• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

My guy has talked around NBA circles of late

NBASupes

3 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I agree it's risky - so it has to be weighed in how much we should give up. I prefer us not to sell the farm considering the risk more so from his mental makeup than his skillset. That has me more concerned.

Although the team cant speak with Ben, that is tampering. But no doubt, Trae has ties with him through Klutch and other back channels. So I'm sure they would not make a trade unless Ben assured them he's 100% on board. But nevertheless, the cost is likely prohibitive.

• Premium Member
10 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Although the team cant speak with Ben, that is tampering. But no doubt, Trae has ties with him through Klutch and other back channels. So I'm sure they would not make a trade unless Ben assured them he's 100% on board. But nevertheless, the cost is likely prohibitive.

I don't doubt that Ben would say he's all on board. His primary objective at the moment is to get out of Philly.

9 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I don't doubt that Ben would say he's all on board. His primary objective at the moment is to get out of Philly.

Yes but he probably has preferred destinations. That might not matter to Philly, but it will to teams trading for him. I highly doubt any team trades for him without making sure he's onboard.

• Premium Member
Just now, bleachkit said:

Yes but he probably has preferred destinations. That might not matter to Philly, but it will to teams trading for him. I highly doubt any team trades for him without making sure he's onboard.

I saw he prefers GSW and Dallas, but like you said Philly won't care what he wants.

It's Easy for him to say he's on board now, but would he really be when he starts playing and realizing he's not going to have the ball.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I saw he prefers GSW and Dallas, but like you said Philly won't care what he wants.

It's Easy for him to say he's on board now, but would he really be when he starts playing and realizing he's not going to have the ball.

Well if we trade for Ben, Trae is going to have to concede some of the ball handling duties. I'm sure this would be all discussed ahead of time. 

• Like 2

I agree with both reasons to trade for Simmons and to not trade for Simmons if you have to give up both JC and Hunter….both are a lot of positives and negatives honestly.

I’m glad I’m not in schlenks position cause this is either going to make or break him.

I personally would probably do the mega trade however (I guess I’m risky lol) but try to keep one of JC or Hunter at all cost!…if I can’t get JC or Hunter to stay, my next plan would be to create cap space via trades with expiring deals around Trae and Simmons going into the summer and being active in free agency after seeing what’s needed around them to make this thing work.

I’m not worried about coexisting between Trae and Simmons as much as I am worried about what’s around them as far as role players. Trae and Simmons will work….can you put the right pieces around them is the biggest challenge to me.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

For all you people wanting Ben (including myself I think :mellow:) you know he’s gonna come in with the door 🚪 every morning with that jump shot like.. :laugh1:

image.gif.a3b81288ba5e13531ad134995587bbfa.gif

@Gray Mule That grass in greener thing. Possibly time for patience on trade talk and just play to the best of your abilities and things will take care of themselves off the floor. I got this is my head Gramps and then said to myself..

YOUR INNER GRAMPS CAME OUT!!! :dance:

#squawkknowledge #og

2 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

You are missing my point entirely, what if we don't get the year and half to test drive. And I think this year is lost even if we acquire Simmons.

We just started the 2nd half of the season, if the trade occurs at the deadline, Feb 10th we'll have 28 games left in our season.  I don't think Simmons will be ready to play immediately physically or mentally. We'll have a completely remade roster that would need time. 

This will be a trade looking towards next season.

I just want them to do something that will turn the season around.  Give us something to hope for over the next 3 months. I'm not talking about winning a division or getting home court or anything like that.  Just give us a good product on the court and some reason to hope for a playoff chance.  I'm of the belief that if they just get in, Trae will work his magic and give us a chance. 

And of course, that would also make us optimistic for the future as well.  But dang, I'm not ready to transition into lottery mode in mid January.  Come on Travis, give us some hope man.   

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

I just want them to do something that will turn the season around.  Give us something to hope for over the next 3 months. I'm not talking about winning a division or getting home court or anything like that.  Just give us a good product on the court and some reason to hope for a playoff chance.  I'm of the belief that if they just get in, Trae will work his magic and give us a chance. 

And of course, that would also make us optimistic for the future as well.  But dang, I'm not ready to transition into lottery mode in mid January.  Come on Travis, give us some hope man.   

I think we all want that. The question is does it need to be a big mega trade or a smaller trade.

Do you really see a big turn around if we remake the entire team at the deadline? I just don't 

2 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Or Lou, about the same salaries. I thought Dieng would have a different/better impact. :cray2: 

I can say that about most of the team unfortunately.

• Sad 1

So this has most likely been brought up but any long term interest in Deandre Ayton? In a possible JC plus asset swap? 

Watching the Suns/Pistons and George Blahblah (hehe :sarcastic:) said something about McGee playing with the starters and not Ayton.

Is he the answer for Trae? 

18 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I think we all want that. The question is does it need to be a big mega trade or a smaller trade.

Do you really see a big turn around if we remake the entire team at the deadline? I just don't 

I don't disagree with you that a mega trade would really require time they don't have to get all the guys on the same page and playing well.  But I'm not sure roster changes just around the edges or minor tweeks will really have a substantial impact.  So 🤷‍♂️

What I do know is Atlanta is only 4 games in the L column out of 10th and 5 games out of 7th.  So there needs to be an urgency about it to have any chance at all, but with 40 games left, it's certainly not out of the realm of possibilities that they can make a run and get into the play in tourney.

And to be completely honest, the teams between the Hawks and the 6 seed are:  Cavs, Hornets, Raps, Wiz, Knicks, and C's.  All of those teams, imo, have issues as well that could lead to them falling back some.  I don't think it's all that unrealistic that those teams falter down the stretch to some degree.  The real question is whether the Hawks and turn it around enough to capitalize on it.   

• Like 3

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

I don't disagree with you that a mega trade would really require time they don't have to get all the guys on the same page and playing well.  But I'm not sure roster changes just around the edges or minor tweeks will really have a substantial impact.  So 🤷‍♂️

What I do know is Atlanta is only 4 games in the L column out of 10th and 5 games out of 7th.  So there needs to be an urgency about it to have any chance at all, but with 40 games left, it's certainly not out of the realm of possibilities that they can make a run and get into the play in tourney.

And to be completely honest, the teams between the Hawks and the 6 seed are:  Cavs, Hornets, Raps, Wiz, Knicks, and C's.  All of those teams, imo, have issues as well that could lead to them falling back some.  I don't think it's all that unrealistic that those teams falter down the stretch to some degree.  The real question is whether the Hawks and turn it around enough to capitalize on it.   

I don't disagree with any of this in principal, we'd have to win more often than not in the next 12 games prior to the deadline. We need to make up 5 games in the win columns for the #10 spot (if teams ahead of us lose) and go 10-2 to get back to .500. Tall task. I would love to see it.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

So there needs to be an urgency about it to have any chance at all, but with 40 games left, it's certainly not out of the realm of possibilities that they can make a run and get into the play in tourney.

To place an avatar bet: @Spud2nique.

Thanks. We going in. 10th, 7th, whatever. We getting in.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

To place an avatar bet: @Spud2nique.

Thanks. We going in. 10th, 7th, whatever. We getting in.

I'll be optimistic until they are officially eliminated.  Just the way I'm wired.  I don't have the answers as to HOW they turn it around, but I've seen enough good play out of several of these players over the last 2 years to believe wholeheartedly that we have some good NBA players on the roster.  They just need to play better.  IF that means a major shake up or a few tweeks, I don't know.  But I don't believe for a second that they are incapable of turning it around.  

• Like 2