• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

My guy has talked around NBA circles of late

NBASupes

16 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

:laugh1:I thought I had to try it once. :fie:

200w.webp?cid=ecf05e47ovzx6h6lnzg7r7dvh8

You're not a tourist, squd.  Don't fall for the traps.

Next thing you know, you're gonna be chuckin' about how many "Peachtree Streets" there are.

Man that reminds me one time my BIL called and, I guess, wanted to flex about being in downtown Atlanta.  I was like (loooooooooong sigh) 'where you at?'

He said 'I'm ridin' down Peachtree'"

I was like ....

200w.webp?cid=ecf05e47xd9jfm20hsrcfhurrj

Wife was like, "Who was that?"

I was like ...

200w.webp?cid=ecf05e474t9h216z788t4uc3f7

Telemarketer?

4 minutes ago, LucastheThird said:

Please don't. Your stomach and digestive tract will thank you. 

Eggsactly.  School 'em, Luc3.

• Haha 3

Feel free to try the Varsity food.  Even putting chili on the dogs or burgers is okay these days.  They now use canola oil for cooking, so it is less "greasy" and unhealthy than in the old days.  The fried pies (peach is my favorite) and the frosted orange (a Creamsicle flavored shake) are terrific. 
My friends (the Gordy Family) own the Varsity.  Frank Gordy founded it in the 1920s.  His wife, Evelyn then ran it for decades before turning it over to her daughter Nancy, who then turned it over to her son Gordon.  
Evelyn went to Reinhardt College in north Georgia.  I was a VP there and became good friends with her and the family over the years.  
At one time they were the largest single restaurant (one location) purchaser of Coca-Cola in the world.  And on days when Georgia Tech has football games, they sometimes did 30,000 hotdogs in one day!
Definitely worth checking out when you are in town.  

3 minutes ago, LongTimeFan said:

Feel free to try the Varsity food.  Even putting chili on the dogs or burgers is okay these days.  They now use canola oil for cooking, so it is less "greasy" and unhealthy than in the old days.  The fried pies (peach is my favorite) and the frosted orange (a Creamsicle flavored shake) are terrific. 
My friends (the Gordy Family) own the Varsity.  Frank Gordy founded it in the 1920s.  His wife, Evelyn then ran it for decades before turning it over to her daughter Nancy, who then turned it over to her son Gordon.  
Evelyn went to Reinhardt College in north Georgia.  I was a VP there and became good friends with her and the family over the years.  
At one time they were the largest single restaurant (one location) purchaser of Coca-Cola in the world.  And on days when Georgia Tech has football games, they sometimes did 30,000 hotdogs in one day!
Definitely worth checking out when you are in town.  

I'm cool with the peach...but I love when they have the sweet potato fried pies 

Edited by HawksNWaffles
  • Like 1

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, Sothron said:

If he is traded and that means the Pelicans ownership finally approves it then I do agree with @Diesel that NYK is the most likely location. They would have the Duke 3 reunited to entice him plus NY's money and big city feel. 

All of his moves have been orchestrated.   He stopped seeing the N.O. Doctors and did the rest of his rehab in PTL.   So that the team won't know where he stands in his rehab... he can send any message he wants.   Now, he might need "another surgery"   Now he's over 320 lbs... This lowers the value to PTL so that when Rose makes a good deal, PTL has nothing to lose. 

They don't have to sell Zion.. He's already all in for NY. 

• Premium Member
13 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

on a TWOSday no less!

@kg01 Also I like that you brought this up because I'm a huge nerd with stuff like this and made all my friends list 2 reasons why today is a great day.  We won't have another day like this until February 2, 2202 which is also a Tuesday

• Like 3

• Premium Member

Varsity has great food. It is where I met Starbury when he was a freshman at GT and we had a great talk. Led to me cheering for the TWolves as my WC team when he got drafted there. The food is good. It is a tourist thing to do for a reason. 

It is like eating at Carlton's in Sylvester, Ga or Jimmy's hot dogs or the best hot dog place in the world Little Red Dog House both of which are in Albany, Ga. You gotta eat there at least once.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, Sothron said:

Varsity has great food. It is where I met Starbury when he was a freshman at GT and we had a great talk. Led to me cheering for the TWolves as my WC team when he got drafted there

So that's how you became a T-Wolves fan - don't remember ever hearing this story before. :good:

• Like 3

• Premium Member
20 minutes ago, Sothron said:

the best hot dog place in the world Little Red Dog House  which is in Albany, Ga

I'm sure Mrs. Sothron would disagree with that statement.

Edited by shakes
  • Haha 4

• Premium Member
24 minutes ago, Sothron said:

Varsity has great food. It is where I met Starbury when he was a freshman at GT and we had a great talk. Led to me cheering for the TWolves as my WC team when he got drafted there. The food is good. It is a tourist thing to do for a reason. 

It is like eating at Carlton's in Sylvester, Ga or Jimmy's hot dogs or the best hot dog place in the world Little Red Dog House both of which are in Albany, Ga. You gotta eat there at least once.

Seriously you haven't lived if you haven't eaten here:

https://www.yelp.com/biz/carltons-hamburgers-and-hotdogs-sylvester

or here:

https://www.yelp.com/biz/little-red-dog-house-albany?osq=little+red+dog+house+albany+georgia

or here:

https://www.yelp.com/biz/jimmies-hot-dogs-albany?osq=jimmy's+hot+dogs+albany+georgia

And in Americus, Georgia you gotta eat here:

https://www.yelp.com/biz/roman-oven-pizzeria-americus?osq=roman+oven+americus+georgia

There is not one bad item on the Roman Oven menu. Trust me. When I was in college at GSW I almost lived at Roman Oven. Great pizza, burgers, wraps, nachos, hell you name it they got it almost.

• Thanks 2

• Premium Member
45 minutes ago, Sothron said:

She would. You should see the battles that break out when we cook hot dogs. She absolutely refuses to put ketchup on a hot dog and will go so far as to hide the ketchup from me so I can't put it on my hot dog. I know it is against the religion of Chicago to put it on a hot dog but man she's fanatical about it.

Mrs. Sothron fights dirty. 

you put ketchup on a hot dog.....AND she still married you?

Here in Chicago we call that settling.

And we're all fanatical about that, not just your wife.    Some places won't even stock ketchup or if they do they just use it for fries and refuse to put it on dogs.  Up here we say unless you're 8 years old or under there's no excuse for wanting to ruin a hot dog with ketchup.

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, Sothron said:

She absolutely refuses to put ketchup on a hot dog and will go so far as to hide the ketchup from me so I can't put it on my hot dog.

Good for her!!!! You like ketchup on your hot dog 🌭, you don’t like the volt in the past Hawks uniforms or prolly the current Wolves alternate, you are in 27 fantasy leagues, you kick your feet up while you watch Hawks games and you like gabbing but never knitting 🧶 and somehow with all your quirks, you’re a married man.

You are one fascinating man 👨 Mr. @Sothron

If you do a movie 🎥 I wanna oversee costumes.

image.gif.d2ef6284f3ae5bf9eecd6e2a59328853.gif

• Haha 4