• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

My guy has talked around NBA circles of late

NBASupes

3 minutes ago, GameTime said:

What does the Mavs have that we would want? Id take Brunson but thats about it...

2 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

Yes I get moody, you’re right there are those that straight bash.. just a tough season I guess.. speaking of which the Lakers are going through EXACTLY what we are going through.

"We just got to play hard," Westbrook said. "Sometimes, the schemes and how you play doesn't really matter. You got to just play hard sometimes. Teams are playing harder than us, simple as that."

Tough season for the Hawks

Tough season for the Falcons

The Cardinals make the Playoffs, but my nephew cant even play because of injury..

My life.... smh

With that said Go Cardinals!!      Nuk!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

• Moderators
11 minutes ago, terrell said:

Tough season for the Hawks

Tough season for the Falcons

The Cardinals make the Playoffs, but my nephew cant even play because of injury..

My life.... smh

With that said Go Cardinals!!      Nuk!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm probably the only one in the dark but who is your nephew?

• Haha 1

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, JTB said:

Can we stomach sending Collins to the mavs with Flopka …I mean Luka just to help us get Simmons????

i mean I want Simmons here but I have morals dammit! 

The Mavs becoming a championship team with Collins evolving into a two-way all-star is a timeline I don't want to see.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

35 minutes ago, terrell said:

What does the Mavs have that we would want? Id take Brunson but thats about it...

Brunson wants 4 years, $80 million in the offseason. 

The Mavericks don't really have assets that intrigue me to trade Collins for. Hard pass on them. 

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, kg01 said:

It's weird how money changes perceptions on players.  Harris is vastly overpaid.  He makes over $40mil next year iirc.  He's a fine player.  Were he properly paid, he'd be a good addition.  But the money makes it untenable.

That’s why I love pets 🐕 :smile:

22 minutes ago, ATLHawks3 said:

Brunson wants 4 years, $80 million in the offseason. 

The Mavericks don't really have assets that intrigue me to trade Collins for. Hard pass on them. 

Shiiiitttt 80 mil! Who does he think he is!

• Haha 2

13 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

What about this trade.

Hawks get : Lu Dort + Derrick Favors

OKC gets : Know + Dieng + TLC + 2022 Hawks pick via Hornets 🐝 (top 19 protected; top 17 in 2023)

Hawks get : DEFENSE and vet leadership AND @kg01 GT guy Favors! Plus Dort plays defense like he gives a $hit about getting scored on.

Favors has this year and a player opt of 10 mill for next year and Dort has a team opt of 2 million for 2022-23. Great contracts and OKC gets our Hornets pick from the Cam deal.
http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=yb2xxdxc

Trae can run with Dort in the backcourt. Hell I’d start Dort along with Trae back there.

PG Trae/ Wright

SG Dort/Bogi

SF Hunter/Huerter

PF Collins/Okongwu 

C Capela/ Favors

Hollinger or whoever runs this hates it for both sides -10 wins for Hawks -2 for OKC 😂 

Squawk thoughts… ?

E35EAA6C-4388-4FFE-9A89-A48C168F9BB2.jpeg

:preved::hi:

• Haha 2

• Premium Member

Untouchables

Trae Young (five years, $180.9 million remaining — poison pill for this year)

The only way Atlanta will trade Trae Young is if he requests out. That’s not happening and the Hawks aren’t moving him, as he’s the franchise cornerstone and the No. 1 player whom they’re building around.

Clint Capela (four years, $84.2 million remaining — not all guaranteed as there are incentives in his contract) 

It’s not that Clint Capela won’t be moved before his contract expires, but he’s ineligible to be traded before the deadline passes 

The likeliest candidate

Danilo Gallinari (two years, $41.9 million remaining, only $5 million guaranteed for 2022-2023 season)

Gallinari’s contract makes him the No. 1 option to use in trades that net the Hawks a quality player in return. He only has $5 million guaranteed next season, so he could be used as a de facto expiring contract for a team looking to create additional cap space. It’s going to take more than just Gallinari and picks to land a difference-maker, but having a veteran who can easily be used for salary-matching purposes is helpful. Gallinari could offer teams in need of 3-point shooting one of the better options across the league.

