• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

My guy has talked around NBA circles of late

NBASupes

5 hours ago, NBASupes said:

Our player movement outside of JC has always been bad. The only two bigs since I consider JC a versatile tweener forward which is how I saw Sap although they are different overall isn't guys who can guard 5s is Dedmon and Capela. While Okongwu can finish and occassionally roll. He's more of a screener to screen than a screener to score. 

Cam has movement skills but his movement BBIQ is low.

Kev and Trae lack the stamina. Some here will cry and say give Trae a chance with a star but I watched John Wall and other PGs with low two way stamina do the same shit throughout their careers. Just because you want them to do it doesn't mean they will and just because JC overcame massive odds doesn't mean everyone else will. 

This offense worked when the 1/5 PnR was nearly unstoppable and ball movement was exceptional regardless of Trae having a good game.

I do think the lost of Knight and Goodwin just hasn't been good for us. Goodwin had an extremely high swing compared to Wright but he occasionally fit. Wright just doesn't fit at all offensively and that's critical because we are a heliocentric ball movement based offense when it works. Knight just hasn't been replaced at all and Gallo and Lou regression is hurting us like VCs regression did a couple of years ago.

I already mentioned our over reliance on the 1-5 PnR and a lack of heart and leadership is an issue. I do think Solo lost in the locker room hurts. I do think TLC is a massive drop down from Snell and last year Hill and while Hill production dropped, his impact was higher on this squad than last year's which tells me players who know how to play is still very much missing from this squad. 

Atlanta needs quality vets but vets who want no shine. Atlanta got too many people who want shine already. They need more Snell and Hill but more effective than TLC.

See highlights for my thoughts.

9 hours ago, mrhonline said:

Sticking with my suggestion:

You give up on this failure of a season, dump Bogi, and then have more room to maneuver in the summer.

15 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

@JTB

If I was Travis S. 

1. I'll get an offensive star or superstar at the 5. 

Offer the kitchen sink for KAT

Offer one choice of

Reddish

Huerter(salary fit)

Okongwu

2022 protected 1st 

+ Bogi for Sabonis

2. Trade Delon Wright/TLC for RoCo/Snell

https://basketball.realgm.com/tradechecker/saved_trade/7512996

This puts us in the tax by 2,575,503 so I would be looking to move some salary to get back down. I would imagine Atlanta rather put Dieng in this over TLC because of contract but I don't think Portland will be interested in adding to their LT bill. 

3. Danilo Gallinari for Eric Bledsoe

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=ycxnnf9k

I would prefer Dragic but Bledsoe gives us a rich man's Goodwin and gets just over the LT by 225,503 and I think Dragic will cost us a pick. Bledsoe has another year left. I do think Atlanta would rather do a deal for Dragic if Toronto wanted that. This does add 2 mil to LAC's LT bill but it cuts a lot for next year which they likely care about a lot more. 

4. Someone taking on Dieng to get us under the LT. 

My reasoning. I've already explained Sabonis. I won't do it a thousand more times. 

RoCo is a rich man's replacement of Solo Hill at this stage. Snell is low end and I know that but he hits open threes, has good chemistry with our team and he's a smart defender, even if he isn't a good defender. We need that. 

Bledsoe is a rich man's Goodwin.

Dieng won't be needed anymore after the Sabonis or KAT deal so he's a cap causality. Probably get someone to cheaply fill into his role. 

Assuming we can't do #1, I would like to trade Bogi to Orlando for Gary Harris. Even give them a 2nd or two as a sweetner. 

Edited by NBASupes
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

My reasoning. I've already explained Sabonis. I won't do it a thousand more times. 

RoCo is a rich man's replacement of Solo Hill at this stage. Snell is low end and I know that but he hits open threes, has good chemistry with our team and he's a smart defender, even if he isn't a good defender. We need that. 

Bledsoe is a rich man's Goodwin.

Dieng won't be needed anymore after the Sabonis or KAT deal so he's a cap causality. Probably get someone to cheaply fill into his role. 

Assuming we can't do #1, I would like to trade Bogi to Orlando for Gary Harris. Even give them a 2nd or two as a sweetner. 

Garry harris is horrible LMAOO. You are banking on a player being better/improving because he is no longer in a bad situation. he is terrible

15 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Garry harris is horrible LMAOO. You are banking on a player being better/improving because he is no longer in a bad situation. he is terrible

I am banking on getting out of Bogi contract for an expiring in that deal who's high risk. I'll rather Bogi over Harris but Harris has no owed salary past this season. 

9 minutes ago, Diesel said:

I got a Bogi trade that would help us:

Bogi/Wright to Minnesota for Beverley and Beasley. 

Small trade.   Brings us some defense.  Gets them some shooting.  Fair to all. 

