• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

My guy has talked around NBA circles of late

NBASupes

1 minute ago, bleachkit said:

Simmons and Harris? That's like 70 million in salary. That's not gonna happen. 

Thats what Philly wants.  Apparently its a package deal only.  That may be another reason there has been no news on the Hawks front about getting Simmons.

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, Hawkmoor said:

I put Hunter back in there.  What if they can keep Hunter and move Collins?

pg Young

sg Simmons

sf Harris

pf Hunter

c Capela

Ok I guess you should switch Simmons and Hunter. Hunter is averaging what 2 rebounds a game? He can't play PF at a high level. Simmons is a natural PF, that should be his position in the NBA. Another issue is shooting though. There isn't a single legit 3pt threat on the squad outside of Trae. I know Hunter is shooting it at a high percentage but it's on low volume and he is a career average shooter from three. Harris is sub-par, Simmons is literally the worst. Defensively we would be pretty good, offensively I'm  not sure this is it. 

2 minutes ago, Hawkmoor said:

Thats what Philly wants.  Apparently its a package deal only.  That may be another reason there has been no news on the Hawks front about getting Simmons.

They'd be amazingly smart to get out of those deals, and we'd be amazingly stupid to get into them. 

• Like 2

• Premium Member
Just now, bleachkit said:

You only absorb so much salary through trades, there are rules governing these things.

I think as long as you match salary you are good to go.. though I could be wrong. Of course matching salaries means including three of our four highest paid players. 

1 minute ago, Atlantaholic said:

I think as long as you match salary you are good to go.. though I could be wrong. Of course matching salaries means including three of our four highest paid players. 

Also can't exceed roster spots in the trade so a 4 for 1 doesn't really work if they have to waive 3 people to do it.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, thecampster said:

Also can't exceed roster spots in the trade so a 4 for 1 doesn't really work if they have to waive 3 people to do it.

It would be 3 (Gallo-Cap-Collins)-2(Harris-Simmons) and you can include any random scrub from Philly to fill in the third spot. 

11 minutes ago, Atlantaholic said:

Ok I guess you should switch Simmons and Hunter. Hunter is averaging what 2 rebounds a game? He can't play PF at a high level. Simmons is a natural PF, that should be his position in the NBA. Another issue is shooting though. There isn't a single legit 3pt threat on the squad outside of Trae. I know Hunter is shooting it at a high percentage but it's on low volume and he is a career average shooter from three. Harris is sub-par, Simmons is literally the worst. Defensively we would be pretty good, offensively I'm  not sure this is it. 

They'd be amazingly smart to get out of those deals, and we'd be amazingly stupid to get into them. 

I'm just posting what the media is saying.  If i had a say so, this is how my Hawks lineup would look right now and it COULD have happened with the correct moves by Travis.  He wasn't trying though.  He "ran it back", his words, not mine.

pg Young

sg DeRozan

sf Hunter

pf Collins

c  Adams

Edited by Hawkmoor

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, thecampster said:

Guys like Charles Bassey, Isaiah Joe, and Paul Reed are very easy to cut, imo.

• Premium Member

Hunter is good and I love him but he cannot play the 4... maybe for small stretches against specific lineups but that's it.  And Harris coming in a a non-starter so if Philly is truly dead set on shipping Harris too there has to be a third team or we should just sit tight until the offseason and give the rooks some burn and development.  

5 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

Hunter is good and I love him but he cannot play the 4... maybe for small stretches against specific lineups but that's it.  And Harris coming in a a non-starter so if Philly is truly dead set on shipping Harris too there has to be a third team or we should just sit tight until the offseason and give the rooks some burn and development.  

More like "play Delon Wright 40 minutes a game"

1626153.png

Just now, bleachkit said:

I think Cap can't be traded until the off season

Cap for Boucher and 2 1sts in the offseason if we get Ben?

Edited by GameTime
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, JeffS17 said:

I noticed on this torrid home losing streak that a lot of teams were playing small ball and their stretch 4’s (or just small forwards playing the 4 spot) were killing us. John wasn’t effective when they were shooting three’s and cutting to the basket. Clint and OO weren't effective on switch’s when their man dragged them to the 3 point line.  Dre would have been nice in those situations. 

• Like 1