• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

My guy has talked around NBA circles of late

NBASupes

9 minutes ago, ATLHawks3 said:

I'm going to be real with you, any GM who would make that trade is a dumbass. You're going to be locking up ~$102 million per season into 3 players leaving you with a little avenue to improve the roster around them. Harris isn't that guy to justify doing that. 

I actually like Harris, but at his price..no way!

3 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Travis is bad at trades. The one thing he won't do is trade FUTURE draft picks like that but players and take on salary. He will and Tony will approve. This will get done or Atlanta won't make a blockbuster move, it's just that simple. This is what Morey wasn't waiting for. That team who NEEDS to make a move. I don't like it and I personally think we are giving Philly a chance at contention. That said, when your market for top end players are limited. There is advantages to it. This is the bad about our season last year, we jumped the gun but the biggest issue is, rookie contracts are about to end and outside of Kevin, no one has given us a discount and don't expect Dre to when there is limitations to big wings with talent in this league. We love talking about we can't pay everyone. We also can't pay if the record is like this. 

This part…that’s why I believe Schlenk may be all in for Simmons. Hawks market to get an “impact player” is low. It sucks but that’s our reality.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, JTB said:

This part…that’s why I believe Schlenk may be all in for Simmons. Hawks market to get an “impact player” is low. It sucks but that’s our reality.

This is best way to keep your job. Sell you getting two all stars. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

This is best way to keep your job. Sell you getting two all stars. 

You'll have to send Bogi, John, a smaller contract and Gallo to even make the math work on that trade.  Philly doesn't have enough roster flexibility to take on four players. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, marco102 said:

You'll have to send Bogi, John, a smaller contract and Gallo to even make the math work on that trade.  Philly doesn't have enough roster flexibility to take on four players. 

In Supes pod he said hunter, Collins, Wright and gallo plus picks

2 minutes ago, phoostal said:

In Supes pod he said hunter, Collins, Wright and gallo plus picks

Still doesn't work.  Philly has a full roster. They'll either have to waive two players or a third team will be involved. 

I haven't listened to the podcast just saying the math (number of players) of it just isn't working.  

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, niremetal said:

That's crazy, Supes. I know you're mad about THIS trade, but it's nuts to say he's bad at trades.

We got Capela for a guy who retired almost immediately after and a #17 pick in an extremely shallow draft. All Clint did was lead the NBA in rebounding and almost singlehandedly make our defense decent, earning us a trip to the conference finals. That was a heist.

We turned Kris Dunn and Bruno into Wright. Dunn is out of the league, and Bruno is not far behind. For all our frustration about Wright's lack of aggression, he is clearly much better than the guys we gave up. That was clearly a win.

Other trades that landed us decent players include the Len/Parker/Dedmon cycle of trades, which ultimately turned into Snell, Mays, and Deuce Coop (yes, I'm still trying to make fetch happen). From Snell's performance last season alone, that was at least a break-even trade. 

That's it as far as trades that involved rotation players rather than pure cap-space trades or swapping draft picks. We broke even on literally all of those types of trades.

I'm finding it hard to have TITS with this trade because it just feels like we should have gotten more for Cam. But Travis has clearly been good at trades in the past, and that's the only reason I'm extending some benefit of the doubt on this one.

Capela had to sit out a year. Who could meet those demands outside of us and even then, we got lucky he had extra time to recover due to COVID. Claiming it as a win right now just completely looks over the fact that he was basically damaged goods at the time we made the trade. 

You can say that's a win but it's a massive high risk trade. One that we wouldn't make today. 

The Bruno traded costed us two 2nds. 

Dunn was signed so he wasn't as much a negative as Bruno was. 

Wright hasn't exactly led us to winning Basketball nor has he been a good fit for us. Likely getting moved.

Those trades as well as the many we made in those years had very mixed reactions and not was overly impactful. Even when a trade helped like Lou, it ended up hurting us down the road a short time later. 

Snell might have been his best deal. We got someone completely garbage for someone fairly productive. Guys like Lou was hit or miss even last year and Snell was terrible in the playoffs.

