the bad foods. 

I would be absolutely terrified if the Hawks traded for him. 

And excited.  

But that foot injury is a HUGE read flag.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

He's gotta be available, healthy and in shape for this to make sense and be worthwhile.

I promise the Hawks medical staff would have to be given full clearance to look at his medical reports and do their own exam of him before the Hawks would trade for him. You can't commit to the resources we would be expending to get him without doing that. 

• Like 2