One to watch 

Bogdan Bogdanovic (two years, $36 million remaining, $18 million player option in 2023-2024)

One of the biggest reasons the Hawks were one of the best teams in the second half last season was because Bogdan Bogdanovic played at an All-Star level as he turned into one of the league’s top 3-point shooters. He’s shooting a career-worst 35 percent from 3, and his defense has cratered from where it was last season. He’s looked a step slow all season and now finds himself on the injury report with right knee soreness — the same knee in which he sustained an avulsion fracture early last season and the same knee that bothered him in the postseason. The Hawks should have some concern because it’s been clear all season that he hasn’t looked like the No. 2 option he turned into next to Young during the team’s run to the Eastern Conference finals. It wouldn’t be a shock to see Bogdanovic included in any deal.

Blockbuster starter pack

John Collins (five years, $125 million remaining)

Collins is a logical candidate to be included in a package for Philadelphia’s Ben Simmons, whom the Hawks have been heavily linked to in the past week. Collins has developed into one of the NBA’s best stretch fours, as he is one of the game’s best rim runners and has turned himself into a plus-40 percent 3-point shooter. Analytically, he’s been the team’s best defender (which isn’t saying much for the team these days), and that matches the eye test. You never have to wonder if you’re getting maximum effort from Collins. One of the non-basketball worries I’d have if Collins was included in a Simmons deal is that the Hawks would be losing one of the only players on the roster who has no problem speaking up and holding guys accountable. You would not be getting that in Simmons.

Onyeka Okongwu (three years, $20.6 million remaining)  

Onyeka Okongwu is likely the Hawks’ center of the future. What he lacks in size is made up for in supreme athleticism and strength. He’s already shown in his first two seasons that he won’t be pushed around by bigger, lumbering centers. He’s got soft touch in the restricted area and has proven to be an excellent finisher in the pick-and-roll. There’s belief inside the organization that Okongwu will develop into a jump shooter, but he’s still got a ways to go to get there as he’s only a 64 percent career free-throw shooter.

De’Andre Hunter (two years, $17.6 million remaining) 

Since De’Andre Hunter returned from his wrist surgery, he’s looked like the Hunter we saw at the start of last season when he showed the potential to be one of the better two-way players in the league. His availability has been an issue, and he’s had two meniscus surgeries already. If he can stay healthy, Hunter can develop into one of the most-important long-term players for the Hawks. The only way I’d trade Hunter is if they get a legitimate second star; otherwise, I’d do everything I could to hold on to him.

Jalen Johnson (four years, $12.9 million remaining)

We don’t know how good Jalen Johnson could end up being because he hasn’t earned an opportunity for rotation minutes yet

Difficult to trade

Kevin Huerter (five years, $69.3 million remaining — poison pill for this year)

Because of Kevin Huerter’s rookie extension signed this past offseason, he has a poison pill provision, meaning his incoming and outgoing salaries for matching purposes are different numbers. Huerter’s outgoing salary, if he were to be traded, would be $4.3 million, while the team trading for him would have $13.9 million incoming.

Kevin Knox (one year, $5.8 million remaining) 

The Hawks just acquired Kevin Knox from the Knicks in the Reddish deal, meaning they can’t aggregate him in any trades for the next 60 days. 

Lou Williams (one year, $5 million remaining) 

Lou Williams can veto any trade, so if he wants to stay with Atlanta, he can. 

Salary filler

Gorgui Dieng (1 year, $4 million remaining) 

Timothe Luwawu-Cabarrot (one year, $1.7 million remaining) 

Delon Wright (one year, $8.5 million remaining)

No real value right now

Skylar Mays (two-way contract)

Sharife Cooper (two-way contract)

• Like 4