I dont see how you dont see this man as someone good at trades and you were around the BK, Sund, and Ferry era. All of them seem to make one trade or moved that ended their tender except Ferry.

29 minutes ago, marco102 said:

Still doesn't work.  Philly has a full roster. They'll either have to waive two players or a third team will be involved. 

I haven't listened to the podcast just saying the math (number of players) of it just isn't working.  

I was just throwing out names. In order for any team to do a deal with a full roster, they have to make sure they meet the roster min and roster max. Philly will have to cut or trade players but they know that already if you move big salaries in a packaged deal 

Edited by NBASupes

18 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I was just throwing out names. In order for any team to do a deal with a full roster, they have to make sure they meet the roster min and roster max. Philly will have to cut or trade players but they know that already if you move big salaries in a packaged deal 

Supes have you heard anything from your guy about the conversation between Windhurst and Woj??

listening to their podcast there’s certainly something on the table…thats including Tobias which of course came up and they both confirmed they heard it from their sources…as you have mentioned collins has to be the deal for it to even still be going with Morey.

I was just wondering if your guy has mentioned if he heard the framework of the deal since Woj and Windhurst pretty much already let the world know. The fact that Tobias has been brought up and there are no reports that schlenk (hawks) saying “no deal”….something must close.

Edited by JTB

• Premium Member
10 minutes ago, JTB said:

I was just wondering if your guy has mentioned if he heard the framework of the deal since Woj and Windhurst pretty much already let the world know. The fact that Tobias has been brought up and there are no reports that schlenk (hawks) saying “no deal”….something must close.

The initial report indicated that the Hawks were interested in Simmons until Philly brought up Harris.

Spears also reported that the Hawks had interest in a trade for Simmons until the 76ers broached the possibility of including Harris. 

..and this:

Adrian Wojnarowski: Atlanta is not taking back Tobias Harris in a deal with Ben Simmons. Could they re-route Tobias Harris somewhere else? It is a lot of money on his contract. Philadelphia continues to be content to wait.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, JTB said:

Supes have you heard anything from your guy about the conversation between Windhurst and Woj??

listening to their podcast there’s certainly something on the table…thats including Tobias which of course came up and they both confirmed they heard it from their sources…as you have mentioned collins has to be the deal for it to even still be going with Morey.

The only thing I got was I was allowed to talk about Philly interest in Hunter. Nothing other than back and fore on Reddish. 

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

The initial report indicated that the Hawks were interested in Simmons until Philly brought up Harris.

Spears also reported that the Hawks had interest in a trade for Simmons until the 76ers broached the possibility of including Harris. 

..and this:

Adrian Wojnarowski: Atlanta is not taking back Tobias Harris in a deal with Ben Simmons. Could they re-route Tobias Harris somewhere else? It is a lot of money on his contract. Philadelphia continues to be content to wait.

Thanks…I missed this if it was on the podcast …but that’s good to know and I will take it as a sure thing since it came from Woj but Rerouting Harris is not going to be easy ….definitely worth a shot to keep the deal alive though.

who in their right mind would take Harris contract ? It’d have to be contender for sure!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

The only thing I got was I was allowed to talk about Philly interest in Hunter. Nothing other than back and fore on Reddish. 

Cool thanks so Philly was the mystery team. Makes a lot of sense….I would assume hunter and collins are the MUST in any deal to get Simmons to Atlanta.

this is going to be very interesting.

5 minutes ago, JTB said:

Cool thanks so Philly was the mystery team. Makes a lot of sense….I would assume hunter and collins are the MUST in any deal to get Simmons to Atlanta.

this is going to be very interesting.

Yeah but Morey delusional.

50 minutes ago, JTB said:

Thanks…I missed this if it was on the podcast …but that’s good to know and I will take it as a sure thing since it came from Woj but Rerouting Harris is not going to be easy ….definitely worth a shot to keep the deal alive though.

who in their right mind would take Harris contract ? It’d have to be contender for sure!

Lakers not fitting with westbrook, those salaries will match.

Houston and John Wall.

OKC into cap space.

Dallas is always up for doing something weird and stupid.  Porzingis?

• Haha 1