• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

My guy has talked around NBA circles of late

NBASupes

Just now, terrell said:

This is a bad team. At some point they are going to start winning. If they can then put all of these losses in perspective and learn from it, they might be able to climb the mountain. Until then, this team looks like its collapsing. If we don't string together a bunch of wins NOW, I expect huge shakeups. The owner has already put tons of pressure on Travis, and this is going all the way to the players. Until someone mans up and refuses to lose, allowing others to fall into place, let's start talking about the lottery. At least its fun.

After Milwaukee, there are a couple of winnable games.  However, the Hawks need to build health and chemistry to get those wins.  Something they haven't had all season. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, marco102 said:

After Milwaukee, there are a couple of winnable games.  However, the Hawks need to build health and chemistry to get those wins.  Something they haven't had all season. 

A winning streak starting on MLK day would be nice... 

• Like 2

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, kg01 said:

@Sothron can you explain to him that, while edwards has been good for MIN, there are a plethora of reasons they've ascended from laughingstock to middling play-in team?

The biggest change is the defense. Every one on the team is locked on defense. You have energy guys like Vanderbuilt, Okogie, Beverly and Mcdaniels and it really carries throughout the team. KAT has guys around him that can actually stop ball penetration and not rely on him to save their ass every trip down the court. Watch them play defense and watch our wings play defense. It is night and day.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Sothron said:

The biggest change is the defense. Every one on the team is locked on defense. You have energy guys like Vanderbuilt, Okogie, Beverly and Mcdaniels and it really carries throughout the team. KAT has guys around him that can actually stop ball penetration and not rely on him to save their ass every trip down the court. Watch them play defense and watch our wings play defense. It is night and day.

So, if I'm reading you right, it wasn't some individual player that came on and changed everything?  Weird.  Any chance you can convey that to other folks here?  If I say it, they'll think I'm just poopooing young guys. 😇

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Sothron said:

We need a few guys like Vanderbilt on our squad...

• Like 1

• Premium Member
22 minutes ago, terrell said:

I'd love to get KAT but I can't see them trading him. Vanderbilt would be so good on this team. We need someone like him. All energy, all defense and no fear.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Sothron said:

I'd love to get KAT but I can't see them trading him. Vanderbilt would be so good on this team. We need someone like him. All energy, all defense and no fear.

Since Vandy emerged they have changed as a team. He's a core player. I think TS needs to adjust his drafting from best available to best fits around Trae Young or trade picks for those guys.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
Just now, NBASupes said:

Since Vandy emerged they have changed as a team. He's a core player. I think TS needs to adjust his drafting from best available to best fits around Trae Young or trade picks for those guys.

Completely agree with you there. We have the engine in Trae. Now we need the best fits FOR HIM and not best player available. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Definitely.

And add his mama to be one of our assistant coaches. She was with Ja Morant in his rookie year at Memphis.

Inside Niele Ivey's first weeks as Notre Dame's head coach

We moved up from #9 to #4 and took him on my 2nd try on tankathon... lol

Edited by terrell

Can’t believe we are talking about lotto players again! SMH….I hope if the plan is to rebuild we do a soft rebuild and still make a major trade. 

I don’t care who’s in the draft that rookie is not going to provide a ton of year 1 help.

1 minute ago, JTB said:

Can’t believe we are talking about lotto players again! SMH….I hope if the plan is to rebuild we do a soft rebuild and still make a major trade. 

I don’t care who’s in the draft that rookie is not going to provide a ton of year 1 help.

The upside is if you draft another star he will be 2 - 4 years Younger than Trae. That may extend your championship window.

27 minutes ago, JTB said:

Only because the coach won't give him a shot to play.

Meanwhile in Denver . . . 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, kg01 said:

There's no college player that's gonna come in and cure what ails this team.  Good lord, yall.  

I hate the fact that they all gave up already with 40 games left. We are down a handful 🤚 of games that’s it. A lot can happen. Oh and this isn’t the college thread take it elsewhere :angry2: Off the lawn!

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, terrell said:

You really need to stop stalking me bro. I was in on Vandy, and then the MLK day streak. Nah, you hate us. And, you are Supes. :dance:

Edited by Spud2nique
  • Confused 1