Not a fan of Beasley for us at all. That would be our Clarkson to CLE move. Pat Bev would be tremendous. I just dont see why MIN would do that. 

Nothing I would love more than a Wright for Pat Bev deal. 

Edited by NBASupes

36 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I am banking on getting out of Bogi contract for an expiring in that deal who's high risk. I'll rather Bogi over Harris but Harris has no owed salary past this season. 

ahh thats pretty smart. Tho I don't see why the magic would want to do that. If cam is traded, I could see the hawks doing so with gallo sallary

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

If Travis makes a move, It should probably be with an eye on next year. This year might out of reach if we do not get hot soon.

This is one of the reasons why I'm glad Travis has kept our picks. This year's pick could be a lottery pick if we don't turn things around.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Sothron said:

This is one of the reasons why I'm glad Travis has kept our picks. This year's pick could be a lottery pick if we don't turn things around.

What if we win the lottery? Man that would open the door to so many trades

• Like 3

• Premium Member
39 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Not a fan of Beasley for us at all. That would be our Clarkson to CLE move. Pat Bev would be tremendous. I just dont see why MIN would do that. 

Nothing I would love more than a Wright for Pat Bev deal. 

The reason why Minny would consider it is:

Bogi.   Minny needs some shooters for KAT and AntMan.  Beasley has been hoovering around the 34% range but he doesn't have the potential that Bogi does.  Delon may not work for us, but he can definitely get some burn for Minny and prolly do well in their offense.   Defensively he's a watered down Beverley but He can hit three pointers better. 

The real thing is will Minny part with Beverley for better shooting.   There's no love keeping Beasley in Minny but Beverley has been a defensive spark there.   However, as the KAT and Ant-man show continues, their immediate need is better shooting.  This trade gets them that. 

For us...  We get Beverley.  You say that you would love Beverley for Wright... Pass the weed...   Because you got to be smoking.  We have to entice them with the addition of Bogi.  I think Bogi would possibly reach higher levels playing with Ant an KAT.  He can't help it.  He would also be a help for Russell in that he can handle the ball from time to time. 

All things considered, it's a fair trade. 

Looks like Cam is a goner

https://theathletic.com/3067453/2022/01/13/ben-simmons-fit-in-atlanta-cam-reddishs-future-and-more-hawks-mailbag

What do you think the likeliness of Cam Reddish being traded is, percentage-wise? Though I am still enamored with his potential, he and Gallinari seem the likeliest out the door. The Hawks have understandably stated it’s unlikely they can pay everyone. But at this point, it’s not like Cam (or even De’Andre Hunter) is really pricing himself out of Atlanta right now. Do you think it’s possible Atlanta elects to keep both and chooses to unload other contracts instead, such as a Bogdan Bogdanović or Gallinari at the deadline, or Capela in the offseason? Do you think there is a willingness to live in the luxury tax if the Hawks return to being a winning team? — Ben S. 

From what I’ve heard from sources, it would be a surprise if Reddish is still with the Hawks past the trade deadline. If he doesn’t get traded before the deadline, I still do not see a long-term future for him in Atlanta. I agree with your assessment that he and Gallinari are the two likeliest players to be traded.

To your second question about keeping both Hunter and Reddish, I don’t think that’s happening, mainly because I do not think Reddish will be a Hawk for much longer. If both Hunter and Reddish had both proven themselves and it were clear both were going to be stars, then, yeah, they’d likely make moves around them to make sure they were both in Atlanta long term; however, that hasn’t happened.

I already answered the luxury-tax question, but Ressler has no problems paying it if the team is a contender.

Which player is most likely to be traded at the deadline? —Reggie M. 

I think Reddish is the likeliest player to get moved ahead of the deadline. I’m not going to put percentages on it, but everything I hear right now suggests him not being on the roster after the deadline. The Hawks are also exploring moving Gallinari. It wouldn’t be a surprise to see both of them get moved ahead of the deadline.

Edited by GameTime

7 minutes ago, GameTime said:

Chris has been pushing the trade Cam train since last year.  I don't think we are going to see any major movement.  If anything, Hunter and Reddish will have reasonable extensions because neither has proved to worthy of a big extension to this point. 

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, LongTimeFan said:
ESPN Sources: The Atlanta Hawks are trading forward Cam Reddish to the New York Knicks for a deal that includes a protected 2022 first-round pick via Charlotte. Knicks also acquire Solomon Hill and a 2025 second-round pick via Brooklyn in trade.

Wow that was fast. Bigger move coming?

Edited by GameTime
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, LongTimeFan said:
ESPN Sources: The Atlanta Hawks are trading forward Cam Reddish to the New York Knicks for a deal that includes a protected 2022 first-round pick via Charlotte. Knicks also acquire Solomon Hill and a 2025 second-round pick via Brooklyn in trade.

What the actual f*ck